Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really secure - page 35. (Read 3100 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising
February 01, 2018, 06:05:50 PM
Definetely yes , Bitcoin really secure, imagine when and how it all started? If we based it from the start we can find really the answer. Other way is that, as long as you know how to keep your accounts and passwords which is very important, it is also secure coz you are the one who do transactions or the process. Best thing to do is to follow up or check it always to avoid hesitations on your mind if it is secure or not.
Activity: 406
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 01, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
Nothing is completely safe in this world, so bitcoin is not 100%.
But if you take some basic precaution, you can have a more that acceptable level of security.
I mean, a home is relatively safe (not 100%, of course), but if you forgot your keys in the door...
I know that most new investors entering the crytocurrency market are buying into bitcoin. Bitcoin creates a great deal of trust in the market because it is the first coin to be created and formed into the current cryptocurrency market. Despite the huge fluctuations in the past few years, bitcoin is still being bought by investors because of the great value that it offers.
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
February 01, 2018, 05:58:46 PM
Let's say, possibility to brute force sha-256 private key associated with public key always exists. Another question is percent of successful attacks, even having in mind Moore's law.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
February 01, 2018, 05:48:46 PM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

You can bet it is. Just ask yourselves this, if bitcoin is not secure, would it last for years since the year 2009? I don't think so, right? The thing that makes people drawn more to bitcoin is the fact that it is secure and cannot just be shutdown because of the fact that a lot of people have invested in it.
Bitcoin id an old currency now there is no doubt in it because it is said to be the first currency, people have faith in bitcoin that the bitcoin growth will never stop and it is hard to make bitcoin zero once again so it is main reason for investing in bitcoin, bitcoin is secure one can invest in bitcoin without any fear of lose as price of bitcoin use to increase time to time, bitcoin has a lot of wallets that makes it more secure to hold for long time period.
Activity: 924
February 01, 2018, 03:18:24 PM
I think Bitcoin has a strong security, a common weakness is due to user error.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is secure but the problem is in the user there are so many ways how to store btc i think it depends on the user .Bitcoin is really safe and secure because untill now it really exist,if bitcoin is not secure maybe bitcoin popularity is not growing as fast as today because the trust of all people maybe lost.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
February 01, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

As of security, I think, NOTHING is safe now.
Safer? Yes, it is safer than others, however, as to hackers, time will come they will find a way to do something that will make btc vulnerable.

Bitcoin network is secure, but if you are trying to ask if the bitcoin that we are storing in our web wallets or in a hardware is safe, then I would say that it is not. It could be hack by someone who is skilled on hacking, web wallets are more vulnerable than hardware wallets, so the chance of getting your bitcoin hack when you are using web wallets is higher than if you are using hardware wallet.

Hardware wallet is an offline wallet that is why the hackers lose interest on hacking such wallets, their targets mostly are those online wallets, so be careful and set some 2FA security.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 01:27:32 PM
Bitcoin is "secure" until P!=NP.
if someone one day finds out that P is equal to NP, then bitcoin will not be safe anymore.
But if this happends also everything that atm is considered secure will not be anymore (e.g. homebanking).
Apart from that, Bitcoin is not just cryptography.
There are many companies that allow users to purchase sell and manage bitcoins, if their servers are not secure, then also bitcoins that they manage are not secure and can be stealed.
Moreover, Social Engineering is always there, waiting for you to make a mistake.
So, Bitcoin is secure? In my opinion, the answer is no. Nothing is secure because humans are weak, easy to control, and most of the time: Stupid.
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
February 01, 2018, 01:02:35 PM
I think so, the bitcoin is secure from all its aspect such as the transfer of the bitcoins all over the world, saving of the bitcoin in your wallet and investing the bitcoin in a project. There is no body except you that can access your bitcoin wallet. Also the transfer through the block chain is very secure the information does not leak, Even strong governments does not know whom of their society is working and investing in the bitcoin.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 12:47:18 PM
Nothing is completely safe in this world, so bitcoin is not 100%.
But if you take some basic precaution, you can have a more that acceptable level of security.
I mean, a home is relatively safe (not 100%, of course), but if you forgot your keys in the door...
Activity: 331
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 12:31:44 PM
I think Bitcoin has a strong security, a common weakness is due to user error.
Activity: 72
February 01, 2018, 12:23:41 PM
Of course bitcoin is secured. It has a feature where nobody can access but you. You keep and store it on a right and very reliable electronic wallet. Bitcoin is a trusted crypto currency. Its features and benefit has already been tested and we have seen numbers of rich people through hardwork in bitcoin. It is secured that has been existing for a long time already.
Activity: 1134
February 01, 2018, 12:22:09 PM
It is secure as long you know how to secure your gadgets that you use in dealing with Bitcoin, also take precautions on some online wallet because sometimes they are getting attacks from hackers that can steal some information of that sites customers.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
February 01, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

Bitcoin's security and its system is self has proven its credibility throughout its existence from when it started but the only threat regarding security related in bitcoin that I can see are more of external factors which regards to its transactions and users exposed to threats of hacking and phishing wich I think is the responsibility of everyone and not a flaw to be blame on bitcoin.
Activity: 83
February 01, 2018, 10:07:47 AM
Yes bitcoin is secured because no one know that you have a transaction to someone not like in bank.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
February 01, 2018, 09:58:42 AM
Bitcoin I see no was really safe, because bitcoin can only in take by others in a way to do the hack on our account and took over the access of account ours, and it’s been I ever experienced as an account bitcoin me in take by hackers and eventually could not I use again
Activity: 476
February 01, 2018, 04:27:17 AM

yes of course bitcoin is very safe because bitcoin is a digital currency whose security encryption is currently very high because it uses blockchain technology that uses a method whereby the world has an interconnected point asset and is chronically encapsulated with blockchain and transcribes all transactions of bitcoin transparently.
Activity: 238
Greentoken-invest in ecology
February 01, 2018, 04:03:03 AM
I believe Bitcoin is really secured one because their are many features of security around the wallet you are using. In terms of investment security, the investor must take risks in putting the money in Bitcoin. Bitcoin will just stay around and will continue to exist. It is the investors responsibility to protect the investment from hackers and other illegal activities.
Activity: 128
February 01, 2018, 03:27:44 AM

Bitcoin is one of the safest crypto currencies, its system is difficult to hack. Just be aware of going some site and or opening some site dont put your account if you are not sure that its legit.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 01, 2018, 03:26:16 AM
In terms of virtual currency security bitcoin is the most secured cryptocurrency. In any case, although bitcoin is the most secured, it still depend on us on how we manage keeping our bitcoin to a secured wallet to avoid virtual hacking. To ensure your bitcoin is secured, you can use offline wallet and store your bitcoins offline which significantly decreases the chances of the cryptocurrency being stolen by hackers or computer viruses.

Bitcoin has more security when comparing to other all normal currencies used by people and no one can judge or see how much bitcoin does you have in your wallet but you are careless your bitcoin will be hacked so make higher possible security systems to your wallet it will give your wallet an extra safely .
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
February 01, 2018, 03:24:51 AM
With the continued growth of bitcoin users the blockchain becomes even more robust as new computers are added to the network to prevent any third party changes to the bitcoin chain. As far as I know bitcoin is safe, whats not safe is some of these exchanges and wallet providers we use.

As of security, I think, NOTHING is safe now.
Safer? Yes, it is safer than others, however, as to hackers, time will come they will find a way to do something that will make btc vulnerable.
Hope this vulnerable time never comes
Pages:
Jump to: