Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 14. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 11:01:34 AM
Gold is the best and safest way to ensure that your investment will still be intact even after 20 years. It's growth might be negligible at this time since funds are still flowing in the stock market, but when times of chaos hits, money will flow into gold being the safe haven that it is and price will rise by the $100s or even $1000s.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
January 08, 2018, 10:58:24 AM
In my opinion, Gold is definitely safer and you've been awake after 10 years because the price keeps increasing every year. Also known really by everyone as a good investment, therefore the price remains stable and will not go down because there is always a demand for gold. while bitcoin is very difficult to predict and its value is not fixed ..
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
January 07, 2018, 01:23:42 AM
Yes bitcoin is a fvcking more than in the gold having a volative and peer to peer transactions is more usefull than minimg gold lol. I still prefer to just mined bitcoin than gold because it’s super profitble if we did it hehehe
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
January 07, 2018, 01:13:49 AM
Maybe bitcoin and would be a good repository of value, that is, acted in the role of the same gold, but it is very unstable. Judging by the way he jumps in price and according to his general behavior, all that he has been gaining for years can depreciate in an instant. Most likely, that someday it will be so. Therefore, I would not say that bitcoin is a new gold. He is too unreliable for this. Gold is gold after all, it is stability.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
January 06, 2018, 09:55:17 PM
It is known that money itself has no value, that’s why dollar, euro, etc. cannot be compared to gold. Gold is limited, so is Bitcoin. The price of gold depends on the cost of mining and supply/demand, so does Bitcoin. Gold acts as a store of value, so does Bitcoin mostly. Sure, there are number of issues that hinder Bitcoin, but it is following the right path to becoming a true digital gold soon.
I think on one hand bitcoin is better than gold because it is money making machine while gold cannot do the same in short time, and on the other hand gold is better that bitcoin because gold is real money and more secure than bitcoin because bitcoin cannot be hold by oneself while you can hold gold with yourself. Bitcoin can be hacked while gold cannot be. This is the big difference. Therefore I feel that bitcoin is not gold of the day. These two are different things compare to each other.

You are correct about that and one thing I wanna add about one of the advantages of bitcoin over gold is that you can accumulate as many as you can of the former without to worry about where to store it, unlike gold where you need to find a place to store it like the banks and or a vault.

With bitcoin, you can be a multimillionaire without letting anybody know it and you are at peace while having gold, you need to pay proper taxes and there will always be someone knows that you have that much amount of gold.
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
January 05, 2018, 03:26:52 AM
It is known that money itself has no value, that’s why dollar, euro, etc. cannot be compared to gold. Gold is limited, so is Bitcoin. The price of gold depends on the cost of mining and supply/demand, so does Bitcoin. Gold acts as a store of value, so does Bitcoin mostly. Sure, there are number of issues that hinder Bitcoin, but it is following the right path to becoming a true digital gold soon.
I think on one hand bitcoin is better than gold because it is money making machine while gold cannot do the same in short time, and on the other hand gold is better that bitcoin because gold is real money and more secure than bitcoin because bitcoin cannot be hold by oneself while you can hold gold with yourself. Bitcoin can be hacked while gold cannot be. This is the big difference. Therefore I feel that bitcoin is not gold of the day. These two are different things compare to each other.
January 04, 2018, 09:27:12 PM
You can compare bitcoin with gold and there are many similarities between them and it is reasonable to describe BTC as digital gold. They are rare commodities and you can't just create more BTC or gold. Gold and also BTC are very rare and there are limited amounts of BTC (there can never be more than 21 million bitcoins) and gold.

Correct - both gold and bitcoin has a maximum cap of numbers and thus that is why it is considered as a limited and scarce resource. This makes it more valuable than fiat money where the government can produce more as long as they want and in so doing, fiat value will decrease as it produces more.
Activity: 154
Merit: 4
January 02, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
Btc  its better then gold . modern days currency  its a digital currency . i hope btc will sustain another 100 years .
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 03:20:00 AM
BTC isn't the new gold. It is just something that is like gold, only digital.
Activity: 83
January 02, 2018, 03:19:13 AM
You can compare bitcoin with gold and there are many similarities between them and it is reasonable to describe BTC as digital gold. They are rare commodities and you can't just create more BTC or gold. Gold and also BTC are very rare and there are limited amounts of BTC (there can never be more than 21 million bitcoins) and gold.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 02:44:42 AM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

Gold would never be teplaced. GOld would always be the standard of rich people just because that no matter what era it is gold woukd always be valuable. Even if the internet is down there would still be balue in gold and that’s the weakness of cryptocurrency
Activity: 118
My Identity Coin
January 02, 2018, 02:35:19 AM
BTC is not like a gold because gold is not a only asset it is useful thing also but btc is not like that it is an asset. we should keep it for profit that's it. it is cryptocurrency. compared as price means then both are equal.
Activity: 112
January 02, 2018, 01:13:25 AM
Is BTC the new gold ?

in my opinion Gold is still a physical existing product
get from digging some on earth ground than a bitcoin mined
thru computer algorithm virtual world,
gold can never be replace by some virtual not existing product, it is not a good parameter to compare the bitcoin to gold , it is far equate
in reality gold is still more valuable than bitcoin because it does exist on our world and it is measured of one state richest because it is real and existing product ,
while bitcoin is an computer program that don't exist on our real world
only on virtual world yes , but never it can be compared Bitcoin to Gold.

don't be mistaken Im a pro and an investor on Bitcoin
but reality is far better than virtual things.
still there's more to look forward on the growth of bitcoin.

- Lei Crypto Gray
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 03:49:01 PM
No, i don't think that Bitcoin is the new Gold and that it will never be. they're two different things, because Gold is something physical that you can see and touch and Bitcoin is a cryptomoney so ... but has many caracteristics of Gold thoug.
January 01, 2018, 03:20:39 PM
Bitcoin can be said as an online gold asset that is almost the same as gold is useful for long-term investment or short-term and bitcoin enthusiasts are also getting bigger by the day

True. I think in the future, when all of the adjustment are made - like transaction fees and all that, bitcoin price will become stable and will already started to be use in everyday financial transactions of any individuals..
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
January 01, 2018, 02:16:34 PM
Yea btc is the new gold rush, nobody is really buying that old gold that much now  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
January 01, 2018, 02:07:53 PM
Bitcoin can be said as an online gold asset that is almost the same as gold is useful for long-term investment or short-term and bitcoin enthusiasts are also getting bigger by the day
Definately true!
I'll go with long term anyway  Cheesy
Wating the next high
Activity: 140
January 01, 2018, 12:16:20 PM
it s really new gold! i invested 1000$ Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
January 01, 2018, 12:09:41 PM
If viewed from the side of a valuable asset, then such an option is possible. But only on condition that central banks of countries add bitcoin to their gold and foreign reserves to increase highly liquid financial assets. This will be the height of the recognition of bitcoin as an asset.

Central Banks in my opinion would never change their view in accepting something that was thought against them as BTC. So in my opinion with Bitcoin you have to be the bank of yourself so you can truly own what you have. You can't anyway set its volatility because it is in its nature to be not controlled.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
December 25, 2017, 12:05:27 PM
Pages:
Jump to: