Author

Topic: IOTA - page 216. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 12, 2017, 04:29:21 PM
I would like to buy IOTA. I registered for an account at www.bitfinex.com but it won't let me deposit funds in USD and no other currencies seem to be available.

How can I purchase IOTA if I can't deposit funds?

You can go to an exchange where you can trade your USD to BTC (or ETH). Afterwards you send your BTC(/ETH) to Bitfinex. If you care about transaction costs you can buy LTC, send it to Bitfinex, trade it to BTC/ETH, and then buy your IOTA.

Bitfinex only handles crypto as far as I know. You can use coinbase or something if you have fiat, buy litecoin and send it over to bitfinex. They are banning US customers though so a VPN might be needed
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
September 12, 2017, 03:55:32 PM
I would like to buy IOTA. I registered for an account at www.bitfinex.com but it won't let me deposit funds in USD and no other currencies seem to be available.

You can go to an exchange where you can trade your USD to BTC (or ETH). Afterwards you send your BTC(/ETH) to Bitfinex. If you care about transaction costs you can buy LTC, send it to Bitfinex, trade it to BTC/ETH, and then buy your IOTA.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
September 12, 2017, 03:00:25 PM
Maybe someone knows when IOTA will be added in new exchanges.
Seems it's necessary to get in other exchanges.
Nobody knows. The developers ignore this question.

As they should. Totally out side of the scope of we should hope they are worrying about.
Activity: 33
September 12, 2017, 02:30:49 PM
Do you know where I can buy some iota coins ? I've tried Bittrex and Cryptopia, but iota is not there  Sad

You can buy on www.bitfinex.com

Thanks ! I'll check it.
Activity: 153
September 12, 2017, 02:05:40 PM
Do you know where I can buy some iota coins ? I've tried Bittrex and Cryptopia, but iota is not there  Sad

You can buy on www.bitfinex.com
Activity: 33
September 12, 2017, 02:02:31 PM
Activity: 60
September 12, 2017, 01:30:03 PM
Nobody knows. The developers ignore this question.
Activity: 274
Merit: 251
September 12, 2017, 04:29:20 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 11, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
this is how a daily candle should start every day Wink
September 11, 2017, 07:36:04 PM
Iota withstood an attack today and came out with flying colors. Look at that order book baby. LMAO at anyone who sold hahahahah losers!

Get ready for some HUGE announcements in the coming few days!
true. We got rid of the weak folks. I think we will be at 1 dollar faster than people might think.
Activity: 245
Merit: 101
September 11, 2017, 07:21:38 PM
Iota withstood an attack today and came out with flying colors. Look at that order book baby. LMAO at anyone who sold hahahahah losers!

Get ready for some HUGE announcements in the coming few days!
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
September 11, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
Iota my baby I LOVE YOU. Big future <3
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
September 11, 2017, 06:13:36 PM
Could be. I understand the original spammer app targeted two nodes that provide http access over the web. They apparently shut down access for the spammer app due to overload. The app now targets random nodes and should work on certain nodes (it was a bit of hit and miss before I got it working).

Remember, this could also be done by a hacker-spammer so IOTA should be able to withstand this. Excellent test data is being generated.

Activity: 174
September 11, 2017, 05:59:56 PM
Is anyone running the web app network spammer to help transactions on the IOTa network?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6zcrj3/want_to_help_the_iota_network_i_made_a_simple/

Edit: I guess there aren't much IOTA fans left here.

If you want to help the IOTA network, there is a tool now to help confirm more transactions. It can be run in a browser by downloading a zip and running it on your PC (in a browser).

It may take the interest of the IOTA crowd from the vulnerability discussion for a moment.

See for more details: https://steemit.com/iota/@wekkel/iota-transaction-spammer-help-the-network
So does this spammer you are talking about have anything to do with Bitfenex's freezing of Iota?
https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/
"IOTA deposits and withdrawals temporarily paused at the recommendation of the IOTA core developers while they investigate a possible network spam attack."
September 11, 2017, 05:37:32 PM
I've sold everything I own and will never buy a coin with such basic flaws. You can tell I'm doing FUD, I do not care.
who cares? there are 9  million MIOTAs in the buy order book at around 50cent. You can feed (smart money guys) them more if you want and make their plans come true. Price will not change
This is a classic FUD strat to get cheap coins. When they are finished with accumulating you can expect the next rocket to ATH
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
September 11, 2017, 02:24:50 PM
Is anyone running the web app network spammer to help transactions on the IOTa network?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6zcrj3/want_to_help_the_iota_network_i_made_a_simple/

Edit: I guess there aren't much IOTA fans left here.

If you want to help the IOTA network, there is a tool now to help confirm more transactions. It can be run in a browser by downloading a zip and running it on your PC (in a browser).

It may take the interest of the IOTA crowd from the vulnerability discussion for a moment.

See for more details: https://steemit.com/iota/@wekkel/iota-transaction-spammer-help-the-network
Activity: 60
September 11, 2017, 02:17:09 PM
I've sold everything I own and will never buy a coin with such basic flaws. You can tell I'm doing FUD, I do not care.

I hope you bought Monero instead  Smiley
Man please, everybody know that you hate Iota.

I hope you bought Monero instead  Smiley

Why Monero?

Because he is a Lisk and Monero fanboy.
Activity: 228
September 11, 2017, 02:05:58 PM
I hope you bought Monero instead  Smiley

Why Monero?
Activity: 279
September 11, 2017, 12:00:01 PM
I've been gone for a while. So I see ETH shills are fudding all over the place. Really? I think I just seen a monerotard too.
Jump to: