Author

Topic: IOTA - page 255. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 06, 2017, 03:24:07 PM
Wealth is never distributed, it is either made (mined gold for example), traded voluntarily or stolen.

... all of which are kinds of distribution, like "racing" is a kind of "driving", or "boiling" a kind of "heating". There is nothing which boils that can't be heated, just as there is nothing that is wealth that can't be distributed.

It may be euphemistic to say "distribution" in certain circumstances and unnecessarily or dishonestly or inaccurately vague, but it is a kind of distribution.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
August 06, 2017, 01:29:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Just got this forwarded. Is this the reason for the price going up the last days?

not realy..

just  a long time of sideways and it broke out..    market doing market things whithout news.
Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
August 06, 2017, 01:07:18 PM
is there any way to solve this little issue? or by design is something impossible to change and will always be like that

It is an interesting question. Does somebody know the answer?

It is not a new question, and it has already been answered many times before. It is recommended to change address everytime and the wallet does that automatically, but addresses do not expire.
Activity: 249
August 06, 2017, 12:51:32 PM
will be any way in the future that you can reuse an address you have spend on?

lets say you get donations for dogs at addres "AKWAN99"
and after lotof donations, you must use the money to buy things for dogs, so you do a spend transaction, the address "AKWAN99"
with this action just filtered part of the private key, so they do not recommend to spend twice on it as you will make public more and more the private key on AKWAN99,

okey, so you must now change the address in the website so you get a fresh unused address,

but what if some people who dont know the change, saved the address and keep sending coins to AKWAN99?
you can't stop them, but they force you to spend again to move out the money, making the private key even more vulnerable,

and so on, and so on,

thats the single point of IOTA that might return a bit of problems, as in any alt-coin, paypal, bank account, anything... you can have a static payment address where you can spend and use, move, and so on,  and with IOTA it becomes more strange, you can't tell people to always "donate there"
maybe some one want to donate, lets say 100 kiota every month, they can't stick to an address and do always the same move like with any other system,

is there any way to solve this little issue? or by design is something impossible to change and will always be like that

It is an interesting question. Does somebody know the answer?
August 06, 2017, 12:49:47 PM
What was the price of 1 Miota on ICO?

You really wanna cry  Cheesy

about 0.00015$   as far as i know

Miota was less than 50 satoshi (1334 btc ico).  250x price increase in two years

ICO was in bitcoins not in dollars

1: it was 0.00015$, because my investment says: 0.00015$*myiotafromico=amount of investment
2:btc or dollar doesn´t matter.
3: it was more than x250  (more like x2500)  
4: it was about 30sat
5: weisenheimer

It is easy to divide the current market cap (in btc) and the size of the ico (in btc), is it not? Can you do it?

People invested their bitcoins. So it makes sense to compare holding bitcoins for 2 years with holding iotas for 2 years.
If you insist on counting in fiat, then it would be 6 times more in usd. It would be 100 times more in venezuelan bolivar, maybe. Did you invest your bolivars?
Activity: 251
August 06, 2017, 10:26:53 AM

Nope I don't agree with this..  I want to be part of something that not only benefits me but also others around us... we have all this mess in the first place because of unequal distribution of wealth.... I will invest more in IOTA. They are doing more than being a selfish group of a-holes. Grin

Wealth is never distributed, it is either made (mined gold for example), traded voluntarily or stolen. What you refer to as the "unequal distribution of wealth" is when wealth is re-appropriated by force and only by, and through, governments -- since individuals do not have the power to steal large sums of wealth without the strong arm of government. Fractional reserve banking -- government policy. Printing money out of thin air, government policy. Joe the robber can never hope to steal as much as a bank, which creates fiat dollars out of thin air, as allowed by government -- as encouraged in America, by the Fed.  Any company or person amassing wealth, should not have their wealth stolen, if they did not first steal it. Working hard or inheriting a fortune is not theft. Anyone wishing to confiscate from the honest, is a thief and ought to treated like one.

Spare me the platitudes. And remember wealth is not fiat dollars.

Invest in something because it is worth something or try Stellar Lumens (a Ripple clone) which gives your lumens away to the poor and hopes to bank the world. It's your "selfish" choice.

And look deeper into what it means to be selfish. That word has no place in the same sentence as "unequal distribution of wealth." To retain one's wealth, is not "selfish," it is your right --  if you did not steal it first. It is not an act against the world to want have a bit of jack. And remember, everyone acts in their own interest. Acts for "self." Even if you want to benefit others, as do I, it is, ultimately, a personal decision for you.

And when you benefit others -- not just give them a hand out -- you enrich yourself. Why? Because human cooperation gets things done.

Iota is a tool, just like bitcoin is a tool. Wink
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 06, 2017, 09:15:44 AM
Need translation, do you allow me to make the translation
Off course no problem
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
August 06, 2017, 09:06:18 AM

Miota was less than 50 satoshi (1334 btc ico).  250x price increase in two years

1: it was 0.00015$, because my investment says: 0.00015$*myiotafromico=amount of investment
2:btc or dollar doesn´t matter.
3: it was more than x250  (more like x2500)  
4: it was about 30sat
5: weisenheimer
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
August 06, 2017, 06:16:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Just got this forwarded. Is this the reason for the price going up the last days?

http://www.bluestarcapital.co.uk/cms_data/assets/satoshisay_update_17_07_2017.pdf

very intersting !
Activity: 645
Merit: 487
August 06, 2017, 01:29:14 AM
Over the next week there will be several updates on technical progress and growth, as well as adoption, some of it will require active engagement by IOTA users, hence the unorthodox 'pre-announcement'.

This is great news! I have been waiting for news! Im excited Grin
Im guessing Satoshipay implementation announcement? News on oracles? Stresstesting the network?

Maybe double the total amount of iotas in our wallets? They are too few for an IoT worldwide...
Activity: 262
August 06, 2017, 12:17:49 AM
will be any way in the future that you can reuse an address you have spend on?

lets say you get donations for dogs at addres "AKWAN99"
and after lotof donations, you must use the money to buy things for dogs, so you do a spend transaction, the address "AKWAN99"
with this action just filtered part of the private key, so they do not recommend to spend twice on it as you will make public more and more the private key on AKWAN99,

okey, so you must now change the address in the website so you get a fresh unused address,

but what if some people who dont know the change, saved the address and keep sending coins to AKWAN99?
you can't stop them, but they force you to spend again to move out the money, making the private key even more vulnerable,

and so on, and so on,

thats the single point of IOTA that might return a bit of problems, as in any alt-coin, paypal, bank account, anything... you can have a static payment address where you can spend and use, move, and so on,  and with IOTA it becomes more strange, you can't tell people to always "donate there"
maybe some one want to donate, lets say 100 kiota every month, they can't stick to an address and do always the same move like with any other system,

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
August 05, 2017, 06:33:54 PM
Over the next week there will be several updates on technical progress and growth, as well as adoption, some of it will require active engagement by IOTA users, hence the unorthodox 'pre-announcement'.

This is great news! I have been waiting for news! Im excited Grin
Im guessing Satoshipay implementation announcement? News on oracles? Stresstesting the network?
Activity: 711
Merit: 204
August 05, 2017, 06:27:39 PM
If you are saying 'active engagement by IOTA users' do you mean a kind of claiming or stress testing?
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 05, 2017, 06:23:10 PM

Gimme a break. I invest in IOTA to make money -- to be selfish. Anyone who doesn't, is a fool and ought to go give cash away to bums, if they think the poor hold a mortgage on their lives.

But this is not about the poor, this is a selfish decision -- a moral choice, not a duty -- to make these refugee camps (now cities) become smart. To reunite families etc. That, my friend is a f-ing selfish investment of the best kind. Since, by the way, nobody ever makes an unselfish decision ever.

Every damned thing you do is for yourself. Whether you were Mother Theresa or Gandhi, it's all about you, since, ultimately, you made that choice for your own reasons.

There's no escaping it. So spare us the platitudes.

Nope I don't agree with this..  I want to be part of something that not only benefits me but also others around us... we have all this mess in the first place because of unequal distribution of wealth.... I will invest more in IOTA. They are doing more than being a selfish group of a-holes. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
August 05, 2017, 06:16:32 PM
Because I'm really curious what the next week of news will expect us. I personally have some iotas in my portfolio and will not sell them quickly.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 05, 2017, 05:51:04 PM
August 05, 2017, 05:27:26 PM

Miota was less than 50 satoshi (1334 btc ico).  250x price increase in two years

legendary
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
August 05, 2017, 04:31:10 PM
legendary
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
August 05, 2017, 03:03:25 PM