Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 10. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 06:21:28 AM
bitcoin is more than gold if we compared with the price both it is beyond double price many times. i would having btc right now
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 07, 2018, 06:10:42 AM
Bitcoin, I think, looks more like a digital "gold" than a currency.
Because of the slow transfer of bitcoin, the problem of block congestion still exists, so it's hard to be a real currency right now.
Activity: 27
February 07, 2018, 05:56:50 AM
gold has value because it is useful. it is not just an asset you invest in and nothing else. gold is being used in thousands of different places. in different amounts and shapes from big size in jewelries to tiny nano particles used in medical technologies.

bitcoin has value because it is useful too. it is not just an asset. bitcoin is useful because it is a currency which is decentralized. has high security and global. of course being cheap is desired but sadly for this short period of time we can not have that. hopefully we will in the near future again like we had low fees before.

Gold and Silver have unique properties, such as being the highest conductor for both heat/electricity. Silver is better than gold slightly in that aspect and also has antibacterial properties.

Agree bitcoin has its own unique properties, in places during the GFC people invested in bitcoin to avoid letting the banks steal their money.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
February 07, 2018, 05:53:45 AM
You can compare bitcoin with gold and there are many similarities between them and it is reasonable to describe BTC as digital gold. They are rare commodities and you can't just create more BTC or gold. Gold and also BTC are very rare and there are limited amounts of BTC (there can never be more than 21 million bitcoins) and gold.

Correct - both gold and bitcoin has a maximum cap of numbers and thus that is why it is considered as a limited and scarce resource. This makes it more valuable than fiat money where the government can produce more as long as they want and in so doing, fiat value will decrease as it produces more.

They are not telling you if they had discovered other gold somewhere - because if they reveal it its price goes down. That coul not happen with BTC
Guard your privacy
February 07, 2018, 05:49:58 AM
Is BTC the new gold ?

in my opinion Gold is still a physical existing product
get from digging some on earth ground than a bitcoin mined
thru computer algorithm virtual world,
gold can never be replace by some virtual not existing product, it is not a good parameter to compare the bitcoin to gold , it is far equate
in reality gold is still more valuable than bitcoin because it does exist on our world and it is measured of one state richest because it is real and existing product ,
while bitcoin is an computer program that don't exist on our real world
only on virtual world yes , but never it can be compared Bitcoin to Gold.

don't be mistaken Im a pro and an investor on Bitcoin
but reality is far better than virtual things.
still there's more to look forward on the growth of bitcoin.

- Lei Crypto Gray

I do not think so mate. Ok, it's not phisical like Gold but it has value.
And what about Bank Trasfer? They are not phisical either but one can receive the money from another person.

So what the main difference between BTC and Gold?
The first has a limited qualtity, and you will never mine more than 21M rather than Gold that can be discovered a new " line" in any day and potentially everywhere.

So its price depends of the quantity avaiable.
Make your consideration
Guard your privacy
February 07, 2018, 05:44:44 AM
Bitcoin can be said as an online gold asset that is almost the same as gold is useful for long-term investment or short-term and bitcoin enthusiasts are also getting bigger by the day

True. I think in the future, when all of the adjustment are made - like transaction fees and all that, bitcoin price will become stable and will already started to be use in everyday financial transactions of any individuals..

Definitaly true buddy!
It gonna takes many years however. Be patient and Hold like never before
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
February 04, 2018, 02:39:16 PM
Yes, bitcoin now possessed the characteristics of gold (invulnerable, indestructible, expensive, and more valuable).
The excellence of bitcoin in the industry brings them to achieve this title and I think they are deserve to crown to be gold and spread knowledge for the innovation of tomorrow.
Activity: 196
February 03, 2018, 11:11:12 AM
Bitcoin is digital gold and more precious metal for lifetime most valuable asset because of limited supply
Activity: 308
January 28, 2018, 01:54:44 PM
Bitcoin is a new gold, but the difference between bitcoin and gold is that, I think bitcoin is better than gold. In these few years, bitcoin has increased several times since the gold. Bitcoin will also increase in the future.
Activity: 33
January 28, 2018, 01:44:12 PM
gold and bitcoin is a big difference. Gold it's most Trusted in the world. And the price of gold is more stable. But I  wish someday Bitcoin is more popular and valuable than Gold.

True.. Both of them are valued differently, but at the same time, they are valued by what the consensus believe in.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 01:39:36 PM
gold and bitcoin is a big difference. Gold it's most Trusted in the world. And the price of gold is more stable. But I  wish someday Bitcoin is more popular and valuable than Gold.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
January 28, 2018, 01:35:23 PM
I get your point. Bitcoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, a digital money that can be used as an exchange for goods or even services, and to increase convenience and innovative. However it was not designed as it is supposed to be and now everyone is treating it like a gold. It drastically goes high in value.

That’s close to what I mean, yeah.
Activity: 98
January 28, 2018, 01:33:55 PM
I get your point. Bitcoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, a digital money that can be used as an exchange for goods or even services, and to increase convenience and innovative. However it was not designed as it is supposed to be and now everyone is treating it like a gold. It drastically goes high in value.
legendary
January 28, 2018, 01:30:58 PM
Have you figured out how to do this with bitcoin yet?

How about this:

Or this:

What is your point here? Bitcoin is having a different purpose when compared to that of gold. But that doesn't mean that there are no similarities between the two assets. Just like gold, Bitcoins can also be used to protect the value of your savings.

My point is the post above yours. You don’t need to compare bitcoin to gold, silver, debit cards, MasterCard, welfare cards, my daughter, my car or anything. I’m sure I can find similarities between bitcoin and all of them but they are fundamentally different.

Bitcoin can be sent around the world in minutes. Gold can’t.
Bitcoin, if used correctly, can eliminate the need for a broker or bank to help you. Gold can’t.
I can carry a million dollars worth of bitcoin in a number written on the underside of my dick. Try carrying a million dollars worth of gold with your dick.

Gold can be used to make jewelry, aerospace parts and computer electronics. Bitcoin can’t.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
January 28, 2018, 01:25:31 PM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
Gold is more widely used so it has the higher benefit of laymen investing into it. Btc is great fpr holding and to earn profits but the kowledge about it is quite scarce. It is easily one of the best investments to invest into to earn money through trading and invtg activitires.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
January 28, 2018, 01:21:17 PM
Have you figured out how to do this with bitcoin yet?

How about this:

Or this:

What is your point here? Bitcoin is having a different purpose when compared to that of gold. But that doesn't mean that there are no similarities between the two assets. Just like gold, Bitcoins can also be used to protect the value of your savings.
legendary
January 28, 2018, 01:14:09 PM
Why does everyone always want to compare bitcoin to something they already know. Is it that hard to wrap your head around something completely different?

My car is better than my daughter.

Sometimes my daughter refuses to eat. My car never refuses to eat gas.

My daughter sometimes won’t do what I ask her to do. My car never refuses my control and takes me everywhere I want to go.

My daughter and my car sometimes get sick. My car always lets the doctor do what he needs to do to make it well. My daughter screams and refuses to take a shot even though it will make her better.

My daughter is smart but my car has a gps that tells me where I am on the planet.

I guess I should keep my car and get rid of my daughter.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 12:15:32 PM
In my opinion, BTC is higher than gold. The problem is that the BTC goes up and low. While the gold only goes up but it takes years before it's price increases unlike Bitcoins..
Activity: 111
January 25, 2018, 10:07:03 AM
Gold exhibits two different use cases built upon its intrinsic value and scarcity. Gold is used for ornamentation due to the inherent properties it provides such as malleability and shine. Gold is also used as a store of value to hold wealth because of the scarcity.

While #bitcoin does not offer ornamental advantage, it has it’s own inherent advantages such as payment processing or data redundancy along with smart contracts. Additionally, #bitcoin is also designed to be scarce in nature allowing it to be a good alternative asset class to hold your wealth. For sure, #bitcoin is a competitive asset for ‘store of value’ currently to gold and it may optimistically surpass the volumes of investments in gold reserves in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
January 24, 2018, 08:06:56 PM
Bitcoin is not the new gold, this nonsense is tiring. One is a precious metal that has been used as a means of payment between man since the dawn of time. The other is a non-tangible digital asset with no real world “physical” uses. That being said owning both is the right move (depending on ones current portfolio).
Pages:
Jump to: