Pages:
Author

Topic: Is banking still important in the bitcoin era? - page 4. (Read 2260 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
in the future era will probably not be necessary, because we store bitcoin in the wallet. wallet we can also call the bank. but in the present era, banks are still indispensable, because we do withdraw cash still using conventional banks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 15
Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?
Banks will always stay even if we really are in the bitcoin era. Banks plays a vital role in every countries economy. They extend loans to individuals and companies alike, a  very function which bitcoin can not outplay.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Apps Development Automation Platform
Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?
of course, we still need bank. Bank is very important for our economy, bank help the government in driving the economic market.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time

although in the future bitcoin will become a universal digital currency. I think bitcoin can not replace bank functions. banks are financial institutions that provide credit loans to customers who need them. and banks as well as institutions authorized to distribute the salaries of civil servants and where we pay taxes. if the bank does not exist how we will do it all ?. bitcoins and banks have different functions that can support each other.
Banks are indeed strong and they have a lot of supporters including the government which can help them to get rid of the cryptocurrencies if the cryptocurrencies will try to cross the line so i think that the it is not enough for us to expect to replace the bank institutions because it will not succeed and we should just make the cryptocurrencies as an option and not like a primary replacement.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

although in the future bitcoin will become a universal digital currency. I think bitcoin can not replace bank functions. banks are financial institutions that provide credit loans to customers who need them. and banks as well as institutions authorized to distribute the salaries of civil servants and where we pay taxes. if the bank does not exist how we will do it all ?. bitcoins and banks have different functions that can support each other.
Activity: 50
Banking and bitcoin/cryptocurrency are not mutually exclusive. In the future, I believe the success of blockchain can cause baks to incorporate the blockchain technology into their banking operations. That will be the moment when cryptocurrencies be used by most corporate businesses.

Considering the amont of corporate blockchain projects we see recently this prediction will most likely be reality very soon
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
Banking and bitcoin/cryptocurrency are not mutually exclusive. In the future, I believe the success of blockchain can cause baks to incorporate the blockchain technology into their banking operations. That will be the moment when cryptocurrencies be used by most corporate businesses.
Activity: 812
Of course bank is still important even we have a high technology now banks is important especially to some people don't know about crypto and businesses that need banks to store there money for their businesses.
Activity: 378
I think the role of banks is always important and can never be replaced with anything, even though everyone controls transactions with bitcoin but business and industry will always rely on banks for costs and capital.
For me banks will always be important even in the bitcoin era because i believe that banks will never be replaced by bitcoin, and i am confident that a lot of people in this word will still support banks bevause banks is trusted and also secured.
Activity: 344
Of course. Banks manage real money in and out. So banks are still in need among everyone. Banks can manage some important aspects of real money. So of course in the bitcoin era, banks will continue to be used for real money. That's just my opinion.
Activity: 326
Merit: 104
Santa Coin
Yes incredibly important in today's age yet. And they will always be relevant as long as we live as long as they take the proper precautions. If they resist the new age and don't implement any crypto into their platform, then I believe slowly those banks will die. The banks that adapt will survive, and at the same time they will put pressure on other banks to adapt. I believe we will have an amalgmation of crypto world and traditional world in banks in less than 5 years time.
Activity: 308
Merit: 3
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
yes, banks are still very important for some people. but I think every bank if  wants to survive in the digital age, they must to use some crypto platform that support to do transaction.

because slowly, the public has begun aware the world of crypto and digital. so in the end if the bank does not innovate, then the public will leave the bank.
Some people are banks still important, but in general the demand for banks today is declining. Because banks are only suitable for those who want to be safe and risky. They dare not invest in the Crypto market because they are afraid of high risk of losing money. So come to the bank they will have a steady income and do not worry about anything.
Activity: 49
I think its first important to define what a bank is/does. There are many types of banks and they all serve different functions, although recently there has been a convergence of these functions.

Banks, for the most part take money in one way or another, and allocate it where they think it is best suited. We see this core function still happening throughout the crypto world. There are countless ICOs that raises capital and distributes it to startups using their protocol, blockchain, or network, essentially acting as an investment bank for its own ecosystem.

So fundamentally i think banking will continue as long as surpluses exist and people would rather put those resources to use than let them sit idle, it is simply the actors and nature of how business is conducted that changes.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
Even in the bitcoin era, banks will find ways to rob the public and make a profit: they will not allow someone to take their power off.
Activity: 23
At this point in time yes banking is still important but in the near future I don't think so because by then more individuals will be more educated about cryptocurrencies and utilized them for their daily use. Hopefully by then, the corporates and regulators would've jumped into cryptocurrency bandwagon.
I know Grin it's wishful thinking but we will never know Huh could be a possiblitiy 
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I think yes, if speak about today, because this era in not the today case, but when whole world will be crypto, we`ll see then.
Activity: 504
Yes banking is still important in the bitcoin era because we can use it especially for our withdrawal from cryptocurrency to fiat. Most of the people as of now doesn't know about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and they know is bank for their savings and withdrawal.

It will be impossible to live in a developed society without the system of banks. I agree that the digital money is something new, and maybe even more convenient but the crypto is not for everybody.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
If bitcoin marketcap continues to increase and reaches at least 500 $ trillion and daily transactions reaching over 100 $ trillion then it is certain that banks are useless because everyone will choose bitcoin.

Banks will always exists and not everyone in your country is educated or have the internet access. So it is quite simple that not every one in the country can use the btc but banking everyone uses it irrespective of educated or not. Not every one understand technology too for that matter.

bitcoin user population still in small number right now.so if we talk about bitcoin era, bank still could be survive although crypto marketcap being bigger time by time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
If bitcoin marketcap continues to increase and reaches at least 500 $ trillion and daily transactions reaching over 100 $ trillion then it is certain that banks are useless because everyone will choose bitcoin.
but i dont think the government will remain silent at the time it will happen. as in my country bitcoin regulation is difficult, a lot of pros and cons, and of course the government think about the fate of banks with the number of workers in it
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
In a couple years, banks will have to adjust to the new reality. In fact, some are already doing it.

But banking institutions will never fade, as along as we live in this kind of society/economy.

Both companies and individuals will still need financing and that can only be done by banks.
Pages:
Jump to: