Author

Topic: IOTA - page 682. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
February 04, 2016, 10:22:08 PM
I am not qualified to weigh in on the technical side

My point exactly. Who among us is? Like maybe two guys. Ridiculous. This is utter nonsense.

Here:

ball park eta til you have something in the wild?

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

I always thought eta was estimated time of arrival. I always thought the definition of ballpark was "a non specific general guess".

You and your sockpuppets aren't funny anymore. Come on seriously stop it guy(s). It was funny at first. This coin is not going to go live
when there are technical, optimization, and/or security related issues on the table just to satisfy a small stake holder.

Yes we all know what an ETA is.

I use an account Wanderlust when Im afk. Thats all

To reply: I have always thought the phrase "By Christmas" as meaning by Christmas.

And Christmas came up many times btw:

Any ETA for first release?

~Christmas

I believe I'm vindicated and that genesis be initiated.

Bye. Sorry to see you go.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2016, 10:04:30 PM

My point exactly. Who among us is? Like maybe two guys. Ridiculous. This is utter nonsense.

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

I always thought eta was estimated time of arrival. I always thought the definition of ballpark was "a non specific general guess".

You and your sockpuppets aren't funny anymore. Come on seriously stop it guy(s). It was funny at first. This coin is not going to go live
when there are technical, optimization, and/or security related issues on the table just to satisfy a small stake holder.

Yes we all know what an ETA is.

I use an account Wanderlust when Im afk. Thats all

To reply: I have always thought the phrase "By Christmas" as meaning by Christmas.

And Christmas came up many times btw:

Any ETA for first release?

~Christmas

I believe I'm vindicated and that genesis be initiated.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 04, 2016, 09:57:17 PM

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry

February 04, 2016, 09:35:34 PM

Here:

By Christmas.

Where did I go wrong?

Angry
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
February 04, 2016, 09:31:49 PM
Oh please, STFU already... babbling on and on. We already heard you. You don't like the wait, then get the heck out - sell your share(s). You're just making noise and no one here gives a crap about your position or how much of IOTA you want to convert to ETH.

---------------------

The obvious answer to the proposed delay is SECURITY over user convenience - do not release without the proper tests in place. All things considered, I rather the protocol be as polished as possible and as secure as possible - all else we can deal with on a "as it happens" basis.

Not interested in 1-2 month ROI, I'm interested on year 5-10 ROI and protocol stability/use.  

I guess you were not part of the Etherum sale.

I wsa and screw you complete dick. There is no fucking comparison. They were clear .CfB was not.

@CfB: Do what you said you were going to do. Before I lose my goddamned mind just do it. Be a good chap. This is me being nice. Thanks
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
February 04, 2016, 09:29:12 PM
I am not qualified to weigh in on the technical side of this, but I will vote for a delay to optimize or enhance. Six months from now, no one will remember whether it was launched on time or with several days' or a week's delay.
February 04, 2016, 09:15:20 PM

I wsa and screw you complete dick. There is no fucking comparison. They were clear .CfB was not.

@CfB: Do what you said you were going to do. Before I lose my goddamned mind just do it. Be a good chap. This is me being nice. Thanks

Activity: 840
February 04, 2016, 09:07:18 PM
Dude.

I will hold some long-term,

but relying on me and people like me to make highly sophisticated technical decisions at short notice is not the way forward.

you are the guru and you lead the way. So,

Lead Us

Heh, these were not technical questions, I just asked what features you'd like to see in Iota. Regarding leading, I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

OK

I guess I am the only guy here who actually thought that when you raised nearly $500,000 you had a product ready to go. I could easily quote material which would have led to this conclusion.
You raised the funds on the basis you had been working on this for a year
I am dumbfounded that at this stage you come to the community to ask these technical Q's
And yes they are technical

Less is more.

PS what company?

February 04, 2016, 09:02:32 PM
^thank you so much - you have no idea. i need sleep and at least YOU GET IT

thanks

EDIT: dammit thats a good post - good for you. seriously.

@CfB - you want community? you got it.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
February 04, 2016, 09:00:15 PM
This is a very valuable discussion.

I can understand both sides, but the general direction where this is heading worries me.

@IOTA Team, when you guys anounced the crowdsale, you made implications that IOTA was pretty fucking close to beeing ready to launch
and said that we can expect beta before christmas, now the release date for beta was postponed many times, today is febuary 5th and there
is no useable version of IOTA released ( no I dont consider 0.3.0 usable, unless you can figure out how to build a vaild transaction just by looking at the undocumented,
unannotated source code, you really cant expect that )

People not only gave you half a million USD but also gave you shitloads of trust.
Trust in you, your team, your company, your product.

Can you not understand that that trust becomes a bit fragile when you fail to meet expections set by yourself?
 - You said IOTA was close to being lauched, now you ask how basic things should be implemented.
 - repeatedly postponing release dates.

Can you not understand that that trust becomes a bit fragile considering that the general management of this project is unprofessional?
 - I signed up for the email newsletter, never got an email
 - http://collect.iotatoken.com/ TO THIS DAY shows outdated information, you said you were going to change that multiple times.
 - I said this before - no streamlined way of communication - where can i find updates and information? here? ryver? twitter? email? outdated collect.iotatoken website? not even once updated iotatoken website?
 - David once said this is because it is better to have people seek information themselfes, I agree, but if you continue running this project this way people will just stop giving a shit.

How can you look at how the IOTA community is loosing trust and faith In you and not think "Well, thats a little bit our fault"

And then you dare to say things like

right now the level of involvement is pretty upsetting.

Try to take a wild guess as to why.

You should be happy the community has been so patient with you.

But hey, whatever, its not like you actually care about the community and IOTA beeing a great product

I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

If thats truly all you are then what happens after IOTA is released?
Will your poisition change from "lead dev" to "senior i dont give a shit anymore developer" ?

Honestly I am rather dissapointed.
Dosnt mean i have lost all faith in IOTA, just means I want to point out things that could have been done better.
This all boils down to failure of communication, communicate in a more professional, clear, unambiguous way
this could become the best crypto currency and crypto currency community ever.

February 04, 2016, 08:58:52 PM
I have no memory of anyone saying iota was finished prior to crowd sale.

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Calm yo-self, sir!

Very well respected community members, and what of this:

By Christmas.

The phrase "in the wild" means only one thing. Is IOTA in the wild? No.

And there are more.

Yes the project should be made as good as possible.
No, the release time dates were not accurate .

What can I say? Somebody screwed up I guess?

Activity: 589
February 04, 2016, 08:54:03 PM

I'm fine. Just take time do it to make a possible better Iota.
February 04, 2016, 08:46:59 PM
Remember the early days of NXT on Bitcointalk? So many technical, complex issues discussed by the community and hardly anyone talking about price. It's an amazing piece of work. I thought IOTA would be like that, but a lot of people here are too interested in a quick ROI for having done nothing but participate in the sale.
There's always going to be people like that nothing you can do. Just ignore them. They contribute nothing and are only thinking of themselves.

Isn't it obvious people like that don't care. He wants it out the door now to sell the promise of a bitcoin killer to dump at big profit.
It matters not to him if IOTA is broken. Clearly he demonstrated that. Just ignore him. Ignore everybody, including me.
February 04, 2016, 08:39:49 PM
I have no memory of anyone saying iota was finished prior to crowd sale.

Purpose of the crowdsale

Development. The crowdsale funds will be used for further development and finalization of the IOTA software as well as development of the Jinn hardware processor which will strengthen and help bootstrap the network in its growing phase. Additionally funds will be used on marketing efforts to help nurture the growth of the IOTA network and  community.

Calm yo-self, sir!

Activity: 386
February 04, 2016, 08:37:53 PM
Remember the early days of NXT on Bitcointalk? So many technical, complex issues discussed by the community and hardly anyone talking about price. It's an amazing piece of work. I thought IOTA would be like that, but a lot of people here are too interested in a quick ROI for having done nothing but participate in the sale.
Activity: 378
February 04, 2016, 08:33:01 PM

You do realize it will take weeks (potentially longer) for Iota to get on an exchange.  We need a stable client with no major bugs. 

I really like the idea of having an account, like ETH and Nxt, (reusable address) my vote is go in that direction.

I completely agree. The convenience of reusable addresses far out ways the extra few days wait. The functionality of IOTA should most definitely come ahead of how soon we can sell it on an exchange! Make the change cfb.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
February 04, 2016, 08:31:53 PM
"Just take the option that should work better for IOTA."

+1
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
February 04, 2016, 08:07:52 PM

You do realize it will take weeks (potentially longer) for Iota to get on an exchange.  We need a stable client with no major bugs. 

I really like the idea of having an account, like ETH and Nxt, (reusable address) my vote is go in that direction.
February 04, 2016, 07:50:24 PM

And because 2 investors are nervous to sell and are here flaming, dont do what they said, because there have been many more who silently said they just want the best option for iota.

really? the only thing making me nervous is CfB, as of earlier today.

CfB raised  $1/2 million last xmas because he had something. where is it? and why are we dicking around with technical details in early Feb?
February 04, 2016, 07:48:41 PM
Dude.

I will hold some long-term,

but relying on me and people like me to make highly sophisticated technical decisions at short notice is not the way forward.

you are the guru and you lead the way. So,

Lead Us

Heh, these were not technical questions, I just asked what features you'd like to see in Iota. Regarding leading, I'm just a hired coder in a company that created Iota.

OK

I guess I am the only guy here who actually thought that when you raised nearly $500,000 you had a product ready to go. I could easily quote material which would have led to this conclusion.
You raised the funds on the basis you had been working on this for a year
I am dumbfounded that at this stage you come to the community to ask these technical Q's
And yes they are technical

Less is more.

PS what company?

Jump to: