Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 78. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 16, 2015, 11:54:20 PM
bitcoin will never ever die. it will grow stronger in time Cheesy
i think bitcoin is on the way to die, no doubt bitcoin price dropping almost everyday i see in exchange. no hope, sell your coins now
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2015, 09:55:40 PM

I can't say never ever will die or not but surely it will not go so easily. Now it is quite decently established his name but some other similar online currency come up with better features and if that one accepted world wide then it may loose its strength otherwise it will continue but not sure about what will be price.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 16, 2015, 09:42:39 PM
Bitcoin isn't likely to die soon on its own.  It is possible that the price will drop, an alternate digital currency will overtake it, or it will eventually collapse.  The Blockchain technology that Bitcoin is built on is likely to prosper

Maybe Ethereum or Expanse will overtake Bitcoin in the future. So, we will be seeing the next Bitcoin in a few years. If none of this happens, Bitcoin will prevail. Just my opinion. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
September 15, 2015, 01:19:49 AM
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
September 14, 2015, 09:50:27 PM
Bitcoin isn't likely to die soon on its own.  It is possible that the price will drop, an alternate digital currency will overtake it, or it will eventually collapse.  The Blockchain technology that Bitcoin is built on is likely to prosper
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 14, 2015, 11:33:30 AM
Only shutting down the internet is only way to make bitcoin dead. When our Sun fades away we need to shift out of earth, at that time also people will carry a the source code of bitcoin to the new planet.

If the internet shut down, we need to go to other planet LOL i think it's impossible if the internet shut down, there are a million company which use internet as their profit, advertisement and connection.
yeah thats right internet is the largest connection in this world so if you shut down the internet theres so many business will be outweigh and also the government will also affected too.
legendary
Activity: 1106
September 14, 2015, 10:34:07 AM
Only shutting down the internet is only way to make bitcoin dead. When our Sun fades away we need to shift out of earth, at that time also people will carry a the source code of bitcoin to the new planet.

If the internet shut down, we need to go to other planet LOL i think it's impossible if the internet shut down, there are a million company which use internet as their profit, advertisement and connection.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
September 14, 2015, 09:58:24 AM
Activity: 434
September 14, 2015, 06:27:21 AM
Bitcoin is alive since the price grow from $0.03 to around $50 per bitcoin.

Just need more further development.

Further development is the key.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 14, 2015, 03:55:44 AM
Is bitcoin dead? No! Bitcoin has only 5 years. bitcoin will live for long time many more years to come
legendary
Activity: 1106
September 14, 2015, 03:08:34 AM
Bitcoin is alive since the price grow from $0.03 to around $50 per bitcoin.

Just need more further development.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 13, 2015, 06:24:10 PM
i don't know what it means for a cryptocurrency to die, but imo as long as btc is worth anything even $0.01, its alive. all that matters is that the currency in being used, the value of the currency is not that significant.
Activity: 308
September 13, 2015, 12:28:29 PM
Bitcoin is very much alive as demonstrated by continued adoption and venture stage investment.

I think prices are temporarily facing downward pressure because of Bitcoin XT related questions.  Once a consensus is reached about how bitcoin should be scaled, I believe the price of btc will recover.

Blockchain analysis and regulatory questions might have a bigger long term impact than the block size limit. I think we all know the blocksize limit will eventually need to be raised. The question should be when and by how much.

Regulations cannot kill bitcoin but they will impact where bitcoin companies choose to incorporate or do business. Blockchain analysis will bring more attention to privacy questions.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 13, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
i can not see any sigh of death of bitcoin because after very short time mining blocks reward values are going to halve and more miners will join the network to take the best advantage they could and as we know more miners means more better transaction and it is eventually make the bitcoin system more strong

This cannot be known. If to many join the network the difficulty will increase very fast and the earnings will be less (because of half of amount in a block). I cannot made predictions. The only sure prediction is that bitcoin will never dead. There will be always one way to go ahead with it.
If too many join to the network? the difficulty will increase very fast, thats wrong because the difficulty is increase if the miner solve the problem fast. although the difficulty increase they have a asic mining software they can mine fast even if the difficulty is increases.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 13, 2015, 07:51:44 AM
Also, there is another feature which distinguishes Dogecoin from almost any other coin. If you trade, you would know it. If you don't, then you simply can't make any statements in this regard (that wouldn't be unfounded), sorry
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 13, 2015, 07:37:34 AM
I have never seen any good use really come from dogecoin myself either. It seems to be no different than Bitcoin other than perhaps mining is easier. Still, there are better altcoins to mine.

Dogecoin is perfect for speculation and arbitrage (buy here, sell there), though quite harsh on the cardiovascular system

But you could say the same about any other altcoin, even bitcoins. As i said, sometimes it´s just quite random with cryptos, they are not really sustained by real life things so their price is not fixed to anything

No, I can't. You would get a dozen TX confirmations within a few minutes for Dogecoin, and only a few (or just one) within an hour for Bitcoin. Further, you would pay about 100 satoshi (1-2 doges) for a Dogecoin transaction, and 10,000 satoshi for a Bitcoin one...

Feel the difference
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
September 13, 2015, 06:48:46 AM
I have never seen any good use really come from dogecoin myself either. It seems to be no different than Bitcoin other than perhaps mining is easier. Still, there are better altcoins to mine.

Dogecoin is perfect for speculation and arbitrage (buy here, sell there), though quite harsh on the cardiovascular system

But you could say the same about any other altcoin, even bitcoins. As i said, sometimes it´s just quite random with cryptos, they are not really sustained by real life things so their price is not fixed to anything
legendary
Activity: 1134
September 13, 2015, 04:34:11 AM
i can not see any sigh of death of bitcoin because after very short time mining blocks reward values are going to halve and more miners will join the network to take the best advantage they could and as we know more miners means more better transaction and it is eventually make the bitcoin system more strong

This cannot be known. If to many join the network the difficulty will increase very fast and the earnings will be less (because of half of amount in a block). I cannot made predictions. The only sure prediction is that bitcoin will never dead. There will be always one way to go ahead with it.
Activity: 336
September 12, 2015, 09:30:34 PM
Activity: 538
September 12, 2015, 06:03:53 PM
Bitcoin is now in a flat phase, I am confident that things are going to start picking up sometime next year. Bitcoin just needs some rest before all the craziness that's gonna ensue before during and after the upcoming halving. It's far from dead.
Pages:
Jump to: