Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks? - page 30. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 100
Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched. But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.

Do you think all of the people who are involves in bitcoin know the technology behind bitcoin?
There are many people with low education that are using money.
Sad truth, but at least they were trying their best to involve and study those technology involves in it, they may not answer technical terms but without them I don't think that bitcoin will grow much just like what the price has become now, since we also needs users and investors for cryptos.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
Yes, bitcoin is so complex that it is hard for ordinary people to know the full extent of bitcoin. They also do not want to spend a lot of time to understand what bitcoin the various aspects of knowledge, knowledge they put the bitcoin as a way of investment, they don't care about technology and the history of the bitcoin, they care about is the price of the bitcoin
Activity: 260
Merit: 102
Bitcoin is a lot simpler than the convoluted system that is in place in just about every other country that exists today. Especially America.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched. But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.

Do you think all of the people who are involves in bitcoin know the technology behind bitcoin?
There are many people with low education that are using money.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

I do not think that learning a new technology like bitcoins has anything to do with how easy or complex it is. It is just connected with how much interest the person has in that technology. A very basic example of these are smartphones with lots of functions. Sometimes aged people are not able to operate those functions. But if you give that mobile to a small kid, he will explore all the functions out of curiosity and in the hope of finding exciting games to play.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched? But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Yes, bitcoin is so complex that few people know anything about bitcoin. Most people simply regard bitcoin as an investment. They don't even know the history of bitcoin. People don't care about the technology of bitcoin, they just care about the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 198
To be honest, current investing instruments of banks using fiat money are complicated as well and most of the "normal" people do not understand. Since bitcoin is not used for daily payment the ordinary folks are neither interested in bitcoin investments nor complicated fiat investments. We should establish cryptocurrencies by creating a working payment system and simplify money transactions so everyone can use it without being an expert in trading and investing.
Activity: 246
As of now most of the people see bitcoin as a way where you can invest, to earn lot of money. Since bitcoin is not that new to us, but for the other people that dont have an idea what bitcoin is. Maybe in the near future where most of the people has an idea what bitcoin, maybe that's the time that it'll be used as a currency for everyday life. But it'll take a long run before that will happen.
Activity: 182
Not at all. It currently is, but it will evolve into something that will be easy to use in the future. should be obvious that not everyone will be able to recreate Bitcoin from the scratch but I think that everyone should know the benefits of cryptocurrencies and how to use them properly. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Admittedly, it's a bit of a hassle when I first started, but if you're patient and familiar with it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
At some point, bitcoin could be very complicated to some ordinary folks. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Understand it better and invest more time if possible.
Disregarding trading though, anybody should be able to pickup the basics of Bitcoin. The basics themselves aren't that difficult, things get tough when you try to explain the intricacies of the system. For instance knowing there are 21 million coins maximum is easy, but knowing how they are mined, transacted, routed, and owned are two very separate things indeed.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
It currently is, but it will evolve into something that will be easy to use in the future.
It might never be easy for the older generation I think.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
Bitcoin is quite complex and no wonder why, it might become a world-wide currency in the future. It should be obvious that not everyone will be able to recreate Bitcoin from the scratch but I think that everyone should know the benefits of cryptocurrencies and how to use them properly. I'm afraid that there will be a lot of scams in the future especially new wallet services. That's why the education is important, most people are too lazy to study on their own and even if something was their mistake, their blame someone else for their loss of many, for example.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I think thats a really big problem actually to make cryptocurrencies available for normal people who are not into computers and multimedia. So if you want to make cryptocurrencies available for the mainstream people, it has to change a lot of thinks. Because when you have someone escpacially older people, do you really think they can get an wallet with their private keys? I dont think so. So thats why there need a lot of development in cryptocurrencies to make them mass appeal.
Activity: 322
At some point, bitcoin could be very complicated to some ordinary folks. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Understand it better and invest more time if possible.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
BTC can be understood by ordinary folks, even the not so tech-savvy ones. There are a lot of videos all over the internet explaining BTC in a simple and understandable manner. The mainstream media should also tell the world about the beauty behind BTC and not just its flaws.
Activity: 88
Merit: 4
I think explaining to Bitcoin is complicated enough to explain to the layman who is not a fan of information technology and even more sophisticated technology now, for example to explain how trading and mining is hard to understand for the layman who does not understand the basics of the internet. Maybe if they understand a bit about the internet and technology now. Maybe all the bitcoin discussions can be remembered little by little. They also still have to research more about what bitcoin is. This would be an easy thing for them if they understood the basics of bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Speaking about the future of the economy, what I hear most is due to a lack of understanding or lousy knowledge caused by the mainstream media and a lot of influential people who do not really know what they are talking about. People should be trained in cryptothermia.
Activity: 258
People who are outside the complex and exciting world of crypto, understand bitcoin difficult. Therefore, in order to eliminate the misunderstanding of crypto currency, we need to educate people on the transition to cryptothermics and especially on how to look past the FUD, and I believe that this will happen in 10-15 years.
Activity: 238
Hello World!
If you take time in learning and really understanding btc then nothing is complicated. It only looks like one when the user that have enough idea about it. It's essential that before you enter a certain condition, you must be well equipped with the facts and you must have all the idea about it.
Pages:
Jump to: