Author

Topic: IOTA - page 186. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
November 04, 2017, 08:46:44 AM
Ethereum contracts on the tangle

Experimenting with ETH smart contracts on top of IOTA
by iotatili

Here's a way to use ethereum smart contracts on top of iota network. You need evm-tools, basic usage is explained in guide.md, and iota.lib.js. I'll use a slightly modified version of the minimum viable token:...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7ajwg0/experimenting_with_eth_smart_contracts_on_top_of/
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
November 03, 2017, 09:57:26 PM
It's a mystery to me. Why is IOTA not listed on more exchange. The coin has existed for over six months now and it had been in the top 10 for most of the time. Exchanges should queue in a row to list IOTA.  Huh

Lack of easy access wallet and lack of developers taking the time to integrate the coin.

I would also add that the general public at large does not understand how to enter the space of crypto currency. Many still believe it's all an MLM & do not understand the technology behind it which prohibits them from seeing the upside. Which in turn puts absolutely no pressure on exchanges to hurry and adopt IOTA.

Lack of demand = lack of supply.

It is the same with every crypto that is developed from fresh new codebase. They have to learn a whole new api vs the simple plug and play of a copycoin. It took forever with Monero and NXT as well.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 06:18:49 PM
It's a mystery to me. Why is IOTA not listed on more exchange. The coin has existed for over six months now and it had been in the top 10 for most of the time. Exchanges should queue in a row to list IOTA.  Huh

Lack of easy access wallet and lack of developers taking the time to integrate the coin.

I would also add that the general public at large does not understand how to enter the space of crypto currency. Many still believe it's all an MLM & do not understand the technology behind it which prohibits them from seeing the upside. Which in turn puts absolutely no pressure on exchanges to hurry and adopt IOTA.

Lack of demand = lack of supply.

November 03, 2017, 06:12:13 PM
Thanks for the advice.
I am also in on vertcoin and walton.
Any comments on them or other recommendations?
Looking to hold 5 coins long term.
Perhaps lisk...

I don't like moving the discussion away from thread topic - but I would hold Bitcoin Cash, Vertcoin, Waves, XRP, IOTA, and MAYBE EDO - but that's a long shot.

Look for anything that brings value. Vertcoin for now is riding the ASIC resistant trend for miners - so that group of enthusiasts will be going there. For now. Do not underestimate the power of Chinese manufacturers.

Waves --> Wallet

XRP --> Looking to replace SWIFT (which is old and gives it an opportunity to do so)

IOTA --> Don't need to beat a dead horse here - we all know why it's a god coin

EDO --> Their idea of decentralized exchanges is interesting but this is still a stretch

Bitcoin Cash --> People who made good money from Bitcoin are already moving to pump this coin. Evidenced by how much volume is flowing into this from Southeast Asia - also there is a good chunk of Chinese citizens beginning to use BCH as opposed to BTC because of the transfer fee in receiving/sending money.

EDIT: I would actually add Storj to that as well. They receive moneys from Google. Also bring a viable product to the public (Blockchain Cloud storage) and a competitive price point (Cheaper than Azure, Amazon, Microsoft and Google cloud services) and even out against Apple.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 03, 2017, 05:57:17 PM
Activity: 54
November 03, 2017, 05:56:32 PM
Thanks for the advice.
I am also in on vertcoin and walton.
Any comments on them or other recommendations?
Looking to hold 5 coins long term.
Perhaps lisk...
November 03, 2017, 05:41:57 PM
Short term this looks scarry.
I hope to get in bellow $0.30.

No it doesn't.

Even short term it looks good. Why?

Because many people who have large quantities of IOTA have stated they are holding and not selling. What does this mean? The price can with a 90% certainty not fall below $0.25

Buying points are at $0.30 / $0.35 and higher risk $0.40

If you get in at $0.30 you're golden for 2-3 days.

If you get in at $0.35 you might have to wait a week.

If you get in at $0.40, good chance you wait half a month.

Short tail and long tail are both options with this coin. Granted you have to be gambling with about $1k to put a dent in - but even $500 is enough if you are serious about this coin.

Can't tell you how many times I've gotten burned thinking this coin is going to drop and sell early and try to get back in but it doesn't come to fruition.

Patience is a virtue - be that virtue.

ALSO - would like to note, now is the time to buy a few.

BCH is declining which means people are moving money. You are seeing rising patterns in OMG, ETH, XMR, XRP, ETP and fuck even ETH Classic is up. IOTA lowest was at $0.32 the other night and it's at $0.37.

Buy and hold - the more you hold, the better it is for everyone as it pushes out the whales.
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
November 03, 2017, 03:52:31 PM
but i feel comfortable with IOTA, they deliver before they promise!!
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
November 03, 2017, 03:44:50 PM
The old game: Great news, bad price  Embarrassed

no exchange no high price, so easy...

Exactly! I have a lot of confidence in this coin, but why isn't it listed on at least 2-3 more exchanges? Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex... Why none of them, just Bitfinex?! This is absurd!

its about the Code, even Binance said: it was a tricky Coin but they did it!! the Devs dont care about Exchanges, the Exchange have to do it themself. But i think/hope there will be soon an update to make it userfriendly to listing on Exchanges...
Activity: 46
November 03, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Iota is one of my favorite project. Unfortunately, it is hard for most people to understand and the wallets tend to be fairly complicated for people in general. I would love to see more information that would easy for more non-tech people to get involved and understand it as developement continues.
Activity: 54
November 03, 2017, 03:25:03 PM
Short term this looks scarry.
I hope to get in bellow $0.30.
Activity: 43
November 03, 2017, 03:21:54 PM
The old game: Great news, bad price  Embarrassed

Exactly! I have a lot of confidence in this coin, but why isn't it listed on at least 2-3 more exchanges? Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex... Why none of them, just Bitfinex?! This is absurd!

its on BINANCE too

and it will be in cobinhood soon
Activity: 77
November 03, 2017, 11:13:16 AM
After BTC fork all will be clear.
Didn't the most say that also before the last fork??
Activity: 118
Merit: 20
ART via BTS & ETH www.magicmouseart.com
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2017, 10:59:48 AM
After BTC fork all will be clear.
Activity: 51
November 03, 2017, 10:48:36 AM
Its not only about BOSCH , check here the full list of IOTA partnerships
https://steemit.com/iota/@nateq/every-partner-and-affiliation-that-iota-has-the-tangle
Activity: 9
November 03, 2017, 10:43:26 AM
Hi,
does anybody have an email contact of IOTA (preferably in Berlin)? Cannot find anything in internet...
Thx
Activity: 51
November 03, 2017, 10:41:50 AM
just be patient guys. when the bitcoin bubble is exploded and we have a working wallet where everyone is seeing his coins iota will skyrocket above 1$again
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
November 03, 2017, 10:17:52 AM

its on BINANCE too
Activity: 19
November 03, 2017, 09:46:36 AM

Jump to: