Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold?? - page 30. (Read 6311 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 30, 2018, 07:18:39 PM
It is very cool to describe Bitcoin as a digital gold. Besides, most people have started even moving their investments away from gold and trying it on Bitcoin.
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 07:02:24 PM
If we are going to base on its value, we can say that it is big enough as gold. Because the value of bitcoin is almost like gold, it becomes more valuable like pure gold and it's incredible because only our digital numbers can't even touch it but the price is incredible. So I believe that it is considered digital gold. Thanks
Activity: 44
August 30, 2018, 06:08:33 PM
After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
I have never really considered bitcoin as a digital gold or as an easy way to get rich, I consider bitcoin to be an offspring of man's effort to make life easier, by employing technology which can end up benefiting those who invest in it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
August 30, 2018, 06:52:00 PM
Bitcoin is a transaction tool used for the internet world, not gold, but has a price level that exceeds the price of gold. Since there are not many who know or plunge into bitcoin so it is considered to have a higher level with gold.
Activity: 70
August 30, 2018, 06:35:12 PM
For example, while some Bitcoin holders may seize the opportunity to utilize Bitcoin to purchase gold, others will keep on holding onto their computerized resources. ... Generally, both gold and Bitcoin are profitable resources. In any case, gold has been a place of refuge resource for a considerable length of time.
Activity: 84
August 30, 2018, 06:25:48 PM
Lately, many are denoting so many names to the most popular coin in the crypto-space, bitcoin. I think we forgetting that Bitcoin is just bitcoin ... Nothing else.. Not even close to digital GOLD. because i think if Bitcoin were to be digital Gold it would have been referred to as Digital GOLD and not Bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
August 30, 2018, 06:19:41 PM
Not really, from the little that we know it is not, just that it values looks like that of gold. BTC is a digital currency and loves itse...lf to be as such.
Activity: 283
August 30, 2018, 06:02:51 PM
Bitcoin has a huge value for our world, so it is not surprising that it is compared with gold. But I also prefer to consider bitcoin as a currency.
Activity: 602
August 30, 2018, 05:55:11 PM
Bitcoin can be called digital gold only if you consider it as an investment vehicle. But in general I agree with you, bitcoin is the currency.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
August 30, 2018, 05:35:43 PM
Bitcoin started to be considered or presumed digital gold merely because of two things, value and scarcity, just like gold.

Perhaps it was from this point of view that people started claiming that we have found a digital gold in this era. With bitcoin capped at 21 million using a mining technique to unearth it, people started thinking how similar it was with gold. And that concept was even pushed further more as the price of bitcoin surpassed any economical expectation and made it so valuable. It was nearly the same experience when people learned that gold was deemed valuable. Those who hold pieces of gold became rich instantly.

You are right that bitcoin is meant to be a piece of tech for payments, but should it prove to be a store of value then perhaps our era did stumble upon a digital gold.
Activity: 294
August 30, 2018, 04:13:35 PM
In many ways, the tasks that need to be addressed to all of the market participants are related to the definition of the blockchain as a real financial tool.
Activity: 5
August 30, 2018, 01:07:38 PM
Many people lose large amounts of money because they see bitcoin as digital gold Sad Sad Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
August 30, 2018, 01:02:23 PM
The very notion - digital gold is very relative, because in reality there is no digital gold. Moreover, bitcoin and gold in general can not be compared with each other. Gold is always associated with a high and stable price. Bitcoin has a high cost, but about the stable price is the exact opposite of gold.
I wonder what is the opinion on this issue among people who bought bitcoin in November-December last year at a price above $ 15,000, and now bitcoin has dropped to 6,000 - 7,000 dollars. Do they think that they have acquired digital gold? Can gold fall with the price immediately more than double?
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
August 30, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
I agree with you. Bitcoin is a currency and is likely it will be the main (or one of the main) in the near future. But for many at the moment, bitcoin serves as a means of accumulation, so it is often called digital gold. All because bitcoin, like gold, has the same features: limitation, anonymity, growth in value. What makes gold and crypto currency even more similar is that bitcoins, like gold, can be mined.
But the future for new technologies. Players in the gold market are exploring blockchain technology in the context of turning gold into a digital asset. And it says a lot)

yeah true, bitcoin is cryptocurrency , more than digital gold or just way to make everyone rich very fast
bitcoin is new technology who growing in this century.... everyone knows that bitcoin can used by investment, payment and etc
Activity: 238
August 30, 2018, 12:19:12 PM
For some extent I can agree with the statement. Bitcoin is much more similar to digital gold however there will be substitute to replace bitcoin in some way !! So the statement also argumentative!  yet bitcoin holds a larger portion of crypto market share the value of it go up like gold !!
Activity: 410
August 30, 2018, 12:16:45 PM
Nowadays, a lot of bitcoin tells the government because at a price that might not be confirmed, so now we don't need to hesitate to invest in it to run according to a tense plan.
copper member
Activity: 336
August 30, 2018, 12:14:49 PM
No.
Bitcoin is decentralized virtual currency .
But many people see it as a digital gold in the crypto world.
Bitcoin is highly voltaile unlike gold.
The primary reason why Satoshi .N developed bitcoin is so that it would be used in making payments for goods and services thereby taking the burden off fiat.
Activity: 168
August 30, 2018, 12:06:17 PM
I think we can compare bitcoin to gold in the sense of their value with respect to the place they both function. In deed bitcoin can be the digital gold in crypto world and i strongly trust that.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
August 30, 2018, 12:00:23 PM
There are many similarities between bitcoin and gold, and I'm sure that the trend of using bitcoin. Technically, as a currency Bitcoin has the advantage of divisibility which makes it a better payment system unlike gold but when it comes to the store of value.
bitcoin almost similar like gold, but its value can be much more valuable than gold because price movements are subject to change so quickly. gold and bitcoin does have characteristics nearly resemble because it has the value of valuable so many people who are interested to invest in bitcoin and gold because it can provide many benefits
Activity: 82
August 30, 2018, 11:57:23 AM
BTC is digital gold for sure.
- The number of BTC is limited.
- The price of BTC varies with the trend. While people are obviously still highly interested in Bitcoin, many are turning to precious metals for a more, in a sense, secure investment.
Pages:
Jump to: