Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum going to Die? - page 43. (Read 19640 times)

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
November 19, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
I am a long term supporter  of Ethereum and  know that it is the most trusted network to create smart contracts but the kind of Huge fees for withdrawal and swapping of tokens, we have to nowadays due to slow network or congestion , is going to make it unpopular coin in coming months and other networks like, Binance, EOS, Polka Dot may take its place . The issue with Ethereum is that its developers are trying to scale running Blockchain which is like repairing a car while driving.

I don't think they suddenly started using ETH less, just a turnover. The growth of commissions shows that projects of the Ethereum network have become in great demand and this is in no way similar to what you write. At the expense of other platforms that they can take the place of ETH, well, let them try, because this conversation has been going on for several years, but Ethereum, as a leader, remains so. You need to understand that Ethereum is not just a cryptocurrency, it is a whole ecosystem with a developed infrastructure, as well as a great demand.
Activity: 532
Merit: 36
There is gold in volatility..
November 19, 2020, 12:40:31 PM
The issue with Ethereum is that its developers are trying to scale running Blockchain which is like repairing a car while driving.

There is what we called competition by innovation and differentiation in business. A weakness of one crypto platform for instance etheruem is an opportunity for others to leverage thereby taking over the market share.

As a matter of fact, that is what is going to happen in this space when very innovative projects emerge.
Activity: 339
Merit: 100
November 19, 2020, 12:32:36 PM
I agree with you due to the high fee, especially when making any transaction in UniSwap. Sometimes it shows in hundreds of dollars. I think this is the Uniswap type website side fee?
Ethereum will have a major update soon, gas fees issue should be resolved by ethereum 2.0. I also don't think that people will easily leave Ethereum considering that Ethereum is one of the strongest top coins today.
We have less than a month and more than 400k ETH need to deposit into Ethereum staking smart contract to enter phase 2 of ETH 2.0. I don't think it's easy to achieve, and ETH 2.0 still remains a big question about its capabilities.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2020, 12:29:23 PM
I agree with you due to the high fee, especially when making any transaction in UniSwap. Sometimes it shows in hundreds of dollars. I think this is the Uniswap type website side fee?
Ethereum will have a major update soon, gas fees issue should be resolved by ethereum 2.0. I also don't think that people will easily leave Ethereum considering that Ethereum is one of the strongest top coins today.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
November 19, 2020, 12:26:24 PM
I am a long term supporter  of Ethereum and  know that it is the most trusted network to create smart contracts but the kind of Huge fees for withdrawal and swapping of tokens, we have to nowadays due to slow network or congestion , is going to make it unpopular coin in coming months and other networks like, Binance, EOS, Polka Dot may take its place . The issue with Ethereum is that its developers are trying to scale running Blockchain which is like repairing a car while driving.

I don't know why did you ask this none sense question. Perhaps, you know that Ethereum is most often the place every time
there is a new projects that will arise in this business industry. Though, there are several altcoins out there also where they doing the same thing as what ETH did in terms of some of the features.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
November 19, 2020, 12:13:31 PM

Ethereum is not going to die because there is congestion in their network and because of the doubling of their fee, it can be stabilize and in the course it will go back to normal just like what happen in the past, if something is wrong that does not mean that it's the end for the top coin in the market, they have not reached their status only to die on something that can be fix overtime.
Ethereum won't die for such reason, that's how development works. ETH 2.0 could be the solution to this problem. If it is just fees which are the problem, not to mention traffic in transactions, I do believe that its team could work things out, we just need to give them time to fix things. Ethereum likewise with Bitcoin, has a large community of users and that is I think, enough to not let this digital currency to fall completely. Maybe we just need to work, and for sure problem won't be permanent.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 263
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 19, 2020, 12:09:40 PM
I've seen you logged into this forum since 2018, but do you know how Ethereum has developed since then? or do you know since when Ethereum was born then developed slowly so that it becomes popular as it is today? If you don't know about it, it's a good idea to read about Ethereum first, in this case I don't blame what you say, but until now the Ethereum platform is still widely used by people in crypto even though sometimes the transaction fees are expensive and there are other platform options like, Binance, EOS, PolkaDot which they are also good.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
November 19, 2020, 12:01:24 PM

Ethereum is not going to die because there is congestion in their network and because of the doubling of their fee, it can be stabilize and in the course it will go back to normal just like what happen in the past, if something is wrong that does not mean that it's the end for the top coin in the market, they have not reached their status only to die on something that can be fix overtime.
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 19, 2020, 11:49:59 AM
I don't think Ethereum will die. This project is still in the trust of many people and if I'm not mistaken the team is working on improvements to this project, especially with the problem of expensive transaction costs. I am also a little disappointed by the current high ETH transaction fees, but I am sure this problem will be resolved soon. The market has recovered, Bitcoin has pumped quite well and has had an impact on ethereum's price too so, what else is the problem besides expensive transaction fees or transaction bottlenecks?
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
November 19, 2020, 11:43:19 AM
I don't think so. The price of Ethereum now is that that really good compare to the previous years back but remember the Ethereum  price was only started like 11 usd way back when its launched. Also Ethereum has its name already in the crypto world, so I don't believe it will die and gone. It has been the top 2 cryptocurrency for a long time next to bitcoin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 19, 2020, 11:40:15 AM
This time those smartcontracts project other than ethereum scalable enough and this time those projects didn't even make ethereum go out from the second position in CMC.
I think that those smartcontracts have no chance to be ethereum killers. Almost all of the defi and IEO platforms on binance were using ERC20 tokens while another platform didn't get enough demand from market for tokenization
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
November 19, 2020, 11:38:21 AM
Why would Ethereum die because of transaction fee? I as a person im still willing to use ethereum even if gas fee skyrocket like that of 2017, those who are complaining about gas fee have very low to none Ethereum that's why but even saying ethereum could die because of gas fee is ridiculous
Seems Op is not a true supporter of ethereum, fees may possibly reduce in the future since this project is still on improvement. We all know that there are many users of this platform and even use smart contracts for the project. I can’t see the possibility of ethereum to die rather it will grow in the future and even more in demand.
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
November 19, 2020, 11:25:32 AM
That's your own thought, more people will still prefer to keep using ethereum even if transaction fee is high, in 2017 when ethereum gas fee was over 10$ many keep using, no one said it was over because of gas fee, it's just that it will be harder for those who have low quantity of ethereum
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
November 19, 2020, 11:15:06 AM
So have you ever wondered that the Ethereum platform is very slow and the deposit / withdraw fee is very high but still has hundreds of millions of dollars traded every day? It is important that the crowd still trusts the Ethereum platform, and all Defi projects that want value and are easy to raise funds need the ERC-20 platform.  So I reaffirm once again that the foundation of Ethereum will never fail, it just grows better Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
November 19, 2020, 11:13:42 AM
Why would Ethereum die because of transaction fee? I as a person im still willing to use ethereum even if gas fee skyrocket like that of 2017, those who are complaining about gas fee have very low to none Ethereum that's why but even saying ethereum could die because of gas fee is ridiculous
Activity: 2156
Merit: 531
November 19, 2020, 11:05:30 AM
adjust to topic and the content section of talks I don't know that because as we go along there will definitely be new project that will develop ,I think ethereum will not a die if you continue to support buy ethereum and the problem cost in this industry is commonplace but it is quite troublesome if you have a minimum budget
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
November 19, 2020, 10:39:33 AM
You just need to wait and it will decrease the fee of the ethereum and I don't think this coin will die because every month there is a lot of new investors and projects use this coin because they see the potential.

Im a supporter of the ethereum and I think Im going to trust more to this because I see a lot of good happens maybe they have some changes or bad things happen but it is only a little compared to a lot of good news so I think this coin will live longer and will not die.
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
November 19, 2020, 10:25:45 AM
If any coin or token start surging higher their transaction fee will skyrocket, this is how things work in crypto world and presently ethereum haven't even made it pass 1000$ yet, why are you complaining? Even bitcoin transaction fee will increase once it's over 12,000$, how will increment in transaction fee kills a project?
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
November 19, 2020, 10:23:09 AM
We can't say that because the price of eth is starting to rise again because of their new project ETH 2.0 so when it starts I'm sure the price of eth will rise again so while the price of eth is still cheap start buying and just hold until eth 2.0 starts lunch lunch many are expected to participate in this event.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
November 19, 2020, 10:18:56 AM
I do not know about you and i respect your opinion but i am very confident that eth 2.0 will deliver and the developers of eth will live upto the expectations of the community. Do remember that eth has the biggest number of active developers working on it than anyother project.
Pages:
Jump to: