Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing In ICO's vs Investing AFTER The ICO - page 9. (Read 7309 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 1
Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha
The idea is correct, now most of the projects after the listing cost much less than the price of their tokens on ICO!
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
Yes you are totally right. And i know that everyone talking about this right now. When you check the ICO's from 2018, all prices down like %5000! For example i did invest in KitToken ICO, the ICO price was $0.05 and the prject went well and catched the hardcap with $117,447,182.. But if you check its price now it is like $0.00005.. How could this happen i really don't understand?? So investing after ICO's way better than a investing ICO..
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
many of the ICO is not good even began to be used as investment advice. that's why many have started not interested anymore in ICO running because a lot of that falls when it is reaching the market.
This was what we have experienced in last year. But, there could be multiple reasons why most of the ICOs were crashed down once they hit exchanges, one main reason must be, the total crypto market was falling down hence ethereum based projects were unable to cope up. But, we may have different scenario is coming months as most coins will find positive trend this year. Hence, investing into ICOs may become profitable also.

Indeed many have put up their nets after ICO and expect a low price from the seller that the panic for the price is getting crashed.
When they did get for low prices, what will be the guarantee that price will go back again. As far as I have seen many projects's coin/token never got their recovery but kept dumped and then got delisted. Hence, this is not seeming as a good strategy to obtain coins for cheaper than ICO prices.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Dont invest because most of these ICOs turn into scam after funding if not then likely they are bound to fail in the long-run.

That's why I waited. The Nauticus exchange has a NTS token that I've been wanting to buy for a while. As soon as the price tanked a bit I got some at a discount and then it went up haha. It's down around 40% since its ICO which isn't bad considering ETH is down almost 25% just this week lol.

NTS Price Currently - https://nauticus.exchange/exchange/NTSBTC
copper member
Activity: 370
If I am better off investing before ICO, because we will definitely benefit from cheaper sales and have lots of coins or tokens compared to after the ICO. If you have never invested in ICO, you should study dahiulu before entering further. Most ICOs are now cases of fraud.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 75
Dont invest because most of these ICOs turn into scam after funding if not then likely they are bound to fail in the long-run.
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
Actually investing in cryptocurrency all have a high risk, whether it's investment in ICO or investment after ICO. But if we get a good project and the project is sure to be successful, of course investment in ICO will be more profitable. because the price of tokens is cheaper, even we will also get a bonus. But certainly all Cryptocurrency investments, whether in ICo or after Ico are both at high risk.
~

Those pre-sales would be nice if you're not in a hurry to invest. Pretty nice for a discount sometimes, but those discount could turn the tables if you don't even know the legitimacy of the ICO, not like being too much of negativity but it is just too much to discount a lot in pre-sale. It might turn the investors into buying a lot of coins that time thinking that the sale was worth the coin but turns out it was just a chipped stone and not a coin in the end.
Investing after ICO could trigger a habitual FOMO since you could have missed out the bonuses as what you had stated, triggering you to buy every pre-sales.
Pre-sales would take a lot days anyway, and you could take that day to investigate the project then decide there if you want to raise your gambled fiats into that project. I had seen that some pre-sales lasted for quite a week or even a month depending on their roadmap, and the discounts were "quite" worth it.

I agree, some of the bonuses I've mad money on during the bear market. I seen people just throwing their coins away (usually bounty dumpers), then the price will raise 5x from what they sold it at back to the ICO price lol. Such a waste of $$$ when ppl do that, but to each their own! Someone did that today on the Nauticus exchange. Dude sold his NTS for 1/10th the ICO price. Dropped the coin down, then an hour later and the coin went up 600% from his dumping price hahaha.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
many of the ICO is not good even began to be used as investment advice. that's why many have started not interested anymore in ICO running because a lot of that falls when it is reaching the market. Indeed many have put up their nets after ICO and expect a low price from the seller that the panic for the price is getting crashed.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I see a lot of people wondering if they should invest in ICO's. I think the best option for any potential investor is to wait until the ICO ends, THEN invest. For instance, Nauticus was an ICO that started back in March. They recently launched their exchange and have been doing pretty good. Prices are only down 30% from the ICO price. That is a GOOD sign, BUT the prices still fell! This was a high quality project that raised $19,000,000. If they're falling a little bit due to the bear market, then you can expect 99% of the other ICO's currently out there to fall as well. It's all going to be dependent on the market, but in terms of risk I think it's better off if you just wait, THEN invest after the product launches. At the end of the day DYOR! It's imperative that you guys understand that we are in a bear market. Even the best projects like Nauticus, Ethereum, Bitcoin, NEO ect are all falling. I would assume that they won't fall forever tho Tongue

Nauticus Exchange - https://nauticus.exchange/exchange/
I also prefer to make an investment after the coins available in the market, since usually we could get a cheaper price when it first get to the market.
And i believe it will be safer to purchase a coins form the market instead of purchasing during an ICO.
Activity: 31
I see a lot of people wondering if they should invest in ICO's. I think the best option for any potential investor is to wait until the ICO ends, THEN invest. For instance, Nauticus was an ICO that started back in March. They recently launched their exchange and have been doing pretty good. Prices are only down 30% from the ICO price. That is a GOOD sign, BUT the prices still fell! This was a high quality project that raised $19,000,000. If they're falling a little bit due to the bear market, then you can expect 99% of the other ICO's currently out there to fall as well. It's all going to be dependent on the market, but in terms of risk I think it's better off if you just wait, THEN invest after the product launches. At the end of the day DYOR! It's imperative that you guys understand that we are in a bear market. Even the best projects like Nauticus, Ethereum, Bitcoin, NEO ect are all falling. I would assume that they won't fall forever tho Tongue

I've been picking up a few of my favorite projects + some BTC through all of the dips
Well its always better if you invest before ICO since the price is very cheap and has a discount compared to after ICO. Although it is risky especially if the project turns out scam and doesn’t have ico.

I agree to an extent. That's why I've been investing in Nauticus. The project released, then the price fell a bit, so I'm just scalping what I can haha. That seems to be the best approach with all the bounty ppl dumping from all these projects.
Activity: 182
in one voice, I think that everyone will say what they need to buy after the coin and then when they fall several times in price
Activity: 168
I still am a supporter of the fact that you need to invest before because a good token will immediately yield a profit and you should not wait for anything
Activity: 196
I think that it is much more reasonable to invest it after the release of coins on the stock exchange, as everyone will certainly fall in price after the listing
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
Well its always better if you invest before ICO since the price is very cheap and has a discount compared to after ICO. Although it is risky especially if the project turns out scam and doesn’t have ico.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
It would be better if you were at a safe point. Wait for ICO coins to enter Exchangers. After that you will be at a safe point and you can avoid the risk of scam from an ICO.
Activity: 632
Merit: 60
You're right. It is better to invest directly after the tokens have entered the exchanges. So there are fewer risks. In addition, often the price of a token in such a situation will also be much cheaper than on ICO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
For about six months, participation in the ICO does not make any sense. 95% of new projects after listing exchanges lose in price. Even if you want to invest in a long-term loan, you can easily do this by buying an asset on the exchange at a price lower than ICO. Until the market enters the growth cycle, it’s not worth talking about ICO in terms of investment.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

This is really the bad scenario right now, even if the project is good and they have reached their target funds, still the project is not performing well in the market, this is not the only project that experiences that, we have a long list now, this is because of the bad market situation.
Pages:
Jump to: