Author

Topic: IOTA - page 476. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
August 09, 2016, 07:19:49 AM
enjoyed your presentation at BTC Wednesday. keep up the good work guys Smiley
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 12:23:08 AM

Fuck your node, just a couple days ago a guy with true intentions offered to setup 200 nodes, I take 1 of him to 200 of you any day.

11/10 Maths skills. Smiley
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
August 08, 2016, 06:15:45 PM
how many manual claims still need to be completed? is there an estimate when they'll all be finished?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2016, 06:14:36 PM
Version 1.0.3 is out!

https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases

- Peer Discovery has been added (you no longer need to search for peers)
- Confirmation time interval has been increased to 1hour (meaning that you need to replay less)
- API changes (docs will be updated soon)

Dom: this is pre-release, so this is mainly for those who want to beta test. Please give it a try and let us know if something is wrong.

Come to the chat for testing: https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/testing/details/
tweeted!! https://twitter.com/MagicNxt/status/762773598465585152  Cool
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 08, 2016, 06:06:30 PM
keep calm devs... this is another FUDer don't be so angry on them that not help anyone... just ignore

Don't worry, we're calm. I can point out that someone is 100% useless without investing emotions in it, keep in mind that what you are reading is letters made up of pixels, there is very little actual emotion behind these messages.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 08, 2016, 05:44:51 PM

Then don't sell a token, market privately to companies and raise funds from private investors. Don't go and make this a public thing.

Never did. We sold a software solution which uses tokens for certain parts of the execution. Never raised a single dollar of investment for IOTA, if we wanted to raise investor funds for it we could raise 10+ million easily, but that would negate the goal of creating a truly activist driven underlying trustless 'Ledger of Things'

Obviously there's some contradictions in this coin , seen too many of these coins come and go.

What contradiction? I see none, we have perhaps been the single most transparent, fair and bluntly honest project in the cryptosphere ever. We didn't even do a single iota in premine. You're talking about the project where the leader of the project literally tell speculators to FUCK OFF if they plan to contribute nothing, rather than cater to them for guaranteed short term profit. How can you claim there are contradictions?

You all say it's for machines? Then why sell a token to humans?

Until we reach the AI recursive improvement stage which makes humans obsolete in terms of work we still rely on humans to make and program the machines. That's why you sell the tokens to humans, and also why we EXPLICITLY said 100 times that it's for humans with skills and plans, not for speculators.

Come from beyond has himself been involved in many projects and never stuck to only one project, that raises suspicions.

Nxt? He did everything he was paid for and 100 times more. Jinn? Still ongoing exactly as planned. IOTA? Still ongoing exactly as planned. Stop making these vacuous claims without evidence please.

Marketing skills is an essential part of any successful business, not just programming.

I am confident in my own marketing skills, but you know what is most important in marketing? Timing. Just wait and you can eat your own words with a rusty fork.

BTW, I wanted to be involved and maybe set up a private node for the tangle to work better. But not anymore.

This shows that your level of commitment is worthless and we are grateful that you're not going to be part of this community. A talentless idiot that make false claims and attack people for no reason is not useful. Fuck your node, just a couple days ago a guy with true intentions offered to setup 200 nodes, I take 1 of him to 200 of you any day.
keep calm devs... this is another FUDer don't be so angry on them that not help anyone... just ignore
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need
August 08, 2016, 05:42:33 PM
now i cant use it im getting this

initialization alert this server address already in use please close any other apps services that may be running on port 14635

Close the software, open your task manager, look for a running java process and terminate it. Then try again.
wow thanks that was easy lol worked like a charm thanks a million bro
legendary
Activity: 1225
August 08, 2016, 05:31:30 PM

initialization alert this server address already in use please close any other apps services that may be running on port 14635

Close the software, open your task manager, look for a running java process and terminate it. Then try again.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need
August 08, 2016, 05:24:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 08, 2016, 04:33:10 PM
Version 1.0.3 is out!

- Confirmation time interval has been increased to 1hour (meaning that you need to replay less)

Dom: this is pre-release, so this is mainly for those who want to beta test. Please give it a try and let us know if something is wrong.

Come to the chat for testing: https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/testing/details/

Peer Discovery, nice.
legendary
August 08, 2016, 03:59:05 PM
Version 1.0.3 is out!

August 08, 2016, 03:08:29 PM

Then don't sell a token, market privately to companies and raise funds from private investors. Don't go and make this a public thing.

Never did. We sold a software solution which uses tokens for certain parts of the execution. Never raised a single dollar of investment for IOTA, if we wanted to raise investor funds for it we could raise 10+ million easily, but that would negate the goal of creating a truly activist driven underlying trustless 'Ledger of Things'

Obviously there's some contradictions in this coin , seen too many of these coins come and go.

What contradiction? I see none, we have perhaps been the single most transparent, fair and bluntly honest project in the cryptosphere ever. We didn't even do a single iota in premine. You're talking about the project where the leader of the project literally tell speculators to FUCK OFF if they plan to contribute nothing, rather than cater to them for guaranteed short term profit. How can you claim there are contradictions?

Until we reach the AI recursive improvement stage which makes humans obsolete in terms of work we still rely on humans to make and program the machines. That's why you sell the tokens to humans, and also why we EXPLICITLY said 100 times that it's for humans with skills and plans, not for speculators.

Come from beyond has himself been involved in many projects and never stuck to only one project, that raises suspicions.

Nxt? He did everything he was paid for and 100 times more. Jinn? Still ongoing exactly as planned. IOTA? Still ongoing exactly as planned. Stop making these vacuous claims without evidence please.

Marketing skills is an essential part of any successful business, not just programming.

I am confident in my own marketing skills, but you know what is most important in marketing? Timing. Just wait and you can eat your own words with a rusty fork.

BTW, I wanted to be involved and maybe set up a private node for the tangle to work better. But not anymore.

This shows that your level of commitment is worthless and we are grateful that you're not going to be part of this community. A talentless idiot that make false claims and attack people for no reason is not useful. Fuck your node, just a couple days ago a guy with true intentions offered to setup 200 nodes, I take 1 of him to 200 of you any day.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
August 08, 2016, 02:49:49 PM
I think your next project should be called suspicoins

Haha, very good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 08, 2016, 02:43:31 PM

Right, I'm not Zuckerberg nor Musk to stick to only one project. Oh, wait, Musk actually doesn't, that raises suspicions...

EDIT: Now I'm not sure about Zuckerberg too, everyone in hi-tech raises suspicions, it seems.

I think your next project should be called suspicoins
legendary
August 08, 2016, 01:24:02 PM

Right, I'm not Zuckerberg nor Musk to stick to only one project. Oh, wait, Musk actually doesn't, that raises suspicions...

EDIT: Now I'm not sure about Zuckerberg too, everyone in hi-tech raises suspicions, it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 08, 2016, 01:16:21 PM
Instead you get a sarcastic response or none at all.

Devs expected some level of expertise from users. No offense, for the project it's better if users below that level sell their iotas and never come back. Iota is for machines.

ok

This is precisely why we took the approach of being anti-speculators, IOTA is for IoT, the only excuse not to be able to use IOTA at this stage is that you're an entrepreneur/activist on some IoT project, is that the case? If not, you should have listened to the infinite posts we made about how IOTA was never going to cater to speculators.

It's pretty amazing how one can do literally EVERYTHING right in terms of being blunt and upfront about everything from day 1, and still have to deal with criticism such as this.

Just GET INVOLVED and you will get all the help you need, but if your only intention is to make money of our hard work, do not complain - ever.

Good luck  Smiley
August 08, 2016, 11:50:25 AM

Devs expected some level of expertise from users. No offense, for the project it's better if users below that level sell their iotas and never come back. Iota is for machines.

ok

This is precisely why we took the approach of being anti-speculators, IOTA is for IoT, the only excuse not to be able to use IOTA at this stage is that you're an entrepreneur/activist on some IoT project, is that the case? If not, you should have listened to the infinite posts we made about how IOTA was never going to cater to speculators.

It's pretty amazing how one can do literally EVERYTHING right in terms of being blunt and upfront about everything from day 1, and still have to deal with criticism such as this.

Just GET INVOLVED and you will get all the help you need, but if your only intention is to make money of our hard work, do not complain - ever.
legendary
August 08, 2016, 11:13:19 AM

legendary
August 08, 2016, 11:07:39 AM
Devs should have stepped in and tried to offer a solution or anything showing that they are concerned with their users trying to use the product.

Social skills need to be developed in order to deal with other less advanced users, otherwise the product just stays stale and drives away potential customers.
I see this problem all too often in crypto scene, but oh well I'm used to it.

Dude, no need for the drama. Do you excpect all devs to read BCT daily and solve every users problem? The project would stall if they used up all their time reading and answering questions, this is a task that any advanced user can do.

If I saw your question I would have recommended to switch the antivirus off for a few minutes, no need for the devs to do anything.
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 08, 2016, 10:53:01 AM
(really reassuring there  Roll Eyes ):
help from the community should be taken into consideration as well, and not simply ignored Roll Eyes
but, thanks for the antivirus solution... as I am not really a "windows person", that false positive possibility didn't come to my mind.

I actually did try that and even someone sent me a link to an independent download they did for me.

I appreciate the help, but it didn't do anything since the anti-virus was just deleting it anyways.

Devs should have stepped in and tried to offer a solution or anything showing that they are concerned with their users trying to use the product.

Social skills need to be developed in order to deal with other less advanced users, otherwise the product just stays stale and drives away potential customers.
I see this problem all too often in crypto scene, but oh well I'm used to it.
Jump to: