Author

Topic: IOTA - page 544. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 05:02:17 PM
Suggestion (not vital, but anyway): What if each 5% (or plus) Foundation contributor earned the "title" (badge, class, or whatever) of "IOTA Foundation Member" (or "IOTA Foundation Contributor" ...).

This might only be a mere badge on the IOTA forum, but still, it can serve as an incentive, a way to tell who is who, etc... And, anyway, "IOTA Foundation Contributors" could even hold some "priviledges" in the future (like being heard on important decisions, etc)

Sorry if this is a bad suggestion ^^

It's not a bad suggestion. Like I have mentioned before, all the IOTA donators will be listed (if they want to) on the IOTA Foundation page as supporters also.

We'll definitely put 'Foundation Contributor' or something equivalent on the forum too and of course with this comes gravitas if there are certain community decisions that need public vote.
Activity: 596
May 30, 2016, 04:03:29 PM
Suggestion (not vital, but anyway): What if each 5% (or plus) Foundation contributor earned the "title" (badge, class, or whatever) of "IOTA Foundation Member" (or "IOTA Foundation Contributor" ...).

This might only be a mere badge on the IOTA forum, but still, it can serve as an incentive, a way to tell who is who, etc... And, anyway, "IOTA Foundation Contributors" could even hold some "priviledges" in the future (like being heard on important decisions, etc)

i love this
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
May 30, 2016, 02:47:29 PM
A: Stop! Read - this is important!
I: The BTC-s from the presale went to support development of IOTA tech, JINN processor and taxes. After the iota launch the contract on development is over!
D: If you want a group of didicated people continue to push IOTA forward as IoT standard - so you can see IOTA been used by  different IoT-devices...
A: Please donate a little pieace of your stash, 5% by entering 5 in this form below.

That's a good explanation.

I'm gonna donate now before I forget.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Merci mon pote enfin lol  (je plaisante Wink )
legendary
May 30, 2016, 02:44:06 PM
i will donate 5%. no developer works for free in this world .

I already have donated 5% when doing the initial claim, and I am eager to donate another 5% after launch, when I can use the human accessible maintenance hatch that every tech has one way or another, even if it is mostly intended for use by machnies.
the community becomes better!!  Wink
Thanks Bro!!  Kiss
legendary
May 30, 2016, 02:42:41 PM
Thank you for the clarification. There remains no doubt that the 5% contribution for the IOTA Foundation is not only needed, but deserved. It is a moral duty for each one here, and it represents a stronger cohesion, and a bigger potential for the success of the project.
You are welcome!!  Wink
legendary
May 30, 2016, 02:41:07 PM
i will donate 5%. no developer works for free in this world .

Thanks!!  good decision!!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
May 30, 2016, 02:40:36 PM
Let's cast a vote for a 5% "premine" or equivalent.
Don't waste time on this, it will have negative legal consequences.
More negative would be all kind of consequences of forking iota.
So im in for the 5% apart, and for me it was the last option.

I highly doubt that a random programmer would understand and make a better use of this tech.
We have to stick with the creators for a while.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
May 30, 2016, 02:27:17 PM

More negative would be all kind of consequences of forking iota.
So im in for the 5% apart, and for me it was the last option.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 02:24:24 PM
I: The BTC-s from the presale went to support development of IOTA tech, JINN processor and taxes. After the iota launch the contract on development is over!
D: If you want a group of didicated people continue to push IOTA forward as IoT standard - so you can see IOTA been used by  different IoT-devices...
A: Please donate a little pieace of your stash, 5% by entering 5 in this form below.

That's a good explanation.

I'm gonna donate now before I forget.

legendary
Activity: 1344
May 30, 2016, 01:41:35 PM
When claiming iotas popup window appears asking to enter % of your donation.

It's been streesed here that not eveyone read this forum, so I suggest to spend at least 20 minutes and think about adding 2 - 3 paragraphs which describe why we ask user to donate and why it is vital for IOTA success to fund foundation.

A popup window must explain more clearly WHY THEY(iota users) MUST DONATE:

Example:

legendary
May 30, 2016, 01:39:19 PM

Alright. So make the donation idiot-proof and obvious when the 1.0 go live.
Something like a "5% donation button" (that you can only hit one time of course). Something brainless as a "like button" on Facebook. People love to donate but they hate thinking.
Cryptocurrencies were actually made to make things like donations much simpler.
legendary
Activity: 924
May 30, 2016, 01:28:24 PM
Jeebers, I'm half-way to suggesting that you get in touch with this person for your foundation drive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQglr3L1jo0

(Yes, this is an attempted comedy break.)
legendary
Merit: 1009
May 30, 2016, 01:18:13 PM

legendary
May 30, 2016, 01:11:42 PM

There is no way to get 5% from the community simply because very few people are following this thread and a lot of people do not understand the process of donation.

Let's cast a vote for a 5% premine* or equivalent.

I do want the devs to keep working after the launch.

The technology is worthless if there is no one behind it.

EDIT : (*)actually not possible due to legal concern.
Activity: 763
May 30, 2016, 01:08:57 PM
We can put it this way:

Ask just yourself (don't care about any other people), have/will you donate 5% or more when you claim your coins? If yes, you are fine. If no, you are screwed.

Btw, I don't think the fork or the consortium path is a bad idea. At least they can easily provide more funds to make the tangle network successful. I think it is important to build a successful tangle network. It does not matter who build it and what is its name. It can be called iota, iotb, iotc. It can be a public network or a consortium network. Doesn't matter.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
cryptoPag.com
May 30, 2016, 01:00:11 PM

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 12:59:07 PM
@smaragda

When we say end of drama, we mean it so please stop now

STFU

Thanks for your "mature" comprehension
Wink
legendary
May 30, 2016, 12:58:30 PM
Fine.  Please proceed to properly inform everyone on the implications of this then.  And make sure to remember that you are saying it is not an option before the Foundation is a reality when providing said info.

I'm not sure I get you. There will be a Foundation or there will be no a Foundation. Both cases have their benefits, for example, I always wanted to check if Nxt fate is the rule or an exception.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 12:52:14 PM
@smaragda

When we say end of drama, we mean it so please stop now
legendary
May 30, 2016, 12:51:41 PM
Both is not going to happen.  Not because I say it, but because people have already said they won't donate.

So, which of the two do we want?

Then the latter is not an option.
Jump to: