Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 76. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 651
Merit: 103
July 26, 2017, 11:34:33 PM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?
I can say that investing your money to the altcoins is a good way to earn more money. Nowadays, many altcoins are becoming successful. So it is obvious that the altcoins are profitable.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 11:28:26 PM
I invest a lot in ICO because I am quite sure of the ICO I choose and certainly have high potential. I restrict investment in ICOs without clear and unplanned information in the future
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
July 26, 2017, 11:00:46 PM
ICOs are happening one after another. A great number of ICOs are lining up. I am having a hard time telling which one is legit and which one is pure scam. ICOs have become a haven for scammers. But let us not jump into a generalizations because there are a few legit ones.

But as for me, I'd rather wait for their tokens to be introduced to major exchange platforms before buying some. There are many whose prices go down lower than ICO price. 

I agree with this, I participated before in ICO's but now I am very,very picky.
Some tokens, even if they have good idea or product (even in Beta), naturally goes down in a month or 2 of hitting the exchanges (natural sentiment of people losing interest and trying to make a quick gain)

I wait for this as you can get tokens for 20%-40% less than the ICO price (even with the 30% bonus that they are offering in the ICO).

That way, I don't waste precious time & money.
Activity: 530
July 26, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
I also invested in ICO, but I invested not too much, to curb the risks of losses, the progressive bitcoin development and the many coins now so competitive that the price of the coin can not be predicted, so I only invest in the beginning if the price of coin is profitable For me, i will sell it
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
July 26, 2017, 09:18:50 PM
Now is not the best time to invest, but whether you have been harmed by ICO itself, if you have ever been harmed by ICO, then you no longer need to invest ICO. If I myself still believe in ico
You need to do your job by studying your investment before doing it, ICOs offer great price as "ICO price" and it's cheaper usually
than the amount you will see when it's out to the market.
As long as the ICO is good then I do not see anything wrong with investing in it, there are many things we need to look for in an ICO before investing in it, read the white paper does it makes sense? Do you think it has a future? It solves something? Is there a market to it? If most or all answers are yes then you can make money if the answers are a bunch of don’t, then most likely the project it is not going to be a success.

There are ICO that are really helpful and investing on it is indeed a great opportunity for us to earn, read their whitepaper, see their escrows, know their goals and roadmap. If everything seems right especially teams were coordinating then it will surely not a scam just hope for many investors to take it then it guarantees also your success in investing.
Yeah the only problem, is that people do not do their due diligence and for them a coin is a scam if they do not make money and it is a good coin if they make money, which is a terrible mistake when evaluating a coin, we must evaluate a coin in terms of what it can do for the community and what problems it solves that way by investing in such a project the possibility of getting scammed can go down significantly.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hexhash.xyz
July 24, 2017, 10:10:54 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?
It is still worth it Sir to invest in ICO because they are still promising. You only need to do is to choose wisely where you will invest your money, preferably on escrowed ICO for safety. Maybe it can't affect the price of ethereum in nearing August 1, I think only bitcoin cause its for bitcoin.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
July 24, 2017, 10:05:58 AM
As my opinion nothing good and promising in this dark time.
SNM killed me with their ICO with A+ rating. damn it
Everyone is frustrated and dizzy with this situation. including me. All altcoin falls to the lowest price. I still hold SNM, and RLC.
Be patient with the best solution until the storm ends.
and keep spirit.

Oh wow, the last time I looked at SNM it was more than double ICO price. I had absolutely no idea it tanked to absolute groundfall... what on earth happened there? I heard so much good things about it. And where is this A+ rating you talk about? Who gave it that rating?
Where do you see SNM price 2x ICO price?
We are talking about SONM, i hope not misunderstand.
If you are right, i will sell it now.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
July 24, 2017, 10:00:39 AM
As my opinion nothing good and promising in this dark time.
SNM killed me with their ICO with A+ rating. damn it
Everyone is frustrated and dizzy with this situation. including me. All altcoin falls to the lowest price. I still hold SNM, and RLC.
Be patient with the best solution until the storm ends.
and keep spirit.
The fall is over I guess, most of altcoins has now started to climb back to the price where they used to.
Bitcoin has recovered and it's expecting altcoins will follow, bloody market is already over and it's a green market is what we can see now.
Stay cautious, hard fork seems to be moving in september. Politics in bitcoin make panic, I do not like this situation. It's like someone is making this issue and leveraging the situation to make a profit.
Activity: 218
Merit: 10
I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER
July 23, 2017, 02:22:54 PM
For me yes there is also a good ico and it depends on the team if they already raise up the high cap then the project is good but you have to double check the backgroud of this team for me i was always looking for a long term company it is more important for me that long term is good unlike other ico big profit at first then a few weeks and months become scam already. Choose wisely
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 23, 2017, 02:07:48 PM
as developer/distro to gives with the deliverance of offer to announce with the wider on public audience that the returns on manage as appealing parts with the complete on serials within terms to shows as referring the use of indication as
the further on extent with the following as approaching with the higher strategy to those as had of majors on focus as the support as defining of decision on which field to appeals as applying use of customs and casuals with the modulation to turns on progress to collects with the finest on achievesment to
notice with the dedication of terms as the point of complex as target with the acquaintance.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
July 23, 2017, 12:20:17 PM
There are ICOs that are worth investing. The crucial point is the team and that is the place where one should be looking at, if the dev teams have a good track record.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
Translation Service: English -> Polish
July 23, 2017, 10:27:42 AM
There are still some gems. But overall the ico market is exhausted
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
July 23, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
I think yes, investing into ICOs is still promising because the value of investment in the ICO can be growing up in couples time later, especially the ICO that has good projects, unique purpose and they have legalitation on their country about the corporation, this projects can be trusted to invest into them, so before invest in ICOs make sure learn more about the projects.

Regardless to the statements about how promising ICO investments is really true. That's why many people are getting interested and yet they find it comfortable, as they entrusted their funds to it. But not all ICO will succeed, one time in my experience from previous months I was into unsuccesfull ico, their ico did not meet the goal for ico launching due to lacking of investors. So you needed to learn the whole idea about the ico, to avoid doing task with worthless effort bacause of unsuccessful project launch.
Activity: 518
July 23, 2017, 10:19:16 AM
Mostly ICO are scam because it is really easy to execute in many ways also there are some devs who got caught in the funds of the ICO happened so he will just run away with the money easily but obviously it is the reality we cant do anything what we can do is just be careful in picking a ICO read the paper so that you can see if it is legit token.
Activity: 686
Merit: 510
July 23, 2017, 10:12:07 AM
Not all ICOs are scam. Read all the terms and conditions before putting your money in ICO, know the people behind of building the ICO. It is not always profitable to invest your money there. August 1 is not yet sure if the bitcoin will split. This is just a speculation about bitcoin.
Activity: 545
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
July 23, 2017, 09:58:47 AM
Yes not all ICOs are scam even though there are lots of issues which is encircling as of now but yet there are still some ICOs which is worth investing just always be smart on selecting the most potential one. If you are profited on joining ICOs back in the past then you do most likely know what to do on joining them. Theres no need to ask since you are already knowledgeable just remain smart and could able to point out which is most-likely scam or on to those legit projects. If i do really have the money to invest i will really do such thing. ICOs are profitable specially on projects do have a potential.
The fact that we are joining their campaigns is already enough proofs that we still believe that ICO were worth having and are capable of getting successful depending on how we research it and on what their products might be. We just need to study it before risking our money, besides those who are not scared to risk mostly make it successful.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
July 23, 2017, 09:28:17 AM
Yes not all ICOs are scam even though there are lots of issues which is encircling as of now but yet there are still some ICOs which is worth investing just always be smart on selecting the most potential one. If you are profited on joining ICOs back in the past then you do most likely know what to do on joining them. Theres no need to ask since you are already knowledgeable just remain smart and could able to point out which is most-likely scam or on to those legit projects. If i do really have the money to invest i will really do such thing. ICOs are profitable specially on projects do have a potential.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
July 23, 2017, 08:49:54 AM

YES and NO. NO because first of all, it is very risky.Most of ICOs are scams, and it is hard to tell whether it's a fraud or not. Another thing to consider is that, you'll never know if the project would work. And ICOs arent like preferred stocks that can be returned when the company/ project you've invested losses/fails. It is like investing in a trial and error stage. YES, investing on ICOs could really be very very profitable but ONLY if you have great knowledge and background on this arena. But even so, investigate, calculate, and think more than twice before investing on ICO's.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
July 23, 2017, 07:59:34 AM
I think yes, investing into ICOs is still promising because the value of investment in the ICO can be growing up in couples time later, especially the ICO that has good projects, unique purpose and they have legalitation on their country about the corporation, this projects can be trusted to invest into them, so before invest in ICOs make sure learn more about the projects.
Activity: 306
July 23, 2017, 07:33:19 AM
Some ico are still promising but people started to see ico as gambling. They thought ico makes their money x2 x3 automatically. This is wrong way to invest in a ico.

While I do agree that people should not look at ICO as pure gambling to make themselves rich, I disagree at the same time that ICO can double or even triple their investment. Personally, I invested about 60 USD into EDG tokens during the ICO and I have earned about 584 USD which is a ~900% ROI over the course of a few months. The correct way to invest in an ICO is that u use your additional money which u could afford to lose and invest it in a promising ICO with a  strong development team behind,great use case and novelty of the idea. Most importantly, the project must spark ur interest in it.
Pages:
Jump to: