Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 8. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 05:31:51 AM
Of course everyone who does not know bitcoin will think of it, but there are two things about the uniqueness of bitcoin, bitcoin can be used as currency and bitcoin can also be used as gold, only bitcoin is not shaped like real currency or gold, this is the uniqueness of bitcoin in the world of digital currencies ..

bitcoin can be used as currency and bitcoin can also be used as gold
what do you mean that it can be used as gold? Bitcoin cannot be used as a gold because bitcoin dont have a physical shape. Gold can be used as a curency and it can also be used as an accesory that can be wore but bitcoin cant do this. However bitcoin can do many things that gold cannot do , like for example bitcoin can act as a currency or medium in order to pay or buy stuffs online/offline while on the other hand , bitcoin can also be an asset and can be used as a tool in order to do other things such as trading , investing , gambling , etc.

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
March 01, 2018, 05:23:50 AM
Gold will always be gold and noting can compare o gold ......bitcoin however just like gold is in a class by itself with is ability to transcend borders as it does not need the established financial red taped system to initiate or complete a transaction.with the implementation of the lightening network in a couple months it will become a major player no one in financial circles can pretend to ignore .

I don't think so about Gold.
What made gold to be so well know ?
People used to wear it and it has unique feature like to be one of the most resistance of the metals - and of course its scarcity.

But when it started to spread all over the world the news that gold can be traded - so it has a value indeed and not just like something that does not mean a thing.

The same goes for BTC.
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
February 22, 2018, 07:50:52 PM
Gold will always be gold and noting can compare o gold ......bitcoin however just like gold is in a class by itself with is ability to transcend borders as it does not need the established financial red taped system to initiate or complete a transaction.with the implementation of the lightening network in a couple months it will become a major player no one in financial circles can pretend to ignore .
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
February 22, 2018, 07:28:33 PM
Gold may have another flat year unless it can break 1,400. With the fed raising rates it will prob stay stagnant for a bit but long term it is a good, reliable investment. It's a good idea to have all investments, crypto, stocks,gold, silver and real estate. Cover your ass it's hard to make enough to retire
Activity: 468
Experience the Future of DeFi
February 21, 2018, 06:32:56 PM
A speculative asset. Yes, can be. Because it is a commodity, like Gold, wherein you bought in exchange for cash. We cannot see it for now its purpose since it is on its developmental stage. Bitcoin cannot be consider now as digital cash in real world because its not yet recognize as currency worldwide.
Activity: 2110
Merit: 502
February 21, 2018, 06:32:07 PM
Of course everyone who does not know bitcoin will think of it, but there are two things about the uniqueness of bitcoin, bitcoin can be used as currency and bitcoin can also be used as gold, only bitcoin is not shaped like real currency or gold, this is the uniqueness of bitcoin in the world of digital currencies ..
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 06:22:19 PM
Bitcoin is new gold because bitcoin today more than the pride value of gold...in our life bitcoin will very useful more than gold. Gold price increase due to the year but bitcoin everyday changes his price. In my opinion bitcoin is new gold.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 05:45:47 PM
Gold is something everyone would like to have at this point but bitcoin has many chances to be better than gold. It's just a matter of time
Activity: 126
February 21, 2018, 02:40:22 PM
Yes but btc is more better than gold cause btc price is higher than gold
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
I think bitcoin is better than gold because gold is long lasting and is expensive for a long time but bitcoin is faster than its price so bitcoin is better than gold.
Activity: 196
February 21, 2018, 07:37:35 AM
I think not because the btc was already parnah there's just not as high value right now and I think btc's gold is old because the bitcoin has been created long enough and I think it's old gold but its value is rising dramatically and popular nowadays and bitcoin although it's been a while but its worth for now it is very high.
Activity: 153
February 20, 2018, 08:05:48 AM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I could say that bitcoin is the new gold. Gold will have no value if we all agree that it does not have a value. It is only valuable because we all agree that it is valuable. Like for bitcoin, we all agree that the scarcity of bitcoin would be the main attribute why it is expensive.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
February 20, 2018, 08:00:27 AM
I think that bitcoin is not new gold, more exactly bitcoin is a new type of investment that can give bigger profit than gold. bitcoin and gold are different because the bitcoin is intangible and gold is a kind of precious metal

in terms of bitcoin being intangible and gold as tangible is kinda obvious - what I think should we compare them with is their value. During the old good days of gold rush, the scenario seems the same, many people flock to mine and accumulate bitcoins just like before where people were also mining and trying to get golds as much as they could.

That a great compare - at first everyone is willing to gain more than others. But with Gold you'll never know how much there are out there ( because who found do not tell you) - with BYC will know since the beginning how much will be in circulation.

And beside gold, Bitcoin can really solve an issue here: getting rid of the banks that have been collapsing the entire economy.
Maybe Gold was used in a such way thousands of years ago when there was no other way to exchange goods. But now we live in a digitale and intere era with still a currency printed!
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
February 19, 2018, 07:54:50 PM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

Maybe. But compared to gold, supplies of bitcoins are way smaller compared to gold. Gold also has more uses other than giving value to money or being gold reserves for banks and countries. We can also use gold as a means to power our electronics. But I guess we could say bitcoins are the new virtual gold.
Activity: 65
February 19, 2018, 07:46:59 PM
Gold and Bitcoin is totally different from each other... Bitcoin is a digital currency while Gold will remain as it is... Though, they both have a very attractive value nowadays.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
February 19, 2018, 07:35:40 PM
I think that bitcoin is not new gold, more exactly bitcoin is a new type of investment that can give bigger profit than gold. bitcoin and gold are different because the bitcoin is intangible and gold is a kind of precious metal

in terms of bitcoin being intangible and gold as tangible is kinda obvious - what I think should we compare them with is their value. During the old good days of gold rush, the scenario seems the same, many people flock to mine and accumulate bitcoins just like before where people were also mining and trying to get golds as much as they could.
Activity: 32
February 16, 2018, 08:25:59 AM
BTC is not a new gold. I think BTC is more like stocks than gold. Prices up and down are like looking at the stock market.
Activity: 154
February 16, 2018, 08:07:53 AM
In my opinion btc is new gold.Bitcoin transcation so fast there is no need long time for btc transcation.BitcoinIts the most highly valuable asset that has turned into the most precious gold because of its price increasement day by day going so high that its becoming gold and asset for long term holders.
Activity: 262
Merit: 2
February 16, 2018, 07:47:46 AM
for me it's worth mentioning that btc is new gold because the price increase of btc is higher than gold, the gold is due to the year you wait before the price rises or falls so your revenue is slower here but bitcoin everyday changes its price significantly from your gold sales and it's better to sell btc for bigger profits.
Activity: 406
February 16, 2018, 07:17:54 AM
To me, it's in a few words that we can say that bitcoin as another gold but more valuable than gold because it improves the life of a very admirable individual from bitcoin side, so maybe we should consider that bitcoin as a precious stone and platinum like contrast. Cool
Pages:
Jump to: