Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 2. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 331
Merit: 10
StartFi
March 25, 2018, 07:27:15 PM
I have the opinion that the BTC is more to be the new gold than a coin that will replace the fiat. Anyway I am investing in BTC and holding it for a long term
In my opinion, Bitcoin is just a new gold not more then it because they were all from mining and could be using as an currency for selling or trading .
There is just a little bit different on the way you're doing the trade or exchange , gold is little bit harder than Bitcoin because it's a real thing.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 07:25:52 PM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

We can say that people can rely more on bitcoins more than gold because everyone can work to obtain cryptocurrency while earning gold today is very hard since not everyone can really obtain and hold it for a very long time. Slow transactions and high fee's will not be a problem in the block chain in the future because the technology is improving day by day.
Activity: 364
March 25, 2018, 07:22:23 PM
This is a rather controversial issue and everyone decides for himself what bitcoin is for him and whether he will replace gold. Personally, bitcoin is more profitable for me, because it can earn much more and faster.
Activity: 378
March 25, 2018, 07:12:38 PM
It is difficult to compare these two diametrically opposed means of investment. But bitcoin, for me personally, is gold. My relatives used to buy gold products for safe storage of money, but I use bitcoin for this purpose.
Activity: 286
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 06:56:07 PM
I have the opinion that the BTC is more to be the new gold than a coin that will replace the fiat. Anyway I am investing in BTC and holding it for a long term
Activity: 392
March 25, 2018, 06:45:49 PM
It is much easier to keep bitcoins safe rather than gold which needs special conditions and a secure place. Your private keys can be stored almost anywhere as long as they are encrypted. Also, it is much easier to use Bitcoin for transactions even though the fees are high. Gold storage costs far more than Bitcoin's. Bitcoin has a high chance to replace gold in terms of investment.

You are correct for that kind of point of view.  Bitcoin can be stored in your wallet and can access anywhere with your private keys. Gold in the other hand is a valuable one but need to keep it in a very safe place. 

I also believe that in the future bitcoin may replace gold in terms of investment.
Activity: 27
March 25, 2018, 06:24:42 PM
It can be said even though gold will always be a value. It looks like bitcoin is the gold of the cryptomonas.
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
March 25, 2018, 06:11:20 PM
I think it is, As of now im just some searching about this bitcoin and what the people say about bitcoin, Some of them are said bitcoin will be have a big value than gold. Because bitcoin for it's always increasing the value and it is a first time that i see bitcoin was reach in $17000 it's a big value of bitcoin and bitcoin for now are now popular to the people in around the world.
Activity: 154
March 24, 2018, 04:05:04 PM
Bitcoin can't be compared to gold at my opinion because have no value like gold. Bitcoin is living just because of trust of people , gold is living because of value.
Activity: 192
March 24, 2018, 04:01:56 PM
Yup of course that's right, bitcoin is digital gold. Buy bitcoin at a cheap price and sell it at an expensive price or bitcoin on the way up. Just as real gold buys when it comes down and sells when it goes up.
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
March 22, 2018, 05:05:22 PM
Looking for a worthy project in which to invest money? Red Lanterns. https://goo.gl/RddguE
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
March 24, 2018, 03:45:32 PM
I hope comparison between bitcoin and gold stops because bitcoin is not gold. The price keeps on fluctuating and continues to move forward unlike gold that changes its price slowly and acts as a long term investment.

The difference between gold and Bitcoin is that the daily trade volume for Bitcoin (with respective to its market cap) is much higher than that of gold. And this is the primary reason why Bitcoin is more volatile than gold.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
March 22, 2018, 08:53:47 AM
Can be said so, if gold is unlimited but bitcoin is limited, with 21 million stocks and now only 20% left untapped, I'm sure the bitcoin future will continue to improve even though bitcoin will not last forever.
Activity: 206
Merit: 6
March 22, 2018, 08:51:37 AM
Yes it may be the new gold or it may be more than we are just thinking about it. Look at the journey of the Bitcoin, wgere it first started and where it is right now. There may be tough journey, 10,000 Bitcoin for a pizaa to 10,000 pizza for a coin. It shows its power to the world. Picture is not over yet, there may be twist in the tale. Get yourself ready for the movie after intermission.
Activity: 462
March 22, 2018, 08:49:24 AM
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?

I don't think so. Bitcoins today are still in need of a good redesign or update to be and remain the king of all cryptocurrencies. However, if you play your cards right, then bitcoins will get a run for your money once invested at the right time. Plus, bitcoins can't conduct electricity and wear it as a bracelet compared to gold.
Activity: 278
March 22, 2018, 08:24:20 AM
Bitcoin has become the new gold, since it has a great value, with the difference that gold is tangible and bitcoin is an intangible cryptocurrency, however, both assets are very appreciated all over the world.
Activity: 252
March 22, 2018, 08:11:43 AM
Bisa jadi.yang jelas BTC adalah aset yang dengan cepat naik dan kadang juga turun nilai jualnya.
Tapi BTC lebih di sukai dari pada emas.
Karena emas agak susah naik nilai jualnya.
Activity: 55
March 22, 2018, 08:07:53 AM
Yes, bitcoin is gold in the sphere of cryptocurrency. Currently low fees in the network, all are oriented to bitcoin since this currency is the oldest and more reliable than other tokens. I trust bitcoin more than other currencies, it's more reliable, I think so.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
March 22, 2018, 07:52:07 AM

What do you think ?
The idea came from somewhere else, just like Angels having wings or halos: it's never actually mentioned in the bible, but someone painted it once, it became popular culture, so now it's a common belief.

The idea of a world currency is guesswork. Basically in the bible the antichrist (or whomever) will rule over every nation, person and language. So, it's assumed that in order for this to happen it has to be a one-world government and are therefore using a one-world currency.

This confirms, however, that it couldn't possibly be Bitcoin or any other alt currency. They are mostly decentralized. A one-world currency would need to be a government created and owned cryptocurrency or fiat. Or maybe there's no currency at all, it's not a requirement.

What I find most interesting about the end times though is that fictional writers (books, TV, movies) always show "good people" trying to stop the end times from happening. But, if it's something that's prophesied to happen and it's God's Word, wouldn't Christians actually want to hasten the arrival of the end times? Trying to fight the inevitable is foolishly working against God, and a complete waste of their purpose.

Anyways, I always thought it would be a cool idea for something in fiction: people trying to kickstart the apocalypse are actually the ones in the right. Smiley

You are the genius! I almost cried on my seat reading it - you really need to write a book or something.
Apart from that I agree with you that it needs to be a world without borders if BTC could be the only currency circulated and this is just a dream. So in the reality this will never happen.

BUT, and here we are discussing the "new gold" however - in the internet there isn't any border so there it could be the only currency to use ; so you can buy stuff online and be paid in BTC as we see more and more example happening.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
March 20, 2018, 10:04:10 AM

What do you think ?
BTC is obviously much more than gold. It is an kind of investment that anyone even can't think of. It is an very big achievement and great opportunity for every human. About an decade ago , people used to invest their money in gold but investing into BTC is much more profitable than any other investment and moreover one need not to wait that long to get profit like people wait in gold and in future BTC will be the prime method for transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: