Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 80. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
September 10, 2015, 12:59:52 AM
there is an awful lot of FUD out there. Bitcoin will not go to die until a better technology comes out or a fatal vulnerability is discovered.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
September 09, 2015, 05:35:46 PM
I don't think that. We had alternative currencies before also . We are better off with a single fiat currency in the US. It is too early to assume the failure or success of BitCoin. The appeal of Bitcoin is finding a workaround US currency, not because Bitcoin was a better medium of exchange. We have to wait and watch for sometime, there is a bright future for bitcoins and I hope Bitcoin will never ever dead.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 09, 2015, 11:49:04 AM
There is no reason on earth why bitcoin would crash to 10$, and i also think it is impossible since, there isnt enough bitcoin held in an exchange account, the majority is held in a cold storage wallet (including satoshis supposed burned coins), which will hardly move out from there.

So yea, I doubt bitcoin will crash even to 150$ again, let alone to 10$ which would be as unlikely as winning the lottery 5 times in a row.

I for one don't think that it will plunge (collapse) to $10 either (at least in the near-to-mid term), but let's assume that the other Bitcoin that recently made so much ado, does actually take off. What then?

What other bitcoin? The XT bullshit?

But that is a sidechain that is worthless without the real bitcoin, because it mines the same blocks as BTC, or atleast it is a derivative of the original BTC blockchain.

It cant be separated from BTC, but it can take over BTC, and at that point it would be the new BTC, so I doubt except the initial shock, it would change the price drastically.

It uses the same genesis block.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
September 09, 2015, 08:32:32 AM
A lot can happen to bitcoin... But dead? No Bitcoin is not dead...
Will bitcoin ever die? Who knows ...

Exactly, we don't know about the future of bitcoin but if we talk about the present than yes, it's not dead and nor it would be dead in coming years as there is more potential for bitcoins to grow, and once there is mass adoption it will shine like a moon and it would definitely survive for coming 15 years or more unless we don't have as powerful new currency as bitcoins in the future.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 09, 2015, 07:56:19 AM
no its not and We cannot consider bitcoin as dead because it has some values and if will be not dead till it gets the value of 1usd
Activity: 259
September 09, 2015, 07:31:12 AM
A lot can happen to bitcoin... But dead? No Bitcoin is not dead...
Will bitcoin ever die? Who knows ...
Activity: 308
❃ CyberNick ❃
September 09, 2015, 06:51:40 AM
I dont think bitcoin will dead one day.. even if people dead lol it stay forever haha
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 09, 2015, 05:37:10 AM
i'm not believe,and never..because for now i life from bitcoin Cheesy

not sure what you mean exactly, but only can sense what you wrote not believe part.

So my take is short now, and buy back in later?  If this is the case, youre hoping the price falls like $100, the odds of this is not likely though.

he mean that he live with bitcoin, and can't believe that bitcoin will dead or he will never believe about it, because otherwise he is fucked, it seems...

probably a miner or trader
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 09, 2015, 05:16:00 AM
well the factor of BTC can get into stress its a possiblity the BTC its into not rising and descend from last 2013 to 2015 800$ already
soo the simple factor of geting to 180$ its a genuine pssibility if east strike into bad bussiness
the main BTC are there soo its very possible that they put it down like china gov
besides that the other comunities of BTC are tring to rise the coin but it takes time so the BTC its going to be very volatil into 2016 too and dont forget finto the december of 2015 like any december its does goes down from buying stuff from btc to usuall end of year Fiat soo it gets like 180$ the piece of btc if never rises into 2016 like march it may become very like few a peaci fo BTC and the investmens of big guys do like just 50% reduce
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 09, 2015, 03:17:33 AM
There is no reason on earth why bitcoin would crash to 10$, and i also think it is impossible since, there isnt enough bitcoin held in an exchange account, the majority is held in a cold storage wallet (including satoshis supposed burned coins), which will hardly move out from there.

So yea, I doubt bitcoin will crash even to 150$ again, let alone to 10$ which would be as unlikely as winning the lottery 5 times in a row.

I for one don't think that it will plunge (collapse) to $10 either (at least in the near-to-mid term), but let's assume that the other Bitcoin that recently made so much ado, does actually take off. What then?
Activity: 434
September 08, 2015, 11:10:30 PM

not sure what you mean exactly, but only can sense what you wrote not believe part.

So my take is short now, and buy back in later?  If this is the case, youre hoping the price falls like $100, the odds of this is not likely though.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
September 08, 2015, 09:33:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 08, 2015, 07:37:12 PM
The more people use bitcoin,the more it becomes stronger.Prices may go down but it value would always be higher compared to fiat money of many countries

The prices go the other way around, if its in demand.

Yeah, in services that maybe true. But, you gotta consider bitcoin being not just a service tool, esp being a money trasnmiter.
September 08, 2015, 01:36:52 PM
Even logarithmic chart won't turn lower lows into higher highs. I don't mean to say that technical analysis can be useful, but in the case of Bitcoin it is even more useless than it is useless overall (just like some infinity can be greater than another)...

You do know that in a log chart the scales are not uniform?

So where you drawed your lines implies that bitcoin would crash to ~ 10$ which is absurd.

Then I hit it right on the nail, wtf. But still, do you really think that Bitcoin crashing to 10$ would be absurd? Guess, it may well be, but it is just as possible...

Yes it would be pretty absurd, since bitcoin is growing every day, in every metrics:

http://www.coindesk.com/research/

Merchants double on a yoy basis, investors & invested fund too, startups and crowfunding, nr of users, etc... It is totally growing.

legendary
September 08, 2015, 01:11:24 PM
Even logarithmic chart won't turn lower lows into higher highs. I don't mean to say that technical analysis can be useful, but in the case of Bitcoin it is even more useless than it is useless overall (just like some infinity can be greater than another)...

So where you drawed your lines implies that bitcoin would crash to ~ 10$ which is absurd.

Then I hit it right on the nail, wtf. But still, do you really think that Bitcoin crashing to 10$ would be absurd? Guess, it may well be, but it is just as possible...
September 08, 2015, 12:54:22 PM
It seems to me as if 2 bounces are enough, but sometimes 3 bounces happen, before a real take off happens. So i imagine that the time between the bounces were like half year, we will see a big crash again in the spring of 2016, following the real takeoff in the summer 2016.

Note that the next technical takeoff of summer 2016, is also coinciding with the 2016 halving of bitcoin from 25 to 12.5 btc/block.

So my prediction/opinion is that, until next summer we wont see a major takeoff.

You only see what your eyes want to see. But I see that Bitcoin is still on the decline long-term

That is a logarithmic chart, not a linear. The support coincides with the resistance of may 2013, when bitcoin started taking off.

So the bubble started, now the bubble ended, at the same price ranges.

If it were a head & shoulders formation, then the bubble would have popped a long time ago. I just think the bitcoin price & value have met, and this is why bitcoin's price wont really go below 200$ in my view.

And if this price level holds, then the 2016 halving will finally push the price to the moon again.

I illustrated in log chart that bitcoin is still in a long term uptrend. It was in bubble phase from 2013 janurary, up until 2014 january.

Then the price went downtrend , and if the value of it would have not raised since then then we would have gone back to 2013 levels.

However, until the price was in disconnection with reality, the value have quickly caught up, the 100,000+ bitcoin merchants and so forth.

The bubble pop have ended right at the first crash of 150$ @ 2015 january, and since then we are in a flat market that is certainly not going lower since the down pressure have already faded.

And it needs a catalyst to start moving back up, which I think will be the 2016 halving. So until then we will probably have a flat market.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 12:47:18 PM
It seems to me as if 2 bounces are enough, but sometimes 3 bounces happen, before a real take off happens. So i imagine that the time between the bounces were like half year, we will see a big crash again in the spring of 2016, following the real takeoff in the summer 2016.

Note that the next technical takeoff of summer 2016, is also coinciding with the 2016 halving of bitcoin from 25 to 12.5 btc/block.

So my prediction/opinion is that, until next summer we wont see a major takeoff.

You only see what your eyes want to see. But I see that Bitcoin is still on the decline long-term

That is a logarithmic chart, not a linear. The support coincides with the resistance of may 2013, when bitcoin started taking off.

If it were a head & shoulders formation, then the bubble would have popped a long time ago. I just think the bitcoin price & value have met, and this is why bitcoin's price wont really go below 200$ in my view.

And if this price level holds, then the 2016 halving will finally push the price to the moon again.

September 08, 2015, 12:35:27 PM

legendary
September 08, 2015, 12:30:17 PM

September 08, 2015, 11:03:22 AM
Bitcoin just got its 2nd bounce off the support zone:

(Image from bitcoinwisdom.com)

But its just my opinion guys
Pages:
Jump to: