Author

Topic: IOTA - page 215. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2640
September 16, 2017, 06:11:43 AM

Litecoin and IOTA seems to be safe havens in these turbulent times. hodling both
LTC has fallen from 71 to 33 USD: has lost much more than btc! Then of course he also retrieved him like every crypto....
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
September 16, 2017, 05:31:42 AM
The amount of fud from BTC hardliners has been out of this world lately. They must feel really threatened otherwise I cannot explain this strange behavior. There are so many scams out there that nobody talks about and in all of this these people decided to pick on iota. Shameful.

True story

Is there a IOTA wallet? Where can i best store my IOTA? Will there be a integration of Ledger Nano S?

https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/tag/v2.4.0

Here you can see the presentation from Dom in Shanghai  Cool
https://www.dropbox.com/s/syjycdddcth1txj/Wanxiang%20Shanghai%20Presentation%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

Activity: 595
Merit: 506
September 15, 2017, 04:55:54 PM
Good to see IOTA is holding it's price reasonably well with all the news. If it drops enough I'll pick some more up. I saw the blog about the new wallet, what's the ETA?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
September 15, 2017, 07:37:33 AM
lol i hope iota hit 0.02 Dollar Cheesy i will buy more Iota coins  Cool
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 14, 2017, 11:16:47 AM
The amount of fud from BTC hardliners has been out of this world lately. They must feel really threatened otherwise I cannot explain this strange behavior. There are so many scams out there that nobody talks about and in all of this these people decided to pick on iota. Shameful.

True story
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
September 14, 2017, 11:12:50 AM
What should be the new entry point, now that we have reached .47 dollars. China messing things up.
Activity: 49
September 14, 2017, 04:33:00 AM
This is that up the 1600 times the coins it? I heard a lot of friends are so on a beautiful life, change the exchange for all ... ...
Activity: 41
September 14, 2017, 04:29:47 AM
In Iota we trust. Let's the Iota raise again.
Activity: 35
September 13, 2017, 11:59:47 PM
iota will have a good promising in the future
Activity: 42
September 13, 2017, 11:53:35 PM
I would like to buy IOTA. I registered for an account at www.bitfinex.com but it won't let me deposit funds in USD and no other currencies seem to be available.

How can I purchase IOTA if I can't deposit funds?
Really?
Where are you from?

do you know how to read? .... when you click fund usd ... it says its been disabled.

may be you need to buy BTC, and then buy IOTA
Activity: 60
September 13, 2017, 04:53:03 PM
I love the fud. One of the best fud was: One of the dev would sell heroin

how can that be fud? it's well known, that many geniuses had a trip on their greatest discoveries...

Yeah, but selling and consuming are two different things.
And consuming marijuana and heroin too. The first fud about a drug consummation of a dev-member was about marijuana.
After that, heroin and then he would selling heroin.

I have nothing against drug consuming. But that was absurd.

IOTA... UPBSD... what a tease.
My guess, U=Uber, P=Porsch, B=Bosch, S=?, D was mispronounced..it's actually a T for Tesla. Someone suggested on Slack it's Daimler.
Anyway, just a stupid post. But with all the FUD going around it's time to put things into perspective and remember that The Way To Heaven Is Through Hell

S = Siemens, D or T = Daimler, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Post, DHL or/ and Telekom
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
September 13, 2017, 04:20:54 PM

how can that be fud? it's well known, that many geniuses had a trip on their greatest discoveries...
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
September 13, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
IOTA... UPBSD... what a tease.
My guess, U=Uber, P=Porsch, B=Bosch, S=?, D was mispronounced..it's actually a T for Tesla. Someone suggested on Slack it's Daimler.
Anyway, just a stupid post. But with all the FUD going around it's time to put things into perspective and remember that The Way To Heaven Is Through Hell
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Activity: 60
September 13, 2017, 12:35:17 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Looking for shmexy coins!
September 13, 2017, 12:16:21 PM
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
September 13, 2017, 05:12:49 AM
I would like to buy IOTA. I registered for an account at www.bitfinex.com but it won't let me deposit funds in USD and no other currencies seem to be available.

Really?
Where are you from?

do you know how to read? .... when you click fund usd ... it says its been disabled.

if you're in US you can't trade on bitfinex I guess.
Activity: 175
Merit: 104
September 12, 2017, 07:11:50 PM

Really?
Where are you from?

Activity: 159
Merit: 11
September 12, 2017, 06:11:21 PM

Really?
Where are you from?
Activity: 37
September 12, 2017, 06:06:09 PM
This has been most probably discussed before. Please point me out to any official statements on the topic, I couldn't find a coherent explanation in my limited time digging around.

If I understand correctly, Iota defends against sybil attacks through having the clients attach PoW to transactions. Yet the PoW is by its nature computationally expensive, thus energy-draining and time-consuming. It looks to be a less-than-ideal fit for embedded devices, where the energy availability/consumption and the computational power are scarce, sometimes critical resources.

Moreover, I assume that a GPU or an ASIC (comparable in scale with the current top-level bitcoin mining chips) would exceed the total PoW capability of tens of thousands of embedded devices (or maybe more). So thinking about this disparity in resource availability (PoW capability) between different classes of devices, isn't it paving the road towards cost-effective sybil attacks?

How does Iota address these challenges?
Jump to: