Author

Topic: IOTA - page 223. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
September 04, 2017, 08:22:24 AM
Market cap cut in half, blood in the streets.  Cry
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 08:20:54 AM
The IOTO charts were looking preety before this Chinese News came in. Still hopeful about IOTA. NEO has been put under the hammer. I hope that some money will now flow into IOTA and QTUM from NEO holders.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
September 04, 2017, 08:17:31 AM
What a megadump
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 08:16:15 AM
rip
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 03, 2017, 06:56:03 AM
How is it possible to do transactions from one tangle to another? Does it crete links between the tangles or are the transactions from one wallet going to different not connected tangles depending on the transaction? (therefore new adresses with each new transaction?)
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 03, 2017, 05:58:24 AM
I stumbled upon an article about an IOTA clone, ADK. Buyer beware.

https://steemit.com/iota/@rajivshah/adk-exposed

ADK is an obvious scam. Took me 1 min to figure it out after reading their slack chat.

Just ping me when they go to real exchanges, I'll show how copy protection in IOTA works in practice. I've been waiting for this for more than a year.  Grin
Activity: 1
September 03, 2017, 05:45:36 AM
Amazing technology.  I have been buying some Iota from Bitfinex over the last few days.  I have installed the android version of the wallet and it seems to be working well.  Transactions are confirmed quickly and, of course, no transaction fees!  Wonderful.

I have a question about the reliability of the Android wallet.  Reading through previous posts I see that the windows light wallet is far more popular.  There do not seem to be many people using the Android wallet.  Should I be concerned about keeping a large quantity of Iota on my android wallet?

Thanks.
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
September 03, 2017, 04:50:27 AM
IOTA has increased in value for the past few months. I do hope I can still be able to invest on this. Though wish there are other exchanges for IOTA aside from BITFINEX. Most of my crypto buds mentioned negative things about the said website.
Activity: 616
September 03, 2017, 04:35:59 AM
IOTA was a great P&D
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
September 03, 2017, 02:23:05 AM

ADK is an obvious scam. Took me 1 min to figure it out after reading their slack chat.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
September 03, 2017, 02:15:13 AM

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
September 02, 2017, 05:37:01 PM
I know all alt are in the red Zone but IOTA pwned really hard xD anything badly happened? Hodle  Huh
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
September 02, 2017, 01:50:23 PM
After I clicked to "attach", adress was attached. Then (after I saw, "adress attached") I made an transfer from another wallet to my newly created adress (that I attached). But I did that transfer before the attachment (bundle) was confirmed. The transfer is already confirmed, but I cannot see it on the wallet.

Should I rebroadcast the unconfirmed (for 2 hours) bundle?

The addresses do not need to be confirmed. But coin transactions do need to be confirmed. When you do a coin transaction it will show up in the History of your both sending and receiving wallets even if it has not been confirmed yet. It  will show as pending when not confirmed. Can you see you coin transaction in the sending and receiving wallets? Make sure you log in with the correct passwords. If a coin transaction is pending for more than 30 minutes, you can do the reattach once every 30 minutes till getting confirmed. Don't do the rebroadcast which does not work for this situation.
Activity: 22
September 02, 2017, 01:06:44 PM
After I clicked to "attach", adress was attached. Then (after I saw, "adress attached") I made an transfer from another wallet to my newly created adress (that I attached). But I did that transfer before the attachment (bundle) was confirmed. The transfer is already confirmed, but I cannot see it on the wallet.

Should I rebroadcast the unconfirmed (for 2 hours) bundle?
Activity: 11
September 02, 2017, 12:51:33 PM
Will go lower..buy under .6
Activity: 784
September 02, 2017, 12:46:55 PM

i think iota is the best technology possible but can not go beyond the $ 1 threshold
just a matter of time. it is not only the best tech but also the fastest growing ecosystem

I just bought more of iota, great opportunity to buy very cheap Smiley
true
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
September 02, 2017, 12:02:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
September 02, 2017, 07:53:01 AM
anything new happening in iota, i got over 21000 miota
Well, depens on when the last time was you checked about IOTA. Have you done the latest wallet upgrade and transition?

I have all my IOTA's on Bitfinex at the moment but would love to get them into a wallet. What is the best way to do this at the moment?

Best way is to download the IOTA ledger client (https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases)
Generate a seed (depens on os but you can find tutorials all over the internet  ex(https://iotasupport.com/gui-newseed.shtml)

And transfer your IOTA from Bitfinex to your wallet address (not your seed !)

Addresses are by far longer than 81 characters. There is a checksum appended.
But this unrecoverable mistake can indeed happen!

Solution: add some prefix into the gui, like http urls. Make that gui to present (and accept) addresses like IOTA:abcedfghij999
Bitcoin did it right by using it's number 1 in front, and differentiating between wallet passwords and addresses.
Activity: 25
September 02, 2017, 07:09:46 AM
I just bought more of iota, great opportunity to buy very cheap Smiley
Activity: 16
Jump to: