Author

Topic: IOTA - page 185. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2017, 07:36:21 AM
I see trade volume of BTC is dropping last 3 days (despite price getting higher but pump always running like that) so i feel there will be huge price fall, maybe at $8000. And so the iota will raise.
Will see.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 06, 2017, 04:07:57 AM
Great Chart Gallery of IOTA on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/iota/chart_gallery

Looks like you posted Monero charts
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 06, 2017, 01:55:46 AM
Either you buy from someone here on the board ( I sell a small amount, let me know via pm if you are interested ) or buy on Bitfinex.com that is currently the best exchange to buy IOTA imho.

Hi
A newbie here. How and where can I buy MIOTAs?

Thx in advance

Are you selling at market pricing?
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
November 05, 2017, 04:32:39 PM
Hi There,
I send a small amount from my Laptop to the PC wallet.
The transaction is pending.
https://thetangle.org/address/EXZZOJJPLCPOQBTRQYJWTJXTTGFATHGCPTZQUMCRSBJPJEXONGUQOTOGIIIUXFZZRWUS9YKVQDQBRDYSX
What can be the reason not confirmed yet?

Thx for feedback!
I like IOTA.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 05, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
Deutsche Telekom (T-mobile) is having a Blockchain Hackathon (+ IOTA Presentation).

https://www.brand-design.telekom.com/hackathon/

The first Telekom Blockchain Hackathon brings you together with business representatives from our company and our partners. Take the opportunity to share your vision and shape the future of Blockchain. Create new ideas, prototype them, win up to 3.000€ and get the chance to realize them on a global market scale.

The current move is to bring Blockchain to professional applications and services, to be able to develop the technologies for a broader society and expose its possibilities. We asked our partners, some of the leading companies in these fields, to cooperate with us. And together with YOU we want to discover what is possible with Blockchain technology.

Therefore we invite you to join the Future Blockchain Hackathon at Deutsche Telekom to imagine, discover and develop new ideas and prototypes with us. A lot of different skills are required in each and every team - so everyone is invited - students as well as professionals.

OPENING-DAY

01. DEC

Blockchain Strategy at Deutsche Telekom

Speeches by:

John Calian

Vice President, The Blockchain Group

Co-lead, Head of T-Labs

Dr. Alex Jinsung Choi

Member of Management Board

Technology & Innovation

Co-leader @T-Labs

Dominik Schiener

Co-Founder of IOTA
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
November 05, 2017, 10:08:54 AM
I see trade volume of BTC is dropping last 3 days (despite price getting higher but pump always running like that) so i feel there will be huge price fall, maybe at $8000. And so the iota will raise.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2017, 07:06:56 AM
Hi

Thx in advance

Bitfinex
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
November 05, 2017, 06:56:10 AM
Either you buy from someone here on the board ( I sell a small amount, let me know via pm if you are interested ) or buy on Bitfinex.com that is currently the best exchange to buy IOTA imho.

Hi

Thx in advance
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
November 05, 2017, 12:57:34 AM
IOTA has much potential, but I don't see the outer value of this coin.

Imho it would be more valued when it is not that volatile
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
November 05, 2017, 12:40:39 AM
Hi

Thx in advance

BINANCE!
Still there are other markets to buy IOTA except on binance, we still can buy IOTA on bitfinex,
bit520 specialized for Chinese costumers because just there is one fair IOTA/CNY or
we can use the official market of IOTA it is the website: www.ydx.io YDX is a semi-automated escrow service
that enables the trading of supported cryptocurrencies. No fees and maximal deposit.
Activity: 43
November 04, 2017, 11:40:39 PM
Hi

Thx in advance

BINANCE!
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
November 04, 2017, 10:25:31 PM
I'm really surprised this coin is where it is. I thought IOTA would be top 3 by now. I haven't kept up to date since I pulled out of this coin. However I still think 2018 will be a big year for IOTA.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 04, 2017, 08:50:26 PM
just be patient guys. when the bitcoin bubble is exploded and we have a working wallet where everyone is seeing his coins iota will skyrocket above 1$again
1 dollar is NOTHING. to get a new ATH you need about > 1,8 dollar at current bitcoin price. always compare altoins with bitcoin and always use bitcoin price instead of fiat dollar.
until 1,8 dollar this coins is BEAR. i think we can reach it during Q1 2018
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
November 04, 2017, 03:50:57 PM
Does IOTA have a dark horse competitor from it’s own backyard in Germany? led by the most hated team in Crypto (remember the DAO?), Slock.it is alive and back. They presented at Devcon3 today: https://youtu.be/iRtG_6pYqGE
I can't believe Stephan Tual is back.
Activity: 29
November 04, 2017, 02:41:42 PM
Hi

Thx in advance
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 04, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
Description and visualization how consensus works in IOTA (slides)

https://github.com/noneymous/iota-consensus-presentation

IOTA transactions with TREZOR hardware (( interesting ))

https://www.bartslinger.com/iota/iota-transactions-with-trezor-hardware/

Introducing Masked Authenticated Messaging

https://blog.iota.org/introducing-masked-authenticated-messaging-e55c1822d50e
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 04, 2017, 12:29:43 PM
To be honest, these are not reasons I really accept. There are a lot of coins with fresh new code (Ethereum for instance) which has a much bigger adoption. Also the understanding of the technology is not a valid point in my view whereas the difficult to handle wallet is a fair point. It is really not that easy to set up and send transactions at the moment. I think it is because the network is not that stable as expected. Nevertheless there are really good news about the coin (big supporters like Bosch and others)...so there should be much bigger interested to add this coin to Polo or Bittrex for example. This is what I do not really get.

It's a mystery to me. Why is IOTA not listed on more exchange. The coin has existed for over six months now and it had been in the top 10 for most of the time. Exchanges should queue in a row to list IOTA.  Huh

Lack of easy access wallet and lack of developers taking the time to integrate the coin.

I would also add that the general public at large does not understand how to enter the space of crypto currency. Many still believe it's all an MLM & do not understand the technology behind it which prohibits them from seeing the upside. Which in turn puts absolutely no pressure on exchanges to hurry and adopt IOTA.

Lack of demand = lack of supply.

It is the same with every crypto that is developed from fresh new codebase. They have to learn a whole new api vs the simple plug and play of a copycoin. It took forever with Monero and NXT as well.
Activity: 19
November 04, 2017, 11:29:35 AM
Some calculations before my question.

If we have a total supply of 2,779,530,283 MIOTAs and a total supply of 21,000,000 Bitcoins, there are 132.35 Miotas per Bitcoin, let's call it pack.

The current price of a Miota is 0.37 dollars, so its relative price trying to match the same amount of Miotas and Bitcoins is: 132.35..*0.37 = 49 dollars for Miota pack and a total of 21,000,000 Miota packs.

According to the current status of this project, do you think 50$ is a good price, cheap or expensive?

Thanks.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
November 04, 2017, 10:42:26 AM
When will be the second step of the recovery process be released? I used the reclaim tool in new version 2.5.2 in order to provide old and new seed and it was successfully confirmed. As far as I understood there will be released a further step one week later to complete the process.
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
Jump to: