Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks? - page 28. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Create the developers of Japan satoshi nakamoto which in 2008 for the first time Telled the world about the crypto currency on the basis of the blockade, no personality A pinched network was not found.
Activity: 235
Merit: 2
Yes, lots of people will simply not be able to understand it properly; they will never fully understand it. This is mainly true to elder people who are far from this area.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
I think most folks would find the concept of bitcoin a bit complicated. It depends on their
understanding of what bitcoin is all about. But given enough time and proper explanations,
I think regular folks are capable enough to grasp bitcoins. Basically it has something to do
with the evolving technology that bitcoin represents, but if they have exposure to basic
stocks and investments which I think is a good starting point of reference to bitcoins, they
can easily identify bitcoins in less time. If they have a computer and an internet connectivity,
it will be of great help and relief for them to uncomplicate things with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I don't think that bitcoin is very complicated for ordinary people who are not exposed to technology because it depends on your explanation on how they will understand bitcoin. Like for me, when I explain bitcoin to someone new to cryptocurrency, I explained it to them in a way that they can understand it. I just explain and discuss it in the very simple way. But if that person has eargerness to learn about bitcoin, they can learn it by themselves in just a short period of time.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.

The reason we call them ordinary folks since they are not very technical to understand these kind of things. When we talk about ordinary folks they are very diverse and different from one another. In third world countries there are people who are living on the sidewalk, their concern is how to survive. Majority of the population are poor and cannot afford to buy computers and doesnt know how to use computers. With this  we can say that if computers were hard to access then it follows that cryptocurrency is alien to them and is hard to comprehend.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
It is true that the main stream media has totally changed the perspective of what bitcoin and other crypto currencies are. People now think of the "price", the "profits" and the "loss" when they hear the word bitcoin. They are just forgetting about the true use of bitcoin and has rather become more profit oriented.
It also surprises me. Any news, any change is considered here mainly in terms of growth of bitcoin prices. As if there is nothing more in bitcoin than its price. The functionality of bitcoin is discussed in passing, and immediately again everything switches to its price. On February 26, a new version of bitcoin was released with the full implementation of SegWit. This should eliminate the shortcomings of bitcoin. There are practically no such topics here about how SegWit's implementation affects the performance of bitcoin. More than 90 percent of the topics are devoted only to the problem of bitcoin prices. It just gets annoying.
Activity: 38
Some people can't even open an email. How they gonna learn to create a wallet and create public keys /scan qr?
Activity: 97
Merit: 3
It is complicated, yes, for the person who are still starting to discover and know about bitcoin. Specially to those who are interested what bitcoin is but not getting the idea of how it really works. They want to learn about bitcoin but not trying to dig deeper and learn more about it. While for those who are already reading about it before it boomed, is way easier for them to comprehend what bitcoin really is.
Activity: 336
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

What make bitcoin quite complicated especially to the new ones are actually the terminologies or technical terms being used here. But the logic of how it works is simple. But learning is something you should work on.
Activity: 225
Merit: 107
I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.
Activity: 84
I'd say nothing is really complicated if time and effort is given to understand something. However, when it comes to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, ordinary folks especially those only starting to get into the hype must do their due diligence to avoid being scammed by non-legit ICOs.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
If someone has enough drive or need to learn something, any average joe can learn it.
This article should help:
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/explain-bitcoin-like-im-five-73b4257ac833
Activity: 394
obviously especially for people who do not understand the internet and technology must be very complicated to understand bitcoin Cool
Activity: 96
Merit: 2
im an ordinary folk too, at first it is really hard to understand but as time goes by and help of a friend you will learn from it.  Wink
Activity: 505
Merit: 100
In my opinion, learning about bitcoin as well as the cryptoworld is not that complicated once you really give time to read and to learn about it. At first it is very complicated because of the whole concept of these cryptocurrencies, and older folks who are not that techy would definitely have a hard time understanding how to move inside the cryptoworld but not with the market, I think cryptocurrency and our current fiat money is quite same.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Well, so that the email system. There were the 3.7 billion users using email facility in 2017 and do you think everyone knew what SMTP server stands for? No! Basic information is enough and to use Bitcoin, you don't need to understand everything. Just basic information about public address, private key, decentralization, responsibilities would work fine. It's complicated if we are making it in that way!
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
At the moment you need a lot of time to be able to understand bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Once the technology becomes easier with new wallets and exchanges  then it won't be too complicated. Its like a car. You don't need to understand how it works in order to be able to drive.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
The problem is that Bitcoin is seen as an investment asset instead of a currency. Using it as a currency is still expensive and It's still slow. For the mainstream blockchain technology might be too complicated, and the focus is mainly on the high price bitcoin reached. It will take a while before Bitcoin is used as a currency.
I think bitcoin was invented as a peer-to-peer digital currency to change how people use the money for good, instead, bitcoin is also being used an investment asset as a result of high bitcoin demand by the public. The bitcoin has a limited supply of only 21 million bitcoin will ever be created with the current supply of approximately 17 million globally. thus, the demand for bitcoin is higher than the supply, that is why it is very hard to get bitcoin these days. by the way, it is not that complicated to understand bitcoin, it is a new currency which uses the new technology called blockchain and in time people will adopt it more.
Activity: 58
Take time to learn about bitcoin and it won't seem complicate for you even if you are an ordinary folk. It takes time to learn about new things

your suggestion is very good. for a more permanent learning spirit with things about bitcoin, though complicated but keep trying. Since there is not an easy thing in this world without effort
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Thrive
Not really, bitcoin is quite simple instead of a third party being a middle man, bitcoin removes the middle man and acts as a peer-to-peer payment system. For a better explanation I'd recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4g1XFU8Gto
Bitcoin is like a ledger. Bitcoin is very secure too. I think it wouldn't be too complicated to explain as long as the person you're explaining to is willing to understand it. And I usually prefer visual explanations such as videos/images.
Pages:
Jump to: