Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset? - page 3. (Read 4206 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 28
October 10, 2017, 06:56:09 AM
I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.

Looking at trading chart for bitcoin, anyone can notice how much profitable it is to just buy and hold bitcoin rather than spending in daily basis.
Bitcoin is an vertual assets that you  can hold, you trade and everything you can do just like a regular currency ,but the beauty of these currency is decentralized you can send to anybody with third party involved.
Activity: 180
Merit: 101
Exclusive Member
October 10, 2017, 06:09:23 AM
bitcoin is a currency rather than an asset. I thought an asset is something that can generate income?
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
October 10, 2017, 06:07:07 AM
Still it is new to the world, a lot of people doesn't know about Bitcoin even me also dont know few months back. I might think it will take time to consider as Currecny also people will be using world wide.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
October 10, 2017, 06:05:25 AM
Both I think.

As a currency, because no other digital currency can match Bitcoin advantages in fees, scope area, and transaction speed. Bitcoins decentralized nature and anonymity are also a big plus. Compare it to conventional digital payment system like Paypal, Skrill, etc, Bitcoin is way better. Those service fees are huge and sometimes a pain in the ass to use, especially Paypal when you are in risk of a chargeback if you're on the receiving end.

As an asset, because of its value development. Bitcoin went from ~$100 to ~4500 within just four years. When I first knew Bitcoin its price was only $100ish. I never thought it would reach the realm of thousands back then. Gosh, I wish I bought a lot of it. People expect the same too, they want Bitcoin to repeat its history and reach even higher, maybe nearing $100K :p
I agree with you. bitcoin can act as a currency and an asset. limited quantities, high demand, bitcoin becomes a rare item sought. its rising prices make it one of the best assets right now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 05:54:11 AM
I think you can consider it as a currency and an asset.Though it is not really considered by some countries as a currency it is still an asset for them because of its value.There are also some that are considering it already as a real currency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
October 10, 2017, 05:46:50 AM

I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.

though digital coin is just an ordinary coin untill two or more people agreed to exchange it for services and it become a valuable asset.
If holding bitcoin for long term can be counted into the assets and if use for the daily use an for transaction it can be currency and my suggestion is to use it in both ways it gives same benefits if someone wants to secure future and give a happy life to his loved ones he can keep them as asset and will help in that time and as currency they are always helping.
Activity: 434
October 04, 2017, 01:56:45 PM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

for me bitcoin is the currency that can make the most phenomenal assets in this century. because in addition in terms of benefits, bitcoin gives more independence for users including me.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
October 03, 2017, 06:12:26 PM
Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
Maybe it depends. Four countries wherein it is already legal, it is a currency that its users can use to buy the things that they want. For investors wherein it is not yet legal, it is an asset to be held for a long period of time as its market value is increasing. Maybe it relies in between being an asset and being a currency.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
October 03, 2017, 06:09:47 PM
Bitcoin will be used for larger purchases, whilst coins like Dimecoin could see real online use. We need coins with insanely high supplies to control the price with more ease
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
October 03, 2017, 12:20:26 PM
Both I think.

As a currency, because no other digital currency can match Bitcoin advantages in fees, scope area, and transaction speed. Bitcoins decentralized nature and anonymity are also a big plus. Compare it to conventional digital payment system like Paypal, Skrill, etc, Bitcoin is way better. Those service fees are huge and sometimes a pain in the ass to use, especially Paypal when you are in risk of a chargeback if you're on the receiving end.

As an asset, because of its value development. Bitcoin went from ~$100 to ~4500 within just four years. When I first knew Bitcoin its price was only $100ish. I never thought it would reach the realm of thousands back then. Gosh, I wish I bought a lot of it. People expect the same too, they want Bitcoin to repeat its history and reach even higher, maybe nearing $100K :p
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 11:18:53 AM

though digital coin is just an ordinary coin untill two or more people agreed to exchange it for services and it become a valuable asset.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
October 03, 2017, 11:14:20 AM
I think it depend how you use it. You can use your bitcoin as currency in which you use it in different kind of transaction like paying bills and shopping on online market. Some people use it as an asset and they hold it and stock for a long time and I think they will sell it when he price goes up.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
October 03, 2017, 11:10:57 AM

For me it's both. It is bothe because sometimes in my country they pay it for their electricity bills, dailly expenses, even payment for water bills, sss, mobile credit . And some they are keeping it or holding it for future purposes or their investment. I Said they, I didn't include my self yey because I am new and I didn't earn yet but i am almost there. And i will do the same when I have bitcoin on mu wallet.
Its good to know that bitcoin is already adopted into your country which you can able to make use of it on paying up some necessities which is great and i hope this thing would be available into my country soon. Bitcoin can really be treated either both ways.It depends on how people do see on it. Most people will surely see this as a currency but on virtual thing which is actually its purpose though.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
October 03, 2017, 11:10:46 AM
Bitcoin is both, a currency and an asset. It is basically a currency used to buy and sell things online just like fiat currencies, and could being converted into cash anytime, so there is no difference between BTC and any other currency.
But it is also an asset since the price is increasing highly in short time, so you can trade or hold it and earn money.
Activity: 563
October 03, 2017, 11:08:19 AM

For me it's both. It is bothe because sometimes in my country they pay it for their electricity bills, dailly expenses, even payment for water bills, sss, mobile credit . And some they are keeping it or holding it for future purposes or their investment. I Said they, I didn't include my self yey because I am new and I didn't earn yet but i am almost there. And i will do the same when I have bitcoin on mu wallet.
Activity: 476
October 03, 2017, 09:30:07 AM
Bitcoin is both an asset and currency. Currency in crypto world and used in digital transaction. It is an asset because as long as you hold it it serve an asset and it provide an income and saving to those holding bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
October 03, 2017, 09:14:42 AM
Right now it's more of an asset, if you ask me. Sure it is used as a currency but in 90% it's used as an asster. Just look at how many people are buying and holding overall and will be holding for some longer time.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
October 03, 2017, 09:10:26 AM
Years ago, it was a currency imo. Now it's more of an asset, with the high fee's and slow transactions.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
October 03, 2017, 09:07:02 AM
This can be treated as both. Consider you are making payment via btc where it becomes your currency. And say you invested some amount in your cypto for long term. As a result what ever gain you would be getting which will be classified as a long term capital gain which is treated as an asset. But again it will depend upon respective country how they prefer to treat this.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
October 03, 2017, 09:02:09 AM
Bitcoin can be used as currency as well as asset also.
Some countries are legalize bitcoin and most of shops accept bitcoin as payment that point of view bitcoin is currency.
but if bitcoin is only used for trading purpose than it can treated as asset.
Pages:
Jump to: