Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 102. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
than sell your ioc and buy that overhyped ico over rated eth.

Huh

Can you not read or something?

I was agreeing with you. Clearly stating that, if IOC ever was to make some kind of deal with Microoft Azure, it would be very similar to what Ehtereum has done and allowed people on the Azure network use the blockchain.

Also, if you think Eth is a overhyped ICO, thats like saying "The internet will never catch on"  Tongue
Im the One who Knocks.
i/o longterm vision and goal is aDecentralized blockchain platform with its own ecosystem  while being able to communicate and connect with other chains and creating  sidechains. at the moment the only benefit i see by MS offering io services is speculative hypeand i believe io digital will be better served offering services to MS in the end equation.

Exactly.  Just like the link i posted, the same as what Ethereum is doing. 
 I/OCoin (when ready) can make its Blockchain available to Companies to utilise.

This is a million miles away from what other alts are doing and these other alts are doing it the wrong way, only Ethereum so far has the right idea. (and hopefully not too far away, I/OCoin.)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
if electricity is a factor id suggest a raspberry pi setup 5w of electricity. Android wallet a lite wallet so correct me if im wrong currently staking is not going to be available with an android wallet

Is there any tutorial how i can run the wallet on a raspberry pi?

This post is still relevant. Let me know if you have issues.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13651504

PS: Ill be getting a Pi3 soon and cant wait for the 64bit processor.  Grin

I got the Pi3 with Jessie, but the QT wallet doesn't run on it. Can you make it running, please? Would be great!

the guide referenced above is fantastic....just follow steps carefully and take you time.  The while process even with using bootstrap can take quite a while....mostly syncing blockchain

also....depending on whether you use...mouse keyboard wifi dongle and fan (I got myself a pimped out case)....attached to pi...expect your actual electrical usage to be between 2.1 and 3 watts.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
if electricity is a factor id suggest a raspberry pi setup 5w of electricity. Android wallet a lite wallet so correct me if im wrong currently staking is not going to be available with an android wallet

I got the Pi3 with Jessie, but the QT wallet doesn't run on it. Can you make it running, please? Would be great!
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Hi Richard,

I like your approach, shows the project has great integrity, as well as yourselves. I'm sure you will be a success regardless of who you work with.

Keep up the great work!!

Many Thanks.

Smiley
Im the One who Knocks.
Hey Devs,

I've been following your project ever since it came to my attention that you had been nominated for the Fintech awards and have invested into I/O Digital.

It's great to see you guys pushing the boundaries like this, am looking forward to checking out the new mobile wallet!

With all thats going on at IOC, is MS azure on your radar at all? This project looks like it is something that will have massive appeal.

Thanks!

Best of luck! Smiley

Hey,

Thanks for stopping by. MS Azure is on our investigation list. Currently looking at it and i am in personal contact with Marley Gray (director Bizdev Blockchain microsoft) and he gave us much info. So we are investigating what it could do to help us. If it is just for the hype, we don't do it. We want them to offer our chain / project features and functionalities as well. A two-way partnership. We don't just want to send our code to their servers just because MS can then have a monopoly in some sort of way. So we are looking into it if it can help us and our users.

Regards
Richard

It could be possible to offer the IOC Blockchain as a service on Azure. Similar to what Ethereum is doing.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-now-on-azure/

Reading the above link there, IOC would probably need  to develop something similar

"The initial offering contains two tools that allow for rapid development of SmartContract based applications: Ether.Camp - An integrated developer environment, and BlockApps - a private, semi-private Ethereum blockchain environment, can deploy into the public Ethereum environment."

So it would be case of I/OCoin offering a service, rather than "selling its soul" like other alts have done.

I/OCoin is certainly not going to give away its tech to anyone Smiley

But considering "The Enterprise Partner Group at Microsoft is on the front lines with some of our largest customers.  "  Then this would be positive and most likely highly beneficial to IOC, should they offer their services.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Hey Devs,

I've been following your project ever since it came to my attention that you had been nominated for the Fintech awards and have invested into I/O Digital.

It's great to see you guys pushing the boundaries like this, am looking forward to checking out the new mobile wallet!

With all thats going on at IOC, is MS azure on your radar at all? This project looks like it is something that will have massive appeal.

Thanks!

Best of luck! Smiley

Hey,

Thanks for stopping by. MS Azure is on our investigation list. Currently looking at it and i am in personal contact with Marley Gray (director Bizdev Blockchain microsoft) and he gave us much info. So we are investigating what it could do to help us. If it is just for the hype, we don't do it. We want them to offer our chain / project features and functionalities as well. A two-way partnership. We don't just want to send our code to their servers just because MS can then have a monopoly in some sort of way. So we are looking into it if it can help us and our users.

Regards
Richard
Activity: 324
Hey Devs,

Thanks!

Best of luck! Smiley
Activity: 476
CurioInvest [IEO Live]

I fund the Raspberry Pi set up quite challenging. When you get a Pi, there are many steps you have to take, before you can finally download the IOC wallet.  The main problem i was having was connecting it to the internet via my laptop.

If you have a stand alone screen  (normal pc screen with hdmi) and keyboard set up will be easier.  There are many tutorials telling you how to set up your pi.  But if you are a novice, expect it to take a week or so.

Ah just found this:  Please see post #2574 for a guide i wrote about setting up new IOC wallets.

Also member JC12345  wrote a guide here on how to set up a Pi for staking.

There are a few pages, but start from here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.2620

all the best.

PS: You will need at least 16gb memory card (32 recommended) and a Raspberry pi2 or newer (better)

Thank you.
Im the One who Knocks.

I fund the Raspberry Pi set up quite challenging. When you get a Pi, there are many steps you have to take, before you can finally download the IOC wallet.  The main problem i was having was connecting it to the internet via my laptop.

If you have a stand alone screen  (normal pc screen with hdmi) and keyboard set up will be easier.  There are many tutorials telling you how to set up your pi.  But if you are a novice, expect it to take a week or so.

Ah just found this:  Please see post #2574 for a guide i wrote about setting up new IOC wallets.

Also member JC12345  wrote a guide here on how to set up a Pi for staking.

There are a few pages, but start from here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.2620

all the best.

PS: You will need at least 16gb memory card (32 recommended) and a Raspberry pi2 or newer (better)
Activity: 476
CurioInvest [IEO Live]

Activity: 413

for me the main problem come from internet conection, and electric fee too.
i can't run my computer 24/7, im not have unlimited bandwith.

Activity: 413
i believe the android wallet stop being supported few updates back. The devs are working on releasing dions and new html5 wallet and i remember reading there will be a new android later .

The new Android wallet is 98% ready. Only to be released with DIONS coming out because it needs to communicate with the new API.
This wallet is redesigned / redone for better interfacing and security.

The old one is currently offline for maintenance due to the DIONS release coming.

Regards
Richard

nice update richard Smiley
i will waiting the new android wallet 100% ready and avaible on googleplay
so i can stake with android wallet..?
Activity: 672
hello i'm newbie and new here..
how much total coin untill now? how to staking on android divice?

thank you so much Smiley

Hello and welcome to IOcoin, the total number of coins is circa 16.2 million
Currently you can't use the IOcoin android wallet as it is being upgraded to include DIONS as Richard had already mentioned in an earlier post. You can either download the QT or the HTML5 wallets and stake your coins that way.

thank you buddy Smiley
Activity: 378
Hey guys very quickly, we keep pushing to get to beta,we continued on testing with our private github mithril branch things continue to look good. We had Some minor issues with the daemon not being spawned by our latest beta version correctly. Still is just minor issue to correct so we will fix today and carry on with that. In summary so far things working much better  and we are pushing to the final post this week, then ophie (Front end HTML5 Dev) and Pat will be taking over and looking at our changes. They will be making some other front end clean up while we finish other smaller remaining changes for the beta Dions wallet.

We are going to try and push some .jpegs  for you guys to look at some code transfers of our work by the end of this week along with a more formal update as we go into DIONS Beta soon.

Please go to slack and sign up for our beta if you have some experience in this department.

Joel

Thnx for the update. Great work.
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Hey guys very quickly, we keep pushing to get to beta,we continued on testing with our private github mithril branch things continue to look good. We had Some minor issues with the daemon not being spawned by our latest beta version correctly. Still is just minor issue to correct so we will fix today and carry on with that. In summary so far things working much better  and we are pushing to the final post this week, then ophie (Front end HTML5 Dev) and Pat will be taking over and looking at our changes. They will be making some other front end clean up while we finish other smaller remaining changes for the beta Dions wallet.

We are going to try and push some .jpegs  for you guys to look at some code transfers of our work by the end of this week along with a more formal update as we go into DIONS Beta soon.

Please go to slack and sign up for our beta if you have some experience in this department.

Joel
Activity: 365
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

thank you so much Smiley

Hello and welcome to IOcoin, the total number of coins is circa 16.2 million
Currently you can't use the IOcoin android wallet as it is being upgraded to include DIONS as Richard had already mentioned in an earlier post. You can either download the QT or the HTML5 wallets and stake your coins that way.

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Thank you for your great work and congrats all successes till now and wish all the best in future!

thanks!

Hi Richard, can you post a link to the top 100 companies, i would really like to see what they place ahead of IOC.  
Found it, this is the link to the top 100 > http://www.fintech.nl/index.html

So in I/ODigitals category,
Bitnation (very good idea as i said previously)  2nd in voting
Coinify 3rd in voting
Husfy 4th in voting
Quantoz 12th in voting

and a few others. The main point being, all the companies in the top 100, have tried, tested and working developments.
If IOC had DIONS working it would have been a different story, no company can make it into the top 100 without a tried and tested product.
made it...  Even Augur did not make the top 100!  So really tough competition, i am sure next year IOC will be there and taking home an award!!

I am sure the Benzinga Awards will have IOC at the Finals Table.

Keep up the fantastic work the team is doing, next year you will all take a prize!
congratulations team....
I do find it hard to believe IO digital did not finish in the top three in its category.
bitnation....nice idea but I would think eons away from being something that gains wide spread adoption...like Bernie sanders
coinify...really..just what we needed... another exchange. Did it really even belong in the blockchain category.
not sure about quantoz.....but I do think IO digital got the hose

anyway....back to picking up IO on the cheap and keep them staking
Activity: 672

thank you so much Smiley
Jump to: