Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous? - page 15. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 11:30:54 AM
If you get rich, you won't be bothered by such stupid questions. You're just gonna spend the money for your own pleasure.
Activity: 589
Merit: 102
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
April 17, 2018, 11:21:29 AM
Everyone in bitcoin society knows  each other by coin rollovers and currency movements. But anyway bitcoin is anonymous .
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
April 11, 2018, 07:18:37 PM
When we think about all this guys, who trade weapons and drugs in a darknet using bitcoin it is obvious, that they would not be able to do their dark acts without being anonymous...

And that exactly what makes bitcoin dangerous for the economy. In every thing, there are advantages and disadvantages. We all know that bitcoin builds advantages for the economy but we also have to consider the disadvantages that may result. Pseudonymous characteristic of bitcoin makes it possible to people who intend to scam and fraud innocent people.
Activity: 90
April 11, 2018, 07:06:11 PM
BTC is not completely anonymous, you can still contact some people through your wallet address!

If your BTC is not traded on an exchange, BTC is anonymous!

If you want to convert BTC into cash, you can check your information by some means!
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
April 11, 2018, 06:52:46 PM
When we think about all this guys, who trade weapons and drugs in a darknet using bitcoin it is obvious, that they would not be able to do their dark acts without being anonymous...
Activity: 589
Merit: 102
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
April 11, 2018, 05:05:37 PM
Obviously fiat money are not unidentified till you hold paper banknotes. On the contrary, Bitcon is really anonymous, but before you exchange it to some other currency.
Activity: 90
April 10, 2018, 05:47:38 AM
NO, its is certainly not. I mean in terms of privacy, Bitcoin is way behind the competition (Deep Onion first and foremost, Monero, Verge...) Privacy coins are where its at, and it seems that with tigther regulation, privacy coins have a niche all carved out for them.
Activity: 24
April 10, 2018, 05:20:59 AM
Theoretically bitcoin is anonymous, and if you use all the necessary precautions it is difficult for them to take you. But if you make a little mistake, especially at the time of the exchange in fiat, the whole transaction chain comes out. Caution.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
April 01, 2018, 11:21:22 PM
Up to a point, yes, you can somehow say that bitcoin is anonymous. Though by having a transaction made no matter the size or your wallet address, it is enough to track you down.
If you're doing good or legal, why hide though? Be willing enough to pay taxes if that is what you are considered on. If security is simply what you wish for then, good luck with your wealth!
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
April 01, 2018, 07:11:17 PM
Bitcoin is not anonymous but rather if you made a transaction thats the time anonymous will enter. That is why bitcoin transactions being used to some illegal acts and to hide thier wealth.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
April 01, 2018, 07:08:39 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

Surely, some people will say that bitcoin is not a anonymous and some people say yeah it is, but we can hidden our identity but our wallet address is enough to track our location. But the question will be who will track us? and What's the benefits for them to track us? 
Also I want to ask now 4 or 5 weeks passed: Now have you become rich as you intend?

The government might want to track their citizen if they have digital assets such as bitcoin. Because digital assets are used for tax evasion now a days. Actually, they can track your wallet address once you convert you assets into cash.
That is the excuse that they are using in order to justify their tracking the truth is that governments even if they do care about tax evasion what they truly care is about control, they want to control you and want very effective way to do that is to control how your money moves this is why one of the first things that governments do to people that they are investigating is to freeze their bank accounts but that is impossible to do with bitcoin.
Activity: 255
March 31, 2018, 06:56:44 PM
    Bitcoin is not really anonymous because others can see the wallet address when send and receive bitcoin but they can't see your identity,password and private key.
Yes that's right. Bitcoin is really not known to others that why its remain anonymous for some. And also for me you don't need others to know your identity in investing because you can make it privately. Wink
bitcoin have anonymous advantage, no one know the identity of the owner, but that advantage makes the government afraid to legalize it, for money laundering, hopefully this thing can be resolved so that privacy can maintained and the government can legitimize it
No it is not like this as money laundering does not have any connection with the bitcoin, people use to make illegal actives but it was happening even before bitcoin, so actually bitcoin has no concern with them, bitcoin is using by people to make money and it is good to transfer a lot of money at the sometime without additional cutting and taxes, bitcoin is a currency which people call anonymous because no one can get to know that how much bitcoin you have with you, so it can be in term of security only.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
March 31, 2018, 03:02:39 PM
My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

yes of course the address bitcoin wallet no one knows who the owner if the owner does not give tau to others and of course saipa bitcoin owner no one can know but if the transaction then everything can know, and the owner of bitcoin address can be known only when the owner of the wallet give her wallet address to receive payment using bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

It would be interesting to know how you will be able to become so rich very quickly and remain anonymous at the same time Smiley Maybe share the secret Smiley I would also not have refused to get rich in such a short period of time Smiley Perhaps you will get rich soon, but to establish complete anonymity is not will succeed about what has already been said in the comments Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
March 31, 2018, 02:40:30 PM
As soon as there is a trace to your identity, your wallet is not anonymous anymore. If you use the wallet of an exchanger, then it depends on the behaviour of the exchanger, in which country he is incorporated and what laws he has to follow. If you become rich soon and want to spend a larger part of it, then it is definitely worth to check the laws of your country and the laws of the seller. And if you want to use an exchanger wallet, also those laws.

If you will become very rich, you can also move to a country where bitcoin richness is tax free.
Activity: 336
March 31, 2018, 02:35:42 PM
You know bitcoin also popular for the criminal transaction. Because they used to hide the identity. In this system only transaction will be seen.  Even you don’t know the real person. You just sent the transaction and receiver received it. So there has no chance to disclose your identity. But there also fact that on that transaction we use TEXID.
And every transaction bear this It. So you are not 100% anonymous. But accordion to my view you can hide the maximum identity.
Just think about the criminal transaction how they do that because they know it very well. So before transaction you also know it very well. If you research on it or experiment it first sending low transaction, you will be clear about it. 
Don’t forget one think, if you make a mistake to send in wrong address, there has no possibility to get return.   
Activity: 210
March 31, 2018, 10:44:18 AM

Bitcoin is not totally anonymous. Bitcoin is what you’d called pseudonymous. Sending and receiving bitcoins is like writing under a pseudonym. In Bitcoin, your pseudonym is the address to which you receive Bitcoin. If your address is somehow linked to your identity it’s exposed. Since all transactions on the Bitcoin network are recorded on the blockchain. People will now be able to know the amount of Bitcoins you own on this address, which addresses sent you money and which received money from you.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 10:41:25 AM
it is entirely anonymous. On the other, it is completely transparent and trackable since all transaction are recorded in a public ledger.
Bitcoin is what you’d called pseudonymous. Sending and receiving bitcoins is like writing under a pseudonym. In Bitcoin, your pseudonym is the address to which you receive Bitcoin. If your address is somehow linked to your identity it’s exposed.Since all transactions on the Bitcoin network are recorded on the Blockchain people will now be able to know the amount of Bitcoins you own on this address, which addresses sent you money and which received money from you.
Activity: 106
March 31, 2018, 09:08:51 AM

bitcoin is really not anonymous because when you enter in this society you must learn first and search what is bitcoin and you can really know what bitcoin is and so bitcoin will not become anonymous to you if you are willing to know more about bitcoin.
Activity: 101
March 31, 2018, 08:09:51 AM
Yes! Bitcoin is really anonymous. There are some says that Bitcoin should spread and become well-known. But there are also some who wants to hide bitcoins identity since there are dangers when it became popular.

yes i think, bitcoin is really anonymous. I prefer want to hide identify. it is secured for my investing
Pages:
Jump to: