Author

Topic: IOTA - page 254. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
August 07, 2017, 03:40:51 PM
There will be a snapshot tomorrow: https://blog.iota.org/upgrades-updates-d12145e381eb
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
August 07, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
you guys know why i can't see my orders history at bitfinex?

looks like after "x" time, they are erased or so?  i was trying to see the exact price i bought in, but i can't without the order history. it appears empty

I think they delete after x time. I cant see back to the exact beginning either.

I dont really like bitfi. Cant wait for this to be on Kraken.
Does anyone know when IOTA will be implemented on other big trading sites?
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
August 07, 2017, 03:16:36 PM
you guys know why i can't see my orders history at bitfinex?

looks like after "x" time, they are erased or so?  i was trying to see the exact price i bought in, but i can't without the order history. it appears empty
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
August 07, 2017, 02:08:26 PM
You can join it.
August 07, 2017, 12:39:45 PM
14 projects based on Ethereum and IOTA will present in the IOT/Ethereum/IOTA summer camp in Frankfurt during 28 August and 1 September - https://www.eventbrite.de/e/closing-event-and-prototype-presentation-iotethereumiota-summer-camp-tickets-36286464793

very interesting.
Can anyone join the event, or do you need to have connections?
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
August 07, 2017, 12:15:52 PM
14 projects based on Ethereum and IOTA will present in the IOT/Ethereum/IOTA summer camp in Frankfurt during 28 August and 1 September - https://www.eventbrite.de/e/closing-event-and-prototype-presentation-iotethereumiota-summer-camp-tickets-36286464793
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 10:02:29 AM
Ledger said they are looking to integrate IOTA into the hardware wallet,
but still is in an early stage, so i guess it might take several months before wesee IOTA integrated into "Nano S",

I only have a trezor, so will start asking slush to support IOTA!

Otherwise will have to pick up a Nano too.

I ordered a Trezor and have IOTA so i am also hoping they will support it soon.
August 07, 2017, 09:45:52 AM
but still is in an early stage, so i guess it might take several months before wesee IOTA integrated into "Nano S",

better push Ledger wallet to support it,  they have more posiblities to integrate it,

trezor looks just focused on bitcoin,

but just push both companies with your interest and they will notice the huge demand and then do it quicker so they can sell more units

if Ledger support IOTA, do you know if it will be possible to update the old NanoS to support IOTA or it will be necessary to buy a new one?

probably an update should be all it needs, it just takes time to implement a new chainless system like IOTA
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
August 07, 2017, 08:05:03 AM

better push Ledger wallet to support it,  they have more posiblities to integrate it,

but just push both companies with your interest and they will notice the huge demand and then do it quicker so they can sell more units

if Ledger support IOTA, do you know if it will be possible to update the old NanoS to support IOTA or it will be necessary to buy a new one?
August 07, 2017, 07:39:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
August 07, 2017, 06:08:37 AM

Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
August 07, 2017, 05:58:14 AM
Has there been any news yet?
Where is the best place to get IOTA news asap?

Announcement channel on Slack, or IOTA Medium
August 07, 2017, 05:46:02 AM
Has there been any news yet?
Where is the best place to get IOTA news asap?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 01:45:01 AM
will be any way in the future that you can reuse an address you have spend on?

lets say you get donations for dogs at addres "AKWAN99"
and after lotof donations, you must use the money to buy things for dogs, so you do a spend transaction, the address "AKWAN99"
with this action just filtered part of the private key, so they do not recommend to spend twice on it as you will make public more and more the private key on AKWAN99,

okey, so you must now change the address in the website so you get a fresh unused address,

but what if some people who dont know the change, saved the address and keep sending coins to AKWAN99?
you can't stop them, but they force you to spend again to move out the money, making the private key even more vulnerable,

and so on, and so on,

thats the single point of IOTA that might return a bit of problems, as in any alt-coin, paypal, bank account, anything... you can have a static payment address where you can spend and use, move, and so on,  and with IOTA it becomes more strange, you can't tell people to always "donate there"
maybe some one want to donate, lets say 100 kiota every month, they can't stick to an address and do always the same move like with any other system,

is there any way to solve this little issue? or by design is something impossible to change and will always be like that
There's no issue here. You can use one address to recieve transactions for as long as you want. For safety reasons you're recommended to generate a new address for outgoing transactions. But keep in mind that all generated addresses belong to your seed, so money being sent to any of them will come into you wallet. So, if you want to post your address in public, let's say, for donations, don't worry about it. One address for incoming IOTAs won't compromise your seed. Just use a new address each time you send your IOTAs out.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
August 06, 2017, 06:53:10 PM
The beginning of time...stamps in IOTA!!

https://twitter.com/iotatoken/status/894301083689943040

Tokyo FinTech Meetup #3 - Beyond Blocks: IOTA

https://www.meetup.com/tokyofintech/events/241636864/

.....During this Meetup, Dominik Schiener, one of the creators of IOTA, will take us down the mythical rabbit hole to explain how this new decentralized network is designed to be the backbone for the IoT economy.......
August 06, 2017, 05:45:18 PM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
August 06, 2017, 04:49:09 PM
What was the price of 1 Miota on ICO?

You really wanna cry  Cheesy

about 0.00015$   as far as i know

Miota was less than 50 satoshi (1334 btc ico).  250x price increase in two years

ICO was in bitcoins not in dollars

1: it was 0.00015$, because my investment says: 0.00015$*myiotafromico=amount of investment
2:btc or dollar doesn´t matter.
3: it was more than x250  (more like x2500)  
4: it was about 30sat
5: weisenheimer

It is easy to divide the current market cap (in btc) and the size of the ico (in btc), is it not? Can you do it?

People invested their bitcoins. So it makes sense to compare holding bitcoins for 2 years with holding iotas for 2 years.
If you insist on counting in fiat, then it would be 6 times more in usd. It would be 100 times more in venezuelan bolivar, maybe. Did you invest your bolivars?

Most of investors  cash out in fiat, so that´s why most of people are interested in fiat and not in btc. But that´s a neverending story here on bct ... Cheesy

Anyway, let's forget it!

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
August 06, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
is there any way to solve this little issue? or by design is something impossible to change and will always be like that

It is an interesting question. Does somebody know the answer?

It is not a new question, and it has already been answered many times before. It is recommended to change address everytime and the wallet does that automatically, but addresses do not expire.

Thank you for your answer. We know that addresses do not expire and that they only become less secure. This makes iota less usable in many real world situations. No way to solve this?

explain "less usable in many real world situations"

the address are deterministic, any program can generate iota addresses and automatically switch to new addresses once the address has been used to send out.
Activity: 249
August 06, 2017, 04:03:50 PM

It is an interesting question. Does somebody know the answer?

It is not a new question, and it has already been answered many times before. It is recommended to change address everytime and the wallet does that automatically, but addresses do not expire.

Thank you for your answer. We know that addresses do not expire and that they only become less secure. This makes iota less usable in many real world situations. No way to solve this?
Jump to: