Author

Topic: IOTA - page 547. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 30, 2016, 10:16:12 AM
15.3% of Foundation funding goal reached, weighted average donation is 3.8%.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
May 30, 2016, 10:13:50 AM
David, this is my last request from you:

1) how many IOTA do you hold?
2) how much money of the 500,000 dollars has personally gone to you?

Shouldn't you have asked these questions before the token sale? And if you did not get a satisfactory reply, you should never have invested.

You are obviously a JINN investor, so you know David from before. If you do not agree with his style of dealing with things, why then did you invest in IOTA?
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
May 30, 2016, 10:06:29 AM
can you guys confirm that whatever happens with the foundation vs corporate sponsorship, the IOTA token issued during the ICO wont be replaced by another token issued later

You should ask Foundation for this.

hmmm, this becomes a worry then! I was expecting a straight answer (hopefully IOTA token will NOT be re-issued). Obviously I can't ask the foundation this question now as it doesn't exist yet, and if it does exist later the answer is moot, and if it doesn't exit in the future there'll be no answer as there's no foundation to ask.

is this mess maybe a parachute for behind the scenes clusterfuck bailout?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
May 30, 2016, 10:06:07 AM
We can move funds promised to "big deal" to support foundation  Roll Eyes

Activity: 150
cryptoPag.com
May 30, 2016, 10:02:39 AM
My friends, let's stop this fight. It makes no sense any longer.

The developers deserve their fair remuneration, and the foundation is the way to do it.

They have been doing a great job so:

They need 5%. It's is only fair that they receive what they need.

They prefer to be paid in IOTAs. It is only fair that we make our payments in IOTAs.

No one here is better than anyone. As I have said before, each one here, in his own way, is performing his own role for the best of the community.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 10:01:42 AM
David, this is my last request from you:

1) how many IOTA do you hold?
2) how much money of the 500,000 dollars has personally gone to you?

If you can answer this with transparency I am willing to stand down to you. It will provide me enough information moving forward. Because the way you act makes it seem like the answer to both is 0 or close to 0.

Anyway, as always, nothing productive comes from fighting with you or agreeing with you. You just do whatever the hell you want. So be it.

As always there is no room to speak with you on any issue or concern. You are, still, completely overwhelmed by this part of the job. I will keep making this point until you run IOTA into the ground/change/or go ahead with the possible plans to fork IOTA and leave everyone around here hanging.

I'm overwhelmed because I refuse to accept lies? Ok.
You said we were THREATENING you by saying that we won't work for free. What went wrong in your genome? You are sitting here lying and accusing someone that made you a 20x ROI from volunteer work. You expect a civil tone after that? Start acting like an adult.
Activity: 173
May 30, 2016, 10:00:21 AM
can you guys confirm that whatever happens with the foundation vs corporate sponsorship, the IOTA token issued during the ICO wont be replaced by another token issued later
there is no A "officially" replacing B. there is just A has the support of the majority and is better funded than B.
May 30, 2016, 09:56:25 AM
What sort of "people" do I fall under? I'm the one that keeps my word, donates to TENNESSEE, donates to NXT, helps fund iota, jinn, etc. Then we get talked down to and yelled at every other week. Worse still, the person doing all this yelling and screaming likes to make comments about his poor treatment and being treated like a slave. Often times, the tone is more or less completely uncalled for. An honest and simple question will get a 3 paragraph treatment about "cancer" and "insanity" and so on and so forth. Communication is beyond poor. Goal posts keep changing, secret big deal turns into the need for donations to foundation turns into threats (maybe reality) of the project going nowhere unless more funds are produced. I've read every page of this thread, I've read every page of the JINN thread, I have been dealing with this sort of drama for its entire duration. Which, btw, is not needed. David is just bad at this part of the job - if he is good at the rest, much of that is shrouded in such secrecy that I have a hard time judging.

Pathetic performance so far. ROI is not everything and that is all I can see right now that makes me happy.

As to selling, I sold what I thought was warranted after my concerns. It was the only time I ever sold from my position in this space (have never sold eth, jinn, nxt, etc etc etc etc). Truth is, once you manage to start scaring me off, you need to look carefully to see just how many more people are going to jump ship - because I'm usually willing to risk all my funds on these projects.

As always there is no room to speak with you on any issue or concern. You are, still, completely overwhelmed by this part of the job. I will keep making this point until you run IOTA into the ground/change/or go ahead with the possible plans to fork IOTA and leave everyone around here hanging.

Happy to buy up all of your IOTA tokens so that we no longer have to deal with people like you in this community.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 09:54:33 AM

You should ask Foundation for this.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
May 30, 2016, 09:52:44 AM

Whats kind of silly in this whole "discussion" is the fact that nothing has even happend yet. The 5% will most likely be easily reached, just let everyone know that we have a stable and final release and let all those IOTAs change hands that have been sold the last months and THEN have a look at where we stand.

Its just completely unnecessary to have such a hostile discussion at this moment.

Yeap, add in official GUI button DONATE.
That's all  Smiley

THIS! +1
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
May 30, 2016, 09:48:20 AM
Can someone post the latest version of client or maybe update the OP with a link and directions on running.  I can't access Iota Chat right now. Thanks.

I'm in the middle of preparing a new version.

OK thanks
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
May 30, 2016, 09:48:08 AM
Activity: 173
May 30, 2016, 09:43:25 AM

Happy to buy up all of your IOTA tokens so that we no longer have to deal with people like you in this community.

can we share?
legendary
May 30, 2016, 09:42:54 AM
Can someone post the latest version of client or maybe update the OP with a link and directions on running.  I can't access Iota Chat right now. Thanks.

I'm in the middle of preparing a new version.
Activity: 714
May 30, 2016, 09:42:38 AM

I'm overwhelmed because I refuse to accept lies? Ok.
You said we were THREATENING you by saying that we won't work for free. What went wrong in your genome? You are sitting here lying and accusing someone that made you a 20x ROI from volunteer work. You expect a civil tone after that? Start acting like an adult.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 09:41:41 AM
The IOTA guys are doing a 'good cop, bad cop' routine to massage everyone into putting up their 5% donation. Expect CfB (aka good cop) to pop back in soon with some humor and soothing words. We get to 'hate' iotatoken, then we kiss and make up with CfB ... then we all pay our 5% and move on.

Haha, interesting how it would look if I played the bad cop and David played the good one.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 09:41:38 AM

Activity: 150
cryptoPag.com
May 30, 2016, 09:41:05 AM
(...)If people also want us to continue working + other people who will be in the foundation, then of course they have to pay for it. No one is going to work 5-10 hour days for anyone for free, that's borderline slavery.(...)

Put in these words, now I understand, and it is only fair that I donate.

Thank you, and sorry for all misunderstandings. I am donating paying my 5% due for your works Smiley
May 30, 2016, 09:38:01 AM
Ridiculous and drama ridden as always. Good to see not much has changed.

-I just stated (many times in fact) that I don't expect the foundation to work for free and have (many times) already declared my intention of helping in its funding.

-My posts made no mention of on-boarding anything/anyone. I mentioned the tangle as a metaphor to a road. I'm not asking you to provide the traffic or other cars, I'm asking that my software have something to run on. If that happens, then yes, I would agree that you have provided a functional software product that meet the "donation" conditions.

Good luck at the doctor, I hope you get good news. Schedule the shrink after your negative diagnosis at the oncologist.  

If you don't deliver a ROAD, I would argue that you failed to deliver on the software you intended to deliver. This software with no tangle/network is not software - it would not be much of anything actually. I'm not sure how you would argue otherwise.

What? What? What? The software will work, the network will emerge from the users of the software. We have ZERO obligation to work tirelessly to onboard users to the network. What are you even remotely talking about?

And again this "volunteer work" stuff. You raised +/-$500,000 dollars 5 months ago. That is a burn rate of 100k a month or so if the funds are gone - quite high. I'm not sure in which planet getting half a million dollars is = to volunteer work.

Ugh this bullshit again. How many times do you have to be told that the funds go to

1) IOTA development
2) Jinn development
3) Taxes (yes, we're a real company, we have to pay those)

Where in this purchase did we say we would also form a foundation and work for free for you?

I can't continue this conversation, I have to visit my oncologist to see if your posts gave me cancer.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
May 30, 2016, 09:37:56 AM

Whats kind of silly in this whole "discussion" is the fact that nothing has even happend yet. The 5% will most likely be easily reached, just let everyone know that we have a stable and final release and let all those IOTAs change hands that have been sold the last months and THEN have a look at where we stand.

Its just completely unnecessary to have such a hostile discussion at this moment.

+1000 , release it , set up a donation address and see what happens.

Even better to add donation button, no one will miss it in this case.
Jump to: