Pages:
Author

Topic: Is every country really corrupt? - page 21. (Read 3093 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
December 07, 2017, 10:16:30 AM
I don't know, but everyone from my country thinks that ours is the most corrupt in world. Is it the same in yours too? If so...why, or how come?
Yes, I believe that every country are corrupt. Because some in the position are not contented of their lives. So they corrupt money to other people to sustain their needs.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the
December 07, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
Not all country..I thinks United States is one of the corruption free country..it one of the progressive country
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 07, 2017, 07:51:17 AM
I don't know, but everyone from my country thinks that ours is the most corrupt in world. Is it the same in yours too? If so...why, or how come?

I don't think that all country's are corrupt, simply because there are very successful countries out there. If those countries were really corrupt then how on earth and where did they get the money, to build structures, good roads and bridges, have enough food and job for it's people. I believe these countries were able to do this because they are not corrupt at all.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 07:19:30 AM
The politicians are the corrupt not the country itself. Some politicians are dedicated to their advocacy but many of them are also just greedy to powers and money. If we generalize the country as a whole its unfair to others who give their life and time just to help others and want to improve his/her constituents.
Activity: 113
December 07, 2017, 06:59:04 AM
Not all countries are corrupt, I think some small countries the government has stricly regulation about corruption and punishment was very strong. Some least countries corrupt was:

1. Denmark, CPI : 92, Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world with a CPI score of 92. The administrative corruption, business corruption and other form of corruption are very rare in Denmark. The country has a unitary parliamentary system with constitutional monarchy.

2. New Zealand, CPI : 91, New Zealand is the second least corrupt country with a CPI score of 91. New Zealand has a parliamentary system with a constitutional monarchy. Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state of New Zealand. The New Zealand government follows the Westminster model. The judiciary of New Zealand is completely independent from the executive branch and the legislature. In that way the judiciary of New Zealand maintains the accountability and impartiality.

3. Finland, CPI : 89, Finland is a parliamentary republic and the Prime Minister is the head of the government. The political leaders in Finland have a strong commitment against corruption. Finland government also maintains a much transparent mechanism and efficient integrity systems. The independent judiciary and strong legal framework also lower the chances of different forms of corruption in the country.

4. Sweden, CPI : 87, Sweden is a parliamentary democratic with a constitutional monarchy. This country globally known for its high quality life, equality, human development, education and health. The government system of Sweden is also transparent and stable. The government agencies of Sweden considered the corruption as ‘abuse of power’. There is also a efficient anti-corruption unit in Sweden to investigate and prosecute corruption.

5. Norway, CPI : 86, Norway is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system. The monarchy is the head of the state and the government lead by the prime minister. The judiciary of Norway is completely independent from the executive and legislature branches. Norway also has a strict and efficient anti-corruption legislation. It helps to maintains the high standard within the public sector of Norway.

6. Switzerland, CPI : 86, Switzerland has a federal directional democratic republic system for its government. Here, people have right to influence the activities of government through proper referanda. This direct democracy makes Swiss government as one of most stable democratic system in the world. The country also has a strong legal framework and effective anti-corruption laws. It helps the Swiss government to maintain a much clean system within their public sector.

7. Singapore, CPI : 84, Singapore is the fifth least corrupt country in the world. The country has a unitary parliamentary system with Westminster system. There is special agency called CPIB ( Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau ) in Singapore to investigate and to take legal actions against corruption. The powerful judicial system in Singapore is globally known for its legitimacy and impartiality in law.

8. Netherlands, CPI : 83, Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy with a unitary parliamentary system. The current head of the state is King Willem Alexander. The King is in charge of appointing the Mayors and Politicians to the government. The prime minister is the head of  the Dutch government. To keep the corruption level as low as possible, the Dutch government follows a transparent judiciary and effective anti-corruption programs.

9. Luxembourg, CPI : 82, Luxembourg is the richest and one of the smallest countries in European Union. It is the only remaining sovereign Duchy in the world. The low corruption rate is the another great thing about Luxembourg. This country has a unitary parliamentary system with a constitutional monarchy. Luxembourg government is highly concern about the implementation of anti-corruption laws. The administration within judiciary is also very transparent in this country.

10. Canada, CPI : 81, Canadian parliamentary system has three main branches, Monarch, Senate and house of commons. Queen Elizabeth II is the current Canadian monarchy. What makes Canada a least corrupt country is its open and democratic parliamentary system. Apart from that, Canada is also known for high quality life, educational system and government transparency.

Activity: 111
December 07, 2017, 05:27:44 AM

Indeed, many countries are corrupt, depending on whether government is clean or not. we do not know that.
Activity: 123
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
December 07, 2017, 05:15:54 AM
Yes i understand that majority of the countries at this time are corrupt like my own country but still there are countries that trully loves their citizens and not think of gaining money out if them.
It depends the government to handle their country. Because some of the politician are corrupt. So the situation of the country is not good.
Activity: 81
December 07, 2017, 04:46:39 AM
I do not know from what country you are, but in the country where I live, there are a lot of corruption. It can be seen in hospitals, universities and government bodies. Sadly, there is corruption.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
December 07, 2017, 02:50:31 AM
And you did not think so. Wealth always broke everyone's brains and made them merciless towards others and very cunning. Therefore, people should not be allowed to give reasons for corruption or strongly punish for it, then you can bring a little to the level.
Activity: 102
December 07, 2017, 02:39:35 AM
I would say yes, we today could get lots of information about GOV corruption.
Activity: 112
December 07, 2017, 01:01:14 AM
It is not the country that should be pointed out but the people of that country. Greed is one of the major factors why countries are being dragged down by corruption. I hope tnere are capital punishments like death penalties for those individual proven to have stolen from people's money
Activity: 227
Merit: 26
PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵
December 07, 2017, 01:01:05 AM
Hard question to answer in a simple way. My best guess would be a yes but to what level is hard to judge. Human greed creates corruption all over in the world, every country included. I'm sure certain countries are more corrupt than others but it depends how you are determining the level of corruption in the first place.
Activity: 1593
Merit: 502
December 07, 2017, 12:42:19 AM
In anywhere there is corruption too, There are many countries with almost obvious corruption but some countries it is just not seen openly like other countries. Corruption is fuelled by power and greed.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
December 07, 2017, 12:15:22 AM
Acts of corruption are committed by irresponsible people whose purpose is to earn money in an unrighteous manner aimed at enriching themselves. If there are still many such as people like to acts corrupt who are in government in a country, then the country will not develop
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 04:39:36 AM
I believe most of countries on the world have corruption, it just depends on it it big or small to be known by public.
Activity: 87
December 06, 2017, 04:01:03 AM
There is corruption in every country in the world. In some countries, it is to a greater extent in some countries less. In our country, corruption has reached unprecedented proportions.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 03:49:08 AM

Probably, but it seen often in the TV that most corrupt countries are from Africa or Latin America , and nothing will change that.
Activity: 112
December 06, 2017, 03:47:59 AM
Maybe not. There are still those countries where people do not care about money and just try to live a peaceful life. I would like to believe that there are still goodness at everyone in a whole small place where corruption does not exists.
Activity: 74
December 06, 2017, 03:32:03 AM
There is no country in the world that has no corruption in their system. Most countries have tried so hard to minimise their level of corruption while others have taken it to the level of impunity. The global corruption perception index on a yearly basis rates countries as against some key criteria. Most countries, particularly the Scandinavian have done a lot to reduce corruption through good governance.

However, in Africa, corruption is still very rife and my country Nigeria is trying hard to fight the menace to no avail.
Activity: 88
Merit: 18
December 06, 2017, 02:53:25 AM
Yes. Because all countries are governed by people.
People are by definition selfish, self-centered and immoral.

Degree of corruption differs though.
Pages:
Jump to: