Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 79. (Read 110801 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 12, 2015, 04:22:44 PM
As long as Bitcoin XT is along the way, Bitcoin will die (if it turns out a success)  Smiley

Bitcoin XT is already a thing of the past. Everyone is looking at BIPs to change Core but not at XT. Everyone want sto stay with Core no matter what. XT has rendered itself a massive failure and just a failed trojan horse attack. Let's hope that in the meeting to scale Bitcoin we can come to some conclusion.

In that case, that's good to hear. I hope the block size limit issue gets improved/fixed on Core. Still, Bitcoin needs to improve in order to compete with Visa which can support an average of about 2000 TPS. But that is something we might see sometime in the future  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
September 12, 2015, 04:15:28 PM
As long as Bitcoin XT is along the way, Bitcoin will die (if it turns out a success)  Smiley

Bitcoin XT is already a thing of the past. Everyone is looking at BIPs to change Core but not at XT. Everyone want sto stay with Core no matter what. XT has rendered itself a massive failure and just a failed trojan horse attack. Let's hope that in the meeting to scale Bitcoin we can come to some conclusion.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 12, 2015, 02:58:40 PM
I have never seen any good use really come from dogecoin myself either. It seems to be no different than Bitcoin other than perhaps mining is easier. Still, there are better altcoins to mine.

Dogecoin is perfect for speculation and arbitrage (buy here, sell there), though quite harsh on the cardiovascular system
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 12, 2015, 02:52:30 PM
there is an awful lot of FUD out there. Bitcoin will not go to die until a better technology comes out or a fatal vulnerability is discovered.

There is already a better technology out, yet it still hasnt died. It has a charm by being the first crypto. People wont abandon it so easily, it's like your firstborn child. Would you abandon it for another child?

what is this better technology? don't tell me ethereum or maidsafe, they are akin to a rehash of an old attempt to a decentralized internet, called freenet

I dont think those coins are really promising.

Monero has a great innovation in terms of anonymity.

Bytecoin has better security and faster and more efficient network than bitcoin in all terms.

NXT, BURST, NEM, HZ, COUNTERPARTY has a whole economy,stock market,marketplace & more integrated in a decentralized fashion.

You really want to believe all that crap? And that altcoins prices are based on innovation or utility? Lets be honest here, any altcoin can become huge for no reason in a short time, what is so innovative or good about dogecoin? Nothing, yet is always at the top of altcoins.

You touch here on a very interesting topic. That is, if there is nothing dramatically innovative (or extraordinary good) about Dogecoin, then why is it always at the top? The answer is rather straightforward, it is fast, it is simple, and it is cheap both transaction and price wise...

In short, it is pretty damn usable

Usable on what, do people buy food or things with dogecoins? Maybe a few people here and there but the majority of people that have dogecoins right now dont.
I have never seen any good use really come from dogecoin myself either. It seems to be no different than Bitcoin other than perhaps mining is easier. Still, there are better altcoins to mine.
legendary
September 12, 2015, 02:48:36 PM

Bytecoin has better security and faster and more efficient network than bitcoin in all terms.

NXT, BURST, NEM, HZ, COUNTERPARTY has a whole economy,stock market,marketplace & more integrated in a decentralized fashion.

You really want to believe all that crap? And that altcoins prices are based on innovation or utility? Lets be honest here, any altcoin can become huge for no reason in a short time, what is so innovative or good about dogecoin? Nothing, yet is always at the top of altcoins.

You touch here on a very interesting topic. That is, if there is nothing dramatically innovative (or extraordinary good) about Dogecoin, then why is it always at the top? The answer is rather straightforward, it is fast, it is simple, and it is cheap both transaction and price wise...

Usable on what, do people buy food or things with dogecoins? Maybe a few people here and there but the majority of people that have dogecoins right now dont.

Do people already buy foods or things with Bitcoin (on a large scale)? What did I miss?
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
September 12, 2015, 02:45:29 PM
there is an awful lot of FUD out there. Bitcoin will not go to die until a better technology comes out or a fatal vulnerability is discovered.

There is already a better technology out, yet it still hasnt died. It has a charm by being the first crypto. People wont abandon it so easily, it's like your firstborn child. Would you abandon it for another child?

what is this better technology? don't tell me ethereum or maidsafe, they are akin to a rehash of an old attempt to a decentralized internet, called freenet

legendary
September 12, 2015, 02:35:31 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 12, 2015, 02:27:38 PM

all altcoin, monero also, only include a small feature that differentiate them from bitcoin, they are still clone and nothing more

every features they have can be integrated easily in bitcoin, i don't see innovation as it was with bitcoin
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
September 12, 2015, 01:37:28 PM

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 12, 2015, 07:30:57 AM
i think bitcoin can survive for decades or centuries imo
it still just facing issues now as what i can see Smiley
i agree,bitcoin is here to stay for a long long time  Shocked
Yeah its 5 years old now and it will last for a decades and not only a year. Ad its our future currency and it will not be die. Don't believe to those people who say that bitcoin is dead.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 11, 2015, 11:09:35 AM
i think bitcoin can survive for decades or centuries imo
it still just facing issues now as what i can see Smiley
i agree,bitcoin is here to stay for a long long time  Shocked
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 11, 2015, 09:24:10 AM

As long as the coin evolves, it does not matter if the technology is old now.

bitcoin is open source, so it will get its required updates with time. as long as the bitcoin network is growing we don't have to worry about anything. mining farms are still popping up and are investing in renewing their equipment.
yeah and we can see theres so many newbie, so its mean that more people will now recognize what bitcoin and their curiosity will now find a way to know what is bitcoin all about and they are interested to earn money.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 11, 2015, 08:36:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 11, 2015, 07:52:53 AM
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
September 11, 2015, 07:51:05 AM
Bitcoin can only get more innovative as time goes by, I guess we need to take a more prospective point of view
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2015, 07:02:50 AM

bitcoin is open source, so it will get its required updates with time. as long as the bitcoin network is growing we don't have to worry about anything. mining farms are still popping up and are investing in renewing their equipment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 11, 2015, 06:48:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 11, 2015, 03:13:31 AM

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
September 10, 2015, 02:52:27 PM
Nopeville
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 10, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

Pages:
Jump to: