Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin now the strongest currency in the world? - page 73. (Read 42207 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 256
After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?

The strongest CRYPTOCURRENCY maybe. But NOT as the strongest currency. GOLD is. Gold backs up other currencies and their values depend on the gold reserves in the country. Since bitcoin is virtual and wasnt backed up with anything, as it is described, it doesnt have any ground to base upon. It isnt even used or fully recognized in some areas in the globe. It's legalization is still debatable. Its price is not stable. Its market is growing but not YET large enough to create great economic impact. Having these said, bitcoin has still a lot of processes to go through and many developments and innovation needed before becoming the strongest currency. It has the potential but as today, its still under a lot of observation.                                                                     

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
In my opinion it is the Strong cryptocurrency in the world, but when it comes as the strongest currency seems unimaginable, even if it's rising popularity, we must also consider that bitcoin is not globally accepted in each country and it's not yet legal to all country.
but if we will fight a currency  1 unit of a currency and it's equivalence to USD dollars, i think bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency.
One Dinar has the value of 3.30 US Dollars ( highest/strongest among fiat money)
One Bitcoin has the value of 2300++ US Dollars.

If the time will come that bitcoin will be accepted by the goverment for each of the country i think Bitcoin will be the strongest currency in the world.

Bro... 1 unit of a currency? Then this coin defenitely outruns bitcoin BY FAR! over $130,000 per coin!
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/23-skidoo/

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Nope, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the numbers to start going down (compared to other currencies).
Well ma'am/sir, as far as I know bitcoin will be known globally even us, located in a rural areas and I believe that bitcoin is the strongest currency in the world because of a lot of people patronizing this.

As much as it pains me to say it, this is the truth.

Now, it does have the capability to become the strongest, so do take that into account.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Still no. Bitcoin will be the strongest currency if the price is stable as gold and if the market capitalization of bitcoin surpasses gold. Well bitcoin can achieve this but not for now.May be in near future where bitcoin is accepted by the governments all over the world who knows when will bitcoin be the strongest currency in the world
Good point here, Bitcoin really needs much more time to mature and to be able to surpass gold;s market capitalization, it needs more and more users, miners and investors, but as of now as we can see the progress of bitcoin the possibilities and potential is there but the stability , we cannot just say that it can surpass gold, as of the potentials it showing today, maybe later after a time passes and the maturity is really met, we can look to the future that bitcoin is the strongest currency in the world.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Bitcoin now is the strongest currency in the world, it most popular in all currency. Because bitcoin has a value and profitable. Bitcoin is popular and everywhere most people wants to invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
For now on bitcoin is still not yet the strongest currency in the world. Dollars now are the great and the strongest currency today but among to the expert as days past by bitcoin will replaced dollars after 20-30 years from now and that was really I believe that bitcoin will be the next currency in the world.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Bitcoin is now the strongest crypto currency in the world and he really has a huge potential. It will not become the strongest currency in the world, but it will exist in parallel with real money.
It is just for temporary because it is the first cryptocurrency that ever released but after a few years, bitcoin will be like the usual metal that it will have rust and people will find another cryptocurrency that is best for their needs and will fit to their likes for a cryptocurrency and bitcoin will be just ignored and abandoned.
Keep dreaming the chances of that happening are very low, I would give your comment a chance if you instead claimed that bitcoin will be surpassed or something like that but to think bitcoin is going to be completely abandoned and that no one will use it, it’s not going to happen.
Activity: 143
Yea bitcoin is the strongest currency in the world but in future we can see different situactions because there are many smart people which can see some things which are bad in bitcoin cryptocurrency and thah bad things he can fix and make own better cryptocurrency.
Activity: 20
You are confusing something that is new and good looking with a reality. Bitcoin populairty is growing and it will be the beggining of a full monetary revolution, but it still needs time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
Still no. Bitcoin will be the strongest currency if the price is stable as gold and if the market capitalization of bitcoin surpasses gold. Well bitcoin can achieve this but not for now.May be in near future where bitcoin is accepted by the governments all over the world who knows when will bitcoin be the strongest currency in the world
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
I think that folks doesnt know the power of bitcoin. Bitcoin is potential breakthrough now and in the future as well. The price is regardless of current situation and it shouldn't be mixed up in the future. It will rise surely in the future and after the corrections are being made. People are unaware of these things but when they become one they will start working on it too. But that would be probably late for them to get started.
Bitcoin to be one of the world's economic forces today. We all have known bitcoin in 2009 and now there are still many who do not know bitcoin, I think they are the less fortunate. They eliminate the opportunity to use bitcoin in a long time. yes bitcoin will always be in demand at the moment and will be one of the most major currencies, just look at the current price of bitcoin was at 2000USD rates and some time ago had touched 2800USD.
to me currently i do not think that bitcoin number one currency of the world but  in crypto world it is really  number one currency of the crypto world. i think in future bitcoin will be the number currency of the world when all the people of the world start using bitcoin.i am sure that the bitcoin users are increasing from time time and hope that very soon bitcoin will have a good community.
In my opinion I will tell you brother that crypto currencies are the future currencies. As you mentioned that bitcoin is number 1 currencies in crypto currencies then you are right. But as you mentioned in the fiat money. You said it is not. As you know countries are getting accepting bitcoin. Like Australia, Japan, and India has accepted bitcoin as legit. So I will tell you that after two to three years bitcoin will be number 1 currency in the world.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
The bitcoin is not the strongest rather it is the currency that have the highest price because of it's uniqueness and I like bitcoin because the bitcoin is my way of income and that's way for me the bitcoin is the best of making money and because of it's price uniqueness..
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Maybe "strong" in a way that bitcoin has a strong support by the users and there are new people coming in. But seriously, is bitcoin strong at all? Let's lay down the facts. Once a whale gets out of the market, the whole market goes down and it takes a while before we can ever recover. Bitcoin is also not backed by any commodity, it's not issued by any government. Bitcoin is unregulated. When you lost your bitcoin, you don't have any customer support to talk to.

I just want to point out that we're all living in a bubble here. At the end of the day, you're not safe. At the end of the day, this is still a zero sum game and once the whales have left this market, then it's goodbye to your investments and to bitcoin itself.

Fiat is still the strongest currency in the world. I might not know which one specifically but you get the gist. Fiat is not backed by something too but it has a government that issues it.
Activity: 519
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is not yet the strongest currency now but with the huge potential in the future, I believe that it could be. Today only few people are know about it some are know only the word bitcoin and others have deep knowledge about bitcoin. To be the strongest it could be as popular and usable as current currency but with the increasing prize and good feedback came from investors and users it's attracts many to knwow about bitcoin. Bitcoin is the future digital currency.
Activity: 644
Bitcoin isn't the strongest currency for reasons stated, but it is among one of the most valuable.

I agree with you,nowadays bitcoin is valuable but there are many strong currency in many countries and it is hard to beat. Even if there has a country that bitcoin become legalize but there are more countries that bitcoin are not legal or not acceptable for some reasons  so its hard now to say that bitcoin is the strongest currency in the world.

As of now bitcoin can be a strongest crypto currency but it needs to be more popular before it can be accepted in many countries. Bitcoin also is unpredictable, sometimes it is high sometimes it is low.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
After the events of last week.

I was making this suggestion to some folks yesterday, but they claimed that bitcoin is too small.  Does it matter?

Yesh, BItcoin is the strongest Crypto Currency in the world. Already most of the Tech Jayant wants to start. But some of the countries do not accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
As a currency, Bitcoin is still, and will remain for some time, unstable. There are three things that need to change:

- low capitalization - more people need to join
- centralization - I think it is safe to assume that whatever happens with BTC price on MtGox, it will be reflected on other exchanges which make up (please correct me if I'm wrong) less than 10% of the Bitcoin trading market, with MtGox in control of the rest.
- difficulty of getting started into Bitcoin and actually using it safely and conveniently
We could not hide the fact that bitcoin need much more development to achieved such being a strong currency in the market. If more people will support and will used bitcoin on a daily base transaction it could helped for the further development of bitcoin on transaction, value, price and even in security. So the best thing to do is to continue our support for it to become reality in all aspect.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Bitcoin has proved a very strong currency. Bitcoin has a great reputation. Bitcoin is known for being the first, the easiest to get, and the widest acceptance. I think the user or bitcoin finder is increasing and more widespread to the whole world now.
Bikain not such a strong currency as you say. The degree of strength of the currency is exchange rate stability and predictability. This does not apply to bitcoin. The popularity of bitcoin is also not very high. You force events. Bitcoin is the most expensive and most promising currency.
Activity: 45
Looking back at the first comments of that thread, it seems so cute these days.  Cheesy
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Countries won't legalize an asset if it was found valueless or feel that it won't help with the country's growth. Same is with bitcoin, now several countries focus on legalizing bitcoin and few has already legalized and accept it similar to the country's own currency. This makes it more strong and when the same legalized usage increases the growth happens abrupt and becomes one of the strongest currency.
Pages:
Jump to: