Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really secure - page 33. (Read 3100 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 04, 2018, 02:35:05 PM
No doubt about the secures of bitcoin, but you also have to make it secure.
There is no involvement of any third party…so your bitcoin is safe, but you must have to use more secure wallet & keep their password or keys private to avoid stolen.
Activity: 966
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
February 04, 2018, 02:11:45 PM
Definitely bitcoin is secure. Nobody can track this. Bitcoin is more safer than other currencies.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
February 04, 2018, 02:10:15 PM
Well there are various ways that attackers can invade your security and change your details. Bitcoin on its own is secure but the wallets and exchanges, that people use to send and receive is bitcoin however is not secure enough. So you may end up losing your money due to stupidity, lack of knowledge, poor security for your computer.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 04, 2018, 01:50:33 PM
Security begins with the owner of bitcoins.
You need to be careful with your coins, because once they are gone, you won't get them back.
The computer can be compromised, the private keys on your usb-stick stolen by a so called friend, you can send your coins to the wrong address.
Everything above can be avoided when you work carefully and cautious.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
February 04, 2018, 01:43:56 PM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

Yes it is more secure that fiat money or credit cars, but it is still not very much safe. Hackers can get Bitcoin wallets and steal BTC.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
February 04, 2018, 11:59:49 AM
If you are concerned about the security of holding in Bitcoin then it is definitely risky to hold your wealth in it because Bitcoin is still in the development phase and no one sure what is going to happen in the future so it will keep fluctuating and you will see difference in the value of your wealth kept in bitcoin.

However, if you are talking about Bitcoin as a technology then Bitcoin is really secure and no one can brute force private keys. You must hold your funds in a secure wallet such as offline wallets maintained in a secure environment. Holding funds online has a risk of compromisation of the database (including your private keys) on the server side.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 04, 2018, 11:29:55 AM
Bitcoin is secure if you take normal precautions. No hacker can change the blockchain.
But, of course, an hacker can attack your computer, or can change somewhere your address on a site.
And, of course, it can lose 100% of its value.
But, you know, nothing if totally safe on this planet. :-)
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Bounty Detective
February 04, 2018, 08:29:46 AM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,
bitcoin is not safe as long it is intangible and needed to be online to have some transaction.
your bitcoin is always at risk . because hackers continue to Upgrade.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2018, 08:29:17 AM
Considering the security and transparency of blockchain technology, i believe that having holdings in Bitcoin is secure, because till now there was security issues with the exchange not with the coin itself.
Activity: 532
February 04, 2018, 08:20:23 AM
I think bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are not really secure. There so many hackers and scammers that want to get your bitcoin or other cryptos. So its up to you how to secure your bitcoin.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
February 04, 2018, 08:09:16 AM

In my own thought as long  bitcoin is still there,working into the global economy, i believe that bitcoin is  still secure and you must also believe in yourself,that bitcoin can help you to make  your dreams come true. In my own experience i been trusting in bitcoin that is still realy safe and secure to make an investment or other kind of transaction in cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
February 04, 2018, 07:46:58 AM
Bitcoin security can only be done by yourself. If you do not understand security, it's not safe for you.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
February 04, 2018, 01:56:24 AM
we never understood it would be safe or not on Bitcoin, maybe if compared with others, if in the form of investing in Bitcoin would be safe.
Activity: 24
February 03, 2018, 11:48:11 AM
If you mean anonymity, I can tell you that it has never been completely anonymous, that is to say that your transaction data will be exposed in one way or another towards the government regulation entities (if they are very high figures). However, within the world of cryptocurrencies it is one of the safest.
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
February 03, 2018, 08:35:38 AM
I think it's not that safe since it is in the web. Your btc address might get hacked because of suspicious links. But bitcoin is more secure than those in banks since it doesn't have a physical card. You only need an internet for accessing bitcoin. It doesn't have tax so many people still use it.
All in all, bitcoin is more secure than most existing financial services, including legacy banking platforms like SWIFT, which has been compromised repeatedly by hackers.But i think this only speaks to the technical security of bitcoin. Its financial security is another matter.
Activity: 196
February 03, 2018, 08:50:35 AM

It is secure for me because I have heared some stories of my friends that because of bitcoin it goes to successful life.In that case probably it is secure because it is proven many times. Aside from they can get cryptocurrencies and converted into money form, they can have values to wear the most important.
Activity: 76
February 03, 2018, 08:10:12 AM
I think it's not that safe since it is in the web. Your btc address might get hacked because of suspicious links. But bitcoin is more secure than those in banks since it doesn't have a physical card. You only need an internet for accessing bitcoin. It doesn't have tax so many people still use it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 22
February 03, 2018, 08:02:17 AM
As long as there are people who become a millionaire I think bitcoin is secured for now but still we should be alert or aware of the things that might happen because we don't know if the people are we're meeting online is true or not.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
February 03, 2018, 07:58:32 AM
I think it may secure because it using block chain technology which is very much popular at present world. I think future world will run with blockchain technology and bitcoin will be number one exchanging currency.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
February 03, 2018, 07:54:49 AM
Bitcoin is as safe as a crypto can be.
As said above, nothing in the world is secure.

Altho i would always trust more my home's security than my computer's  Grin.

I guess that's why in many people's mind, cryptos will never be able to entierly replace the money system  Wink.
Pages:
Jump to: