Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 82. (Read 110801 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 02, 2015, 03:18:05 PM

I still remember those days when btc was $1000 above and I was a newbie struggling for earning some bitcoins from faucets.  Those days are really  a golden one.

I still cannot understand that what is the exact reason for decrease in btc prices so low.

Not enough demand. That's the only reason that counts. General disillusionment is a factor too. It would be very interesting to see what would've happened if Gox had continued to function and China had left the market to it. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 02, 2015, 02:58:26 PM

It's in a museum now so I would say so.   Grin

I think tulip mania only lasted for maybe two years or less?  Bitcoin is still going on strong hitting year 7 and it technically won't die as long as someone hosts a NODE for it.  Still I don't see Bitcoin going anywhere since the media's FUD campaign against it is very effective.  They even resorted to lies like "Bitcoin CEO kills herself" or saying Mark Karepeles invented Bitcoin.  A lot of yellow journalism against Bitcoin.

at least now, you can say legit youre part of a historic event.

since its in a "museum" lol. This just reinforces that this can be a potential new version of the tulip mania, just lasting a bit longer.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
September 02, 2015, 01:24:46 AM

It's in a museum now so I would say so.   Grin

I think tulip mania only lasted for maybe two years or less?  Bitcoin is still going on strong hitting year 7 and it technically won't die as long as someone hosts a NODE for it.  Still I don't see Bitcoin going anywhere since the media's FUD campaign against it is very effective.  They even resorted to lies like "Bitcoin CEO kills herself" or saying Mark Karepeles invented Bitcoin.  A lot of yellow journalism against Bitcoin.

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2015, 01:18:20 AM
I think , when peoples stop comparing the bitcoins with fiat currency and use it as only bitcoin. Then there is some chance that bitcoin prices will go higher.

that can only happen when bitcoin ensures its own value in the hearts of people, and that is possible when bitcoin is given either equal importance or more preference as compared to fiat. Now that only take place when there is mass adoption and all people would want bitcoin equally as much as fiat or vice versa, which is a great scenario as compared to 'replacing' fiat completely because that is highly unlikely.

I still remember those days when btc was $1000 above and I was a newbie struggling for earning some bitcoins from faucets.  Those days are really  a golden one.

I still cannot understand that what is the exact reason for decrease in btc prices so low.

The price I remember being so low was similar when Gox existed, but even after that being gone, I think it also has a lot to do with Mining conundrum. Miners deserve more money than what they get, man. Why will they still mine then? More drama with Core vs XT and the whales constantly making their waves creating bubbles and crashes. Dayum.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
September 02, 2015, 01:05:56 AM
I think , when peoples stop comparing the bitcoins with fiat currency and use it as only bitcoin. Then there is some chance that bitcoin prices will go higher.

that can only happen when bitcoin ensures its own value in the hearts of people, and that is possible when bitcoin is given either equal importance or more preference as compared to fiat. Now that only take place when there is mass adoption and all people would want bitcoin equally as much as fiat or vice versa, which is a great scenario as compared to 'replacing' fiat completely because that is highly unlikely.

I still remember those days when btc was $1000 above and I was a newbie struggling for earning some bitcoins from faucets.  Those days are really  a golden one.

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2015, 12:19:04 AM

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
September 02, 2015, 12:03:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
September 01, 2015, 11:55:35 PM
I dont think so. In our country (philippines) bitcoin is growing really fast, and now more company are accepting bitcoin as a payment. So I wouldn't worry bit coin being dead because it wont.
Bitcoin may have a few set backs it'll rise again.

It is good here that many businesses are started accepting bitcoins. It is good news in future prices may not volatile so much
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
September 01, 2015, 11:23:34 PM
I dont think so. In our country (philippines) bitcoin is growing really fast, and now more company are accepting bitcoin as a payment. So I wouldn't worry bit coin being dead because it wont.
Bitcoin may have a few set backs it'll rise again.
Activity: 224
September 01, 2015, 10:52:49 PM
i think bitcoin can survive for decades or centuries imo
it still just facing issues now as what i can see Smiley

The only way that bitcoin could actually die would be if nobody was willing to operate the mining infrastructure. Bitcoin is not dying, it is only in its baby steps. The reason why people instantly assume that bitcoin may be dying or is dead is because of the extremely volatile price. Since the MtGox crash in 2013 the prices have been on a decline. This is purely due to the numbers coming back to where they are supposed to be.

Its taken 2 years to recover apparently.

And its still going, so I assume when we have a better exchange that helps us out or some other major adoption will help.
Activity: 168
September 01, 2015, 03:14:15 PM
Imagine the capital that needs to be solidly into bitcoin to push the price to 100 billion..... does it feel like that kind of money is running into bitcoin, or even close?  No way in hell this thing is going anywhere for a long time.

I always thought the halving will be the catalyst, however, I think the number of coins mined has nothing to do with the current price. So halving will do nothing, if anything it will tank after the halving.

There will be nothing new in bitcoin land unless bitcoin itself improves in a way that a whole lot of people will value. I see nothing on the horizon that is that type of improvement. Nothing. It will happen, but I think we are 5-10 years from anything significant changing.

Although I mostly agree with everything you said, but that last point about the lack of future significant improvements which I simply can't. The logic behind my disagreement is quite simple, that is, you never know for sure what future holds. The history always repeats itself, something entirely unexpected happens all the time...

And it seems to be the only thing which can be taken as granted...
I agree. I am sure Bitcoin will really catch on within five years time. The blockchain technology has a lot of potential and once people see the value Bitcoin has, the price will go up. Things take time to catch on though.

5 years is a awful lot of time to even bother with.

Yeah, some people are willing to wait it out. I am too, but I rather just forget bitcoin all together then, and have someone email me as a reminder to tune in then.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 01, 2015, 02:35:59 PM
Imagine the capital that needs to be solidly into bitcoin to push the price to 100 billion..... does it feel like that kind of money is running into bitcoin, or even close?  No way in hell this thing is going anywhere for a long time.

I always thought the halving will be the catalyst, however, I think the number of coins mined has nothing to do with the current price. So halving will do nothing, if anything it will tank after the halving.

There will be nothing new in bitcoin land unless bitcoin itself improves in a way that a whole lot of people will value. I see nothing on the horizon that is that type of improvement. Nothing. It will happen, but I think we are 5-10 years from anything significant changing.

Although I mostly agree with everything you said, but that last point about the lack of future significant improvements which I simply can't. The logic behind my disagreement is quite simple, that is, you never know for sure what future holds. The history always repeats itself, something entirely unexpected happens all the time...

I agree. I am sure Bitcoin will really catch on within five years time. The blockchain technology has a lot of potential and once people see the value Bitcoin has, the price will go up. Things take time to catch on though.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
September 01, 2015, 08:46:10 AM

The only way that bitcoin could actually die would be if nobody was willing to operate the mining infrastructure. Bitcoin is not dying, it is only in its baby steps. The reason why people instantly assume that bitcoin may be dying or is dead is because of the extremely volatile price. Since the MtGox crash in 2013 the prices have been on a decline. This is purely due to the numbers coming back to where they are supposed to be.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 01, 2015, 01:55:52 AM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 01, 2015, 01:40:56 AM
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
August 31, 2015, 07:35:21 PM

There will be always skeptics, even if btc hits again 1000$, they will say that its another bubble and that it will pop too and die.

$1000 is still nothing. It could be squashed flat and the rest of the world wouldn't care less at that price level.

Ok but last time it didnt even hit 1000$ it was probably 870$ or something, because the mt gox guys have manipulated the prices with fake accounts.

Plus back then there were less bitcoins.

Now if it hits 1000$ that would be a 14,556,000,000$ market cap, which is not peanuts.

Its far bigger than any other newbie project in any sort of fintech, so the world would start to grab attention by then.

After it hits 100 billion $, then it will start to be really serious.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 31, 2015, 02:12:43 PM

There will be always skeptics, even if btc hits again 1000$, they will say that its another bubble and that it will pop too and die.

$1000 is still nothing. It could be squashed flat and the rest of the world wouldn't care less at that price level.

Ok but last time it didnt even hit 1000$ it was probably 870$ or something, because the mt gox guys have manipulated the prices with fake accounts.

Plus back then there were less bitcoins.

Now if it hits 1000$ that would be a 14,556,000,000$ market cap, which is not peanuts.

Its far bigger than any other newbie project in any sort of fintech, so the world would start to grab attention by then.

After it hits 100 billion $, then it will start to be really serious.
Activity: 172
contracorriente
August 31, 2015, 02:10:24 PM
In the near future only computer and things like 3d printer will be able to make wealth, and i think bitcoin fit very well in that type of society.

So i dont think its dead, it just need time to transition, like in every big technological step   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 31, 2015, 01:33:52 PM
bitcoin is still standing strong why consider it dead though

because some people here want to buy cheap coins and spread FUD.

Would you imagine Bitcoin's price to lower down to $100? This could all be possible thanks to Bitcoin XT. If that happens, I'll buy a big sum of Bitcoins and hold them for the next increase in price.
If the price of bitcoin increase after 2 years would you keep it? Because anything can happen, so you can't say that you can keep it until the price of bitcoin goes up again.

You do have a point there. I'll just hold them until there's an increase in price (around $1000) and hopefully cash out some coins into fiat. The rest of Bitcoins would be exchanged into Nubits. They're are pegged to the value of USD and thus, it would be a good option just in case Bitcoin's price goes down (I think). Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

Yea but they are not pegged 100%, because they use a basked with like Peercoin and such.

If you really want a crypto-USD then try BITUSD, that one is really pegged to the dollar!

I know that BitUSD is an BitAsset from Bitshares. But I've never thought of it. As I can see, it is a better option than Nubits (which are not 100% pegged).

what is nubits?  yeah great idea that you will halved your coins and change it into different things such as fiat money and nubits and i don't have idea what is nubits.

Nubits is a crypto coin like Bitcoin. The only difference is that it has price stability which is pegged to the value of fiat.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
August 31, 2015, 01:24:37 PM

Pages:
Jump to: