Author

Topic: IOTA - page 399. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 502
January 26, 2017, 08:21:21 PM
We (mainly atypical) already fixed "could not load light wallet functionality" for all windows users and "invalid ELF header" for our linux guys. Please wait for the next release (soon™)
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 26, 2017, 04:22:24 PM
Great to see progress here. Proud to have taken part at this ICO (thanks to Markus Bohl).
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
January 26, 2017, 03:17:32 AM
Hopefully a lot forget to claim so the foundation gets more funding and will be stronger than ever Cool

I suggest to burn them instead. So every iota is more worthy. Also the ones of the foundation...

I believe it has already been decided that unclaimed IOTAs would go to the foundation.

I guess we will find out once July rolls around.

It would be nice to have some numbers on the amount unclaimed for far.

Go to iota.cool , click on "view address details", enter 9999

At the moment around 45% are not claimed. I have expected this result. There have been a lot of guys haven't been able to install the versions before January and waiting for a stable Bug-Free Light-Client (me included).
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2017, 01:52:05 AM
Hopefully a lot forget to claim so the foundation gets more funding and will be stronger than ever Cool

I suggest to burn them instead. So every iota is more worthy. Also the ones of the foundation...

I believe it has already been decided that unclaimed IOTAs would go to the foundation.

Go to iota.cool , click on "view address details", enter 9999
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
January 25, 2017, 09:10:10 PM
Are there any known bugs in this release? I have installed it and tried to finally claim a remaining portion of my Iotas, but what I got is pretty strange.
Opened the "Claim process" dialog, entered old seed, then the new seed (different one) two times. The button indicated "Claiming" for some time, then it

showed something like "The seed contains 212 Gi", then after some time button changed to "CLAIM COMPLETED" in nice blue color.
However when I login using the new seed, I see balance is zero.

Well, I logged out, and did the claiming once again, absolutely the same procedure, just with different new seed. Both the process and result were again the

same - it reported "The seed contains 212 Gi" (regardless of the fact I already claimed them!), and "CLAIM COMPLETED". Then again, I logged in by new seed

and saw zero balance.

Am I doing something wrong? The procedure is extremely simple, I cannot see what I can do wrong there.
BTW, I used http://service.iotasupport.com:14265 as the node, just in case if it makes difference.

Would appreciate any help, or RTFM if needed Smiley

It can take up to an hour until you see your balance on the new seed.

@drays have you generated(receive-->attach to tangle) an address?
If not, generate one and wait for an hour to be sure.
If the balance still doesn't show up, generate one more Smiley

You should look at the transaction history if there are any pending transactions. If there are, just wait until they're confirmed(it should in 24 hours),

otherwise balance will show up as 0. The way you described it, first attempt should have been valid.

Thanks a million, guys!
I waited for about one day, checked once again and can now see it. IOTAs were transferred to the first seed, the second one remained empty. Frankly speaking, I wouldn't mind it they appear on the second seed too, but alas, the tech is working well Grin).

So the claiming transaction could take a while to confirm. I didn't know that. It could be worth mentioning somewhere, so some claimers do not panic unnecessarily.

Thanks again for the help!
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
January 25, 2017, 04:31:15 PM

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
January 25, 2017, 01:54:26 PM
we need every single token. the amount is already small.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
January 25, 2017, 01:34:10 PM

January 25, 2017, 01:21:12 PM
January 25, 2017, 01:11:13 PM
Got it. Thanks Achim.
legendary
January 25, 2017, 01:09:00 PM
let's say I forget to claim in time. How will they get my tokens if I don't tell them my seed?

If you didn't claim, your seed does not contain any iotas.
Unclaimed iotas are stored in the "all 9" address. The seed of this account is also 81times the number 9. But you can't make any transfers from this address. They'll possibly allow to make transfers from it and transfer everything to a foundation address, or they'll just change the "all 9" address in the snapshot.
January 25, 2017, 12:56:59 PM
 let's say I forget to claim in time. How will they get my tokens if I don't tell them my seed?
legendary
January 25, 2017, 12:48:41 PM
unclaimed iotas will be considered as donations to the foundation. But how would  you get access to the unclaimed tokens when they are locked up behind unknown seeds?
You may find your answer in the book of genesis, my son Wink
Pls explain in more detail, father. Are they able to hack iota?

Unclaimed iotas are not locked up in unknown seeds, else they would be already claimed.
January 25, 2017, 12:44:41 PM
unclaimed iotas will be considered as donations to the foundation. But how would  you get access to the unclaimed tokens when they are locked up behind unknown seeds?
Pls explain in more detail, father. Are they able to hack iota?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
January 25, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
cant believe youre using a stock logo
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
January 25, 2017, 09:53:34 AM
Are there any known bugs in this release? I have installed it and tried to finally claim a remaining portion of my Iotas, but what I got is pretty strange.
Opened the "Claim process" dialog, entered old seed, then the new seed (different one) two times. The button indicated "Claiming" for some time, then it showed something like "The seed contains 212 Gi", then after some time button changed to "CLAIM COMPLETED" in nice blue color.
However when I login using the new seed, I see balance is zero.

Well, I logged out, and did the claiming once again, absolutely the same procedure, just with different new seed. Both the process and result were again the same - it reported "The seed contains 212 Gi" (regardless of the fact I already claimed them!), and "CLAIM COMPLETED". Then again, I logged in by new seed and saw zero balance.

Am I doing something wrong? The procedure is extremely simple, I cannot see what I can do wrong there.
BTW, I used http://service.iotasupport.com:14265 as the node, just in case if it makes difference.

Would appreciate any help, or RTFM if needed Smiley

You should look at the transaction history if there are any pending transactions. If there are, just wait until they're confirmed(it should in 24 hours), otherwise balance will show up as 0. The way you described it, first attempt should have been valid.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 25, 2017, 09:45:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 25, 2017, 09:05:00 AM
i am sorry for dumb question , but where can i get information about how to get some iota? Smiley
In slack IOTA, channel Trading!! Smiley

"As a temporary solution, an OTC Bot has been set up to enable trading in the official IOTA slack.
Since @yassinnxt  provided an excellent service as escrow in the past, he will act as an intermediary, before IOTA hits exchanges.
Additional advice: @yassinnxt  is the only escrow. Don't send your funds to different persons and be sure to interact with @yassinnxt  only as impersonators occasionally tried to scam some people in the past."

The OTC-bot service assisted by Yassin works as follows:

1. You send BTC or iotas to an address provided by Yassin (via private message)
2. Yassin executes a command to deposit the accordant amount to your balance tracked by the bot
3. You buy/sell iotas (this can happen as many times as you need)
4. You send Yassin an address to withdraw the earned BTC/iotas
5. Yassin adjusts your balance and sends real tokens to your address
6. Trades are taxed with 0% fee.
7. Deposits/withdrawals are charged with 1% fee (rounded up).
8. Min amount of a deposit/withdrawal is 10'000 microBTC/2 Gi.
9. To get instructions on how to trade iotas once you get your tokens on the balance type "HELP" on #trading   channel.
10. As a precaution, you are advised to provide Yassin with an extra BTC and IOTA-address to be able to receive your funds once you left slack for different reasons, such as a ban or technical issues.
11. For each IOTA deposit, a new address must be generated. This is necessary to show the right balances for each entry listed by the bot.
12. For better usability, Gi and microBTC for fees are always rounded. (1Gi for 2GI-100Gi, 2Gi from >100Gi-200Gi and so on)

Example-trade:

-Alice contacts @yassinnxt   and says "I want to deposit 50 BTC"
-She sends 50 BTC to an address provided by Yassin
- Once 50 BTC are confirmed, Yassin types "GIVE 49.5 BTC TO @Alice (1% fee included)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 200 gigaiotas (Gi)"
-Yassin executes "TAKE 200 Gi FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 198 Gi to Alice (1% fee included)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to deposit 200 Gi"
-She sends Yassin 200 Gi
-Once 200 Gi are confirmed he types "GIVE 198 gigaiotas TO @Alice" (1% fee included)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 50 BTC"
-Yassin types "TAKE 50 BTC FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 49.5 BTC to her (1% fee included)
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
January 25, 2017, 06:06:47 AM
@drays have you generated(receive-->attach to tangle) an address?
If not, generate one and wait for an hour to be sure.
If the balance still doesn't show up, generate one more Smiley
Jump to: