Author

Topic: IOTA - page 550. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 627
Merit: 500
May 30, 2016, 08:50:40 AM
I'm willing to allocate 5% of my total funds via a pre-mine as well.
rtrt

edit/ps. one thing that still looks bad is that IOTA is said not to be an investment and it's just "software", but then the foundation is being funded only via this vehicle which is not supposed to be equity and/or cash. This is a bit like microsoft asking for donations in windows 95 cd roms only. Still think an option for BTC/ETH/etc donation should be made possible.

I agree, a 5% premine would suit me fine.

Agree. It´s the best solution.

Yeah, but it's too late. ICO with other conditions was done. Now we have to deal with it.
Agree with you, a deal is a deal!!  Smiley

Now lets go for donate to foundation!!  Cool  (if you can of course)  Wink

Yes as I said I would mean the rules have to be changed a bit. I don't see a big problem.
Again things change, it is how you deal with these changes.

A lot of Iota holders are not very comfortable, this is what is holding up the donations.

I think there are 2 options to speed up the process:
- 5% 'premine'
or
- Iota qt client for easy sending the tokens

I have not problem for other solution, just i afraid reaction people, if rules change!!  Undecided
I want the good for IOTA!!  Cool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
May 30, 2016, 08:47:59 AM
The idea behind a no premine is great.

But things can change along the way, no big deal imo.

Lets just do a 5% premine, no hastle everybody donates the same, small or big holder. It is in everybodies best interest.

I think it also will have a positive effect, since it will mean moving forward.

We are all part of this great project. I think if more that 50% wants a premine, lets do it and move on.
Yes, I definitely agree with you
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
May 30, 2016, 08:46:35 AM

Yeah, but it's too late. ICO with other conditions was done. Now we have to deal with it.
Agree with you, a deal is a deal!!  Smiley

Now lets go for donate to foundation!!  Cool  (if you can of course)  Wink

Yes as I said I would mean the rules have to be changed a bit. I don't see a big problem.
Again things change, it is how you deal with these changes.

A lot of Iota holders are not very comfortable, this is what is holding up the donations.

I think there are 2 options to speed up the process:
- 5% 'premine'
or
- Iota qt client for easy sending the tokens

I have not problem for other solution, just i afraid reaction people, if rules change!!  Undecided
I want the good for IOTA!!  Cool
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
May 30, 2016, 08:42:45 AM
Are you really talking here now that there is impossible to cut 5% of your share to fund IOTA promotion  Huh

I'll donate my 5%, but a lot wont, and it'll be messy and painful, and maybe we don't reach the target and IOTA implodes. Plenty will try and free-ride, and we're all victims of the tragedy of the commons now.

If a community decides something is needed, like hospitals, schools, roads, law courts etc they work out how much it will cost, then they devise a 'fair' and efficient system of compulsory taxation to raise that amount of money. That's the best way. Donation based funding models are much harder.

A 5% premine isn't such a bad thing IMO
Activity: 714
May 30, 2016, 08:38:21 AM
if the community decides they'll rather use the nxt approach, then that is their free choice. We offer the foundation movement as an option and the community will vote on it with donations, if enough donations is not achieved it won't happen.

ICO that didn't raise enough for ongoing development, followed by a foundation & donation funding model that leads to bitterness and people leaving ... hate to tell you iotatoken but it looks like YOU already decided on the NXT approach for everyone else already

why didn't you just add a 5% premine?

will there be an IOTA 2.0 once you realise the error?

The software sale was to fund IOTA development until launch.

No one is bitter here, we're creating revolutionary technology that we need for our visions, if community decide on another vision that is entirely up to the community.

But obviously we've witnessed the Nxt approach, so I urge people to make a sane choice, but it's still a choice, that's the point. WE don't force anyone, IOTA is all about participation, it's not a free ride.

The reason we didn't add a premine has been explained ad nauseam: to prevent the bystander effect from kicking in. IOTA is an open source movement that is about participation. If we had allocated a premine then we expect less participation from the community due to the perception that "it's already being taken care of".

If IOTA foundation is not established and the community goes in another direction from what we need then we'll most likely just team up with the companies we have lined up on a consortium. We'd prefer to not have to take this approach though, as we got so much momentum already in the IOTA community, but at the end of the day we created IOTA for IoT tech stack that we need, so that's our goal. IOTA is not some random political movement or speculator game, it's a technology.
legendary
Activity: 1092
May 30, 2016, 08:37:10 AM
The idea behind a no premine is great.

But things can change along the way, no big deal imo.

Lets just do a 5% premine, no hastle everybody donates the same, small or big holder. It is in everybodies best interest.

I think it also will have a positive effect, since it will mean moving forward.

We are all part of this great project. I think if more that 50% wants a premine, lets do it and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1344
May 30, 2016, 08:33:29 AM
Are you really talking here now that there is impossible to cut 5% of your share to fund IOTA promotion  Huh
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
May 30, 2016, 08:29:41 AM
if the community decides they'll rather use the nxt approach, then that is their free choice. We offer the foundation movement as an option and the community will vote on it with donations, if enough donations is not achieved it won't happen.

ICO that didn't raise enough for ongoing development, followed by a foundation & donation funding model that leads to bitterness and people leaving ... hate to tell you iotatoken but it looks like YOU already decided on the NXT approach for everyone else already

why didn't you just add a 5% premine?

will there be an IOTA 2.0 once you realise the error?
www.iota.org
May 30, 2016, 08:19:08 AM
It is still possible to deduct 5% from all in Tangle.

It's impossible.
If the iotas are claimed, we can make donation and than it's stored in Tangle. Is it really impossible to deduct anyway one sum? imo that would be pity.

Maybe we can vote for it just to clarify who is agreed with it and then find a way for positive decision?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 30, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
It is still possible to deduct 5% from all in Tangle.

It's impossible.
legendary
Activity: 1205
May 30, 2016, 08:12:45 AM
How would you describe your goal?

Creation of IoT industry backbone for better expansion of Jinn and preparation of the foundation for the future projects.

More future projects...?!  Shocked Exciting times!  Grin

Activity: 492
May 30, 2016, 08:11:14 AM
I also agree. So it would be better for all. It is still possible to deduct 5% from all in Tangle. Then we could solve this problem quickly and go forward.

Also agree.
www.iota.org
May 30, 2016, 08:09:20 AM
I'm also agree. So it would be better for all. It is still possible to deduct 5% from all in Tangle. Then we could solve this problem quickly and go forward.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 07:55:43 AM
I think the problem is that for the 2nd transfer have given the same Address, but my intention was to have all my IOTA at the same address

Claim iotas again if they haven't appeared. In the worst case you'll get your share doubled.
Activity: 714
May 30, 2016, 07:55:20 AM
We can also go the same way as wikipedia (or other foundations) - gathering funds every year.

I'm looking at https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/

Amount Raised: $214,267
Goal: $1,250,000
Donors: 431

And it's also possible to get help from IOT companies using IOTA.

May be David's approach all or nothing is too hardcore - how about this: run foundation until there is funds. If there is no funds - nobody work at foundation.

You know, view this more like funding multiple projects under foundation, not just regular job.

Stas (probably foundation member) is, for example, in Wings project. He will never spend 100% of his time on IOTA.

Indeed in the long run the plan is to have IoT companies fund the foundation as they will be members of it.

And yes, I'm very uncompromising when it comes to this due to the fact that I only have 365 days per year, I will not spend them on futile efforts. We created IOTA because it's a part of the IoT stack needed for those visions. The tech works. If the IOTA community is incapable of funding the foundation efforts after all this time then I will not be sticking around to spend several hours daily on the effort and instead move onto another strategy to enable this aspect of IoT with companies. Everyone else is free to choose their strategy, if the community decides they'll rather use the nxt approach, then that is their free choice. We offer the foundation movement as an option and the community will vote on it with donations, if enough donations is not achieved it won't happen.

Stas is not a foundation member due to his other duties, but he's still an active community member. Every foundation member must have a certain amount of dedicated hours per week, it's the first requirement, the actual foundation will be ran very strictly in this regard to ensure that the momentum keeps growing and doesn't come to a halt.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 07:52:22 AM

Creation of IoT industry backbone for better expansion of Jinn and preparation of the foundation for the future projects.
Activity: 822
Merit: 531
May 30, 2016, 07:50:48 AM
@Come-from-Beyond thanks for your help.

I see 71155993600 sent to WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO. Maybe you use another seed? Try to generate few new addresses, is one of them WMWSMLA...DAOMILSGSNKO?

I explain the whole story
1. March 18, with a seed, generated a address in
http://collect.iotatoken.com/
the address is:
WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO
hereinafter AddressW

2. March 20, @child_harold sends me a transfer of 20000 IOTA to AddressW
This is the code:
{"address": "WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO", "partialBalances": [{"value": "20000000000000", "persistence": 100}]}

AddressW appears in the new block genesis with 20000 IOTA

3. April 17, Technical update . AddressW happens to have a balance of  55 590 620 000 IOTA

4. May 27, @Bitme makes this transfer to AddressW:
71155993600 IOTA to WMWSMLAJOZBWFJ9SOUGS9RCZXBPFKHVOHE9JHF9YEECQTKKUCUFADGLUHKGKFBKFWSMBCDAOMILSGSN KO

5. 29 May I enter wallet IRI-0.9.15 + Nostalgia with Point 1 seed
it appears AddressW
click Claim IOTA and after donate 1%, the message is :
Donated 555906200 of 55590620000 iotas

I think the problem is that for the 2nd transfer have given the same Address, but my intention was to have all my IOTA at the same address
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
May 30, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 1205
May 30, 2016, 07:48:12 AM
And stop using the word speculator like it means childmolester or something.
I bougt iota after the ico and yes i speculate on this purchase to make my financial sitution better in the long run one way or the other. I don't feel guilty for that.  i would also donate some in the future when there is some price stability. no problem.

Noone says you should feel guilty, but our goals are different and I prefer if you sell in the beginning so other people with goals similar to mine will replace you. Nothing personal, just business.

Activity: 763
May 30, 2016, 07:46:52 AM
Agreed.
Jump to: