Author

Topic: IOTA - page 552. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
May 30, 2016, 03:22:48 AM

Why are you asking for donations on a testnet ?
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
May 30, 2016, 03:21:23 AM
i don't want to donate a single IOTA to the foundation, is it possible?

Of course, it's a 100% free choice. If not enough donations come in, then the foundation does not happen at all.

and if foundation does not happen, what then? Does IOTA continue?

Yes, but no further engagement from CfB, David, Stas or Dominik Schiener. It's than completely up to the community to develop and marketing IOTA further. One hope is of course, CfB and David need a working IOTA as Software for Jinn. So I expect it will be silent but still somehow developed.

I still have the opinion that a solution like Lisk and Waves have done, would have been the better one (put premine aside for the foundation).
But because that is not possible I will donate now more than I have entered in the Excel sheet to make the foundation happen.
legendary
Merit: 1009
May 30, 2016, 03:20:44 AM
I have a problem with a transfer real IOTA, not testnet.

26/may @bitme(CIOTA) has sent me this transfer:
71155993600 IOTA to WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO

when I opened the wallet IRI-0. 9. 15 + Nostalgia, and shows me the amount I am willing to donate, I have seen that I have not received such a transfer.

I have consulted and responded CFB me:
It's testnet, some transactions can (and were) cancelled.

A few weeks ago I received a transfer of @child_harold smoothly

I want to know how we should proceed @Bitme and me.

1.-Bitme Receive back the funds?
2.-when we can make the transfer without danger of cancellation?

I have little IOTA and I would not lose. Very thanks!

I see 71155993600 sent to WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO. Maybe you use another seed? Try to generate few new addresses, is one of them WMWSMLA...DAOMILSGSNKO?
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
May 30, 2016, 03:16:41 AM

71155993600 IOTA to WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO

when I opened the wallet IRI-0. 9. 15 + Nostalgia, and shows me the amount I am willing to donate, I have seen that I have not received such a transfer.

I think somehow all transactions before 0.9.13 have been rolled back. So it´s like the transaction from child harold to you has never happend
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
May 30, 2016, 02:56:48 AM

Of course, it's a 100% free choice. If not enough donations come in, then the foundation does not happen at all.

and if foundation does not happen, what then? Does IOTA continue?
Activity: 822
Merit: 531
May 30, 2016, 02:45:19 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 12:00:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
May 29, 2016, 11:01:11 PM

I don't mind technical problems and delays, I've been waiting at least 3 months for a GUI that is easy and user friendly to transfer IOTA to bigiotabig and to donate to the foundation (or the big deal - both projects, mind you, that are more or less opaque operations which I have little information on).

The really frustrating part is that this thing is probably really important and can actually work. It's the only reason I'm still here 5+ months in waiting for a GUI to make simple transfers and will still donate to the foundation if the opportunity presents itself in a more transparent manner.

This!

+2

I can relate to this ...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
May 29, 2016, 09:09:06 PM

I don't mind technical problems and delays, I've been waiting at least 3 months for a GUI that is easy and user friendly to transfer IOTA to bigiotabig and to donate to the foundation (or the big deal - both projects, mind you, that are more or less opaque operations which I have little information on).

The really frustrating part is that this thing is probably really important and can actually work. It's the only reason I'm still here 5+ months in waiting for a GUI to make simple transfers and will still donate to the foundation if the opportunity presents itself in a more transparent manner.

This!

+2
Activity: 179
May 29, 2016, 08:34:20 PM

This!
Activity: 173
May 29, 2016, 08:33:47 PM

certainly : )
Activity: 203
May 29, 2016, 08:00:52 PM
When will donation window close?

I think there will be no time frame but it would be better if everyone can donate to the foundation before launch.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
May 29, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
When will donation window close?
Activity: 332
Merit: 252
May 29, 2016, 07:30:42 PM
The new version now allows IOTA 0.9.15 to donate only for the foundation
Please made donation to the foundation now for the time we collected 7%.
When you launched your wallet and inserted your password, you'll see a popup telling you to put a percentage between 0% and 33%.
Put yours percentage follow the steps and wait for confirmation from another popup (I would say 20 minutes it takes to get the confirmation)

You have a tutorial to windws here : http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/tuto4noobo-how-run-iota-0-9-15-in-windows/322/1

if you have problem I am available via PM BTT in the IOTA IOTA chat and forum

Again the Foundation need you, let's solidarity!!!

Lien: http://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-testing-of-0-9-15-has-commenced/274/1
                 use this Nostalgia for donate plz http://188.138.57.93/nostalgia.html
                 http://chat.iotatoken.com/

Sorry for my Bad english again!!  Cheesy Kiss Kiss

Happy to donate once I figure out how to do this with a Mac OSX.

I tried the instructions in the forum, but when I open nostalgia there is no 'Claim IOTAs' button
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
May 29, 2016, 06:49:28 PM

What i still find unanswered: why no donations per BTC to the Foundation?

legendary
Merit: 1009
May 29, 2016, 06:44:08 PM
ICO funds used for two things:

1) Development of IOTA that has been ongoing since late July
2) Development of Jinn processor project

Pretty simple.

And taxes...
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 29, 2016, 06:41:52 PM
yes, because the first "donation" was not an "investment" (as they insist), so, yes, I have already donated at the start of this soap opera  Roll Eyes

If you remember that thread we insisted it was a purchase of software licenses. You confuse with Lisk.

if donations will be used for foundation, what were ICO funds used for?

if people understand and accept answer to above, all the heat should disappear

ICO funds used for two things:

1) Development of IOTA that has been ongoing since late July
2) Development of Jinn processor project

Pretty simple.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
May 29, 2016, 06:04:47 PM
yes, because the first "donation" was not an "investment" (as they insist), so, yes, I have already donated at the start of this soap opera  Roll Eyes

If you remember that thread we insisted it was a purchase of software licenses. You confuse with Lisk.

if donations will be used for foundation, what were ICO funds used for?

if people understand and accept answer to above, all the heat should disappear
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
May 29, 2016, 06:01:50 PM
nope nope. no blackmailing please.
i am just stating the truth. and that is just one of the strategies. game theories at work you know.

I think those who own iotas should decide themselves what they need. Some may be completely comfortable with quiting Iota once its tokens can be sold on exchanges, as long as the price is above the purchase price they lose nothing. I don't think that those who are interested in long-term success of Iota should donate more to cover donations not made by the others.

I suggest to do the following:
- Release Iota right before Bitcoin pump caused by the halving
- In the first hand support those exchanges that will enable shorting of iotas
- Withhold announcements until most of the speculators sell

Looks like a good plan, doesn't it?

CfB's plan is better Smiley
Activity: 125
May 29, 2016, 05:28:46 PM
so 64bit is required generally?
and the wallet won`t run with 32bit?

Some people managed to run it on 32 bits, now I don't have time for figuring out how they did that.

I will find a solution Smiley
thanks for your fast reply CFB
greetings
Jump to: