Author

Topic: IOTA - page 554. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 29, 2016, 11:57:41 AM
how can we donate on a non final tangle?

Donation transactions will be replayed in the final tangle.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
May 29, 2016, 11:57:07 AM
I think there is no need to be upset, YET.
People just had one day, a saturday,and the wallet is not user friendly.

Weighted average donation % is 3.2 (not 5), this means that funding goal won't be reached.

That assumption is false. In my case, i donated from 3 addresses, with different %.
And i was conservative because i had the seeds stored, and didn't know which one belong to each account, so i had to donate blind.
In fact i put 7% on the first one, because even if it was the biggest (it was), it would be fine. But for the others i had to lower the amount. I didn't want to mess just in case, specially because i thought i will still be able to send whatever more i consider with normal transfers.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
May 29, 2016, 11:54:22 AM
ETA on launch?

31st of May for version 1.0.0, but the launch is supposed to be later. Also I need extra days to implement countermeasure for http://arxiv.org/pdf/1605.07524v1.pdf.

how can we donate on a non final tangle?
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:50:37 AM
I am a frontend dev working for 2 german car companies and many others. If I was hired, there would be a usable frontend in days...

3 first guys were saying the same  Grin
but there is no need to pay in advance...
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:48:26 AM
I am a frontend dev working for 2 german car companies and many others. If I was hired, there would be a usable frontend in days...

3 first guys were saying the same  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2016, 11:47:17 AM
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:46:55 AM
Thanks CfB. But 2 things are missing here:
-Later Buyers like Mr. BigIOTA which will donate from their funds they have bought from ICO Investors
-The Guys that will be spent their sales proceed from "Big Deal" for spending for Foundation

This is what I don't like - that Mr. BigIOTA will cover donations not made by ICO riders. "Big Deal" funds is a similar case. I think everyone who is long-term in Iota is interested if pure speculators quit as early as possible. Those who are interested in something except speculation will come to their places and help us to conquer the world.
legendary
Activity: 1540
May 29, 2016, 11:45:36 AM
Also I need extra days to implement countermeasure for http://arxiv.org/pdf/1605.07524v1.pdf.
Thanks for resolved this problem!!  Smiley
Good luck!!  Kiss
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
May 29, 2016, 11:44:24 AM
nope nope. no blackmailing please.
i am just stating the truth. and that is just one of the strategies. game theories at work you know.

I think those who own iotas should decide themselves what they need. Some may be completely comfortable with quiting Iota once its tokens can be sold on exchanges, as long as the price is above the purchase price they lose nothing. I don't think that those who are interested in long-term success of Iota should donate more to cover donations not made by the others.

I suggest to do the following:
- Release Iota right before Bitcoin pump caused by the halving
- In the first hand support those exchanges that will enable shorting of iotas
- Withhold announcements until most of the speculators sell

Looks like a good plan, doesn't it?

I would completely ignore market behavior and also price of IOTA. Just give a shit and release whenever and where ever it suits you best. To try to outsmart markets and speculators isnt worth any decisions you wouldnt have done otherwise.
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
Claimed and donated.

Do not panic in advance someone will wait for more user friendly client, someone will donate via sending tokens to foundation wallet.

My heart hurts, if I hear, they hired 3 persons and they didn't get a frontend yet. Were they payed in advance? OMG...
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
May 29, 2016, 11:39:54 AM
2. i get a nullpointerexception, if I claim iotas (0.9.15 Macos 10.10.5 Java 1.8.0_92)
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at iri.API$Request.process(API.java:201)
at iri.API$Request$1.completed(API.java:100)
at iri.API$Request$1.completed(API.java:82)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeUnchecked(Invoker.java:126)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeDirect(Invoker.java:157)
at sun.nio.ch.UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.implRead(UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:553)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:276)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:297)
at java.nio.channels.AsynchronousSocketChannel.read(AsynchronousSocketChannel.java:420)
at iri.API$Request.(API.java:82)
at iri.API$1.completed(API.java:31)
at iri.API$1.completed(API.java:24)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker$2.run(Invoker.java:218)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl$1.run(AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl.java:112)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

try this nostalgia: http://188.138.57.93/nostalgia.html

sorry, but I don't input my seed in an IP webpage. I normally don't even do it on any non final versions. This was a one time try and I feel bad with it already. Get it final and I will donate as I promised.
There is aso no possibility to put funds for "the deal".
I guess such kind of transactions should be normal transactions to given addresses instead of putting it into frontends.

you should download the nostalgia.html and replace the old one in the IRI folder  Smiley
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
May 29, 2016, 11:38:15 AM

Weighted average donation % is 3.2 (not 5), this means that funding goal won't be reached.

Thanks CfB. But 2 things are missing here:
-Later Buyers like Mr. BigIOTA which will donate from their funds they have bought from ICO Investors
-The Guys that will be spent their sales proceed from "Big Deal" for spending for Foundation
legendary
Activity: 1344
May 29, 2016, 11:36:31 AM
Claimed and donated.

Do not panic in advance someone will wait for more user friendly client, someone will donate via sending tokens to foundation wallet.
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:34:30 AM
2. i get a nullpointerexception, if I claim iotas (0.9.15 Macos 10.10.5 Java 1.8.0_92)
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at iri.API$Request.process(API.java:201)
at iri.API$Request$1.completed(API.java:100)
at iri.API$Request$1.completed(API.java:82)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeDirect(Invoker.java:157)
at sun.nio.ch.UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.implRead(UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:553)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:276)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:297)
at java.nio.channels.AsynchronousSocketChannel.read(AsynchronousSocketChannel.java:420)
at iri.API$Request.(API.java:82)
at iri.API$1.completed(API.java:31)
at iri.API$1.completed(API.java:24)
at sun.nio.ch.Invoker$2.run(Invoker.java:218)
at sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl$1.run(AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl.java:112)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

try this nostalgia: http://188.138.57.93/nostalgia.html

sorry, but I don't input my seed in an IP webpage. I normally don't even do it on any non final versions. This was a one time try and I feel bad with it already. Get it final and I will donate as I promised.
There is aso no possibility to put funds for "the deal".
I guess such kind of transactions should be normal transactions to given addresses instead of putting it into frontends.
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:32:09 AM
ETA on launch?

31st of May for version 1.0.0, but the launch is supposed to be later. Also I need extra days to implement countermeasure for http://arxiv.org/pdf/1605.07524v1.pdf.
legendary
Activity: 1246
May 29, 2016, 11:30:30 AM
ETA on launch?
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:28:04 AM

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
May 29, 2016, 11:26:51 AM
legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:17:52 AM
i am just stating the truth. and that is just one of the strategies. game theories at work you know.

I think those who own iotas should decide themselves what they need. Some may be completely comfortable with quiting Iota once its tokens can be sold on exchanges, as long as the price is above the purchase price they lose nothing. I don't think that those who are interested in long-term success of Iota should donate more to cover donations not made by the others.

I suggest to do the following:
- Release Iota right before Bitcoin pump caused by the halving
- In the first hand support those exchanges that will enable shorting of iotas
- Withhold announcements until most of the speculators sell

Looks like a good plan, doesn't it?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
May 29, 2016, 10:57:35 AM
Jump to: