Pages:
Author

Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits - page 42. (Read 18255 times)

Activity: 424
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 04:08:00 AM
Holding for long term is valid only when you got in on a trade quite early and cheap. it is bad to hold the tip of a market for a long time, you will get burnt. this market is very volatile, so hold only very promising coins and cheap ones for long term basis.
Activity: 322
January 22, 2018, 02:46:30 AM
Well, it depends on your strategy, and type of coins you've select. For instance, if you find a new perspective coin, which will be able to enter in top 50 crypto, you will better hold it till your expectations come true.
I agree with you.
it all depends on what altcoin we have, because there is a good altcoin for the long term and there are even coins whose prices are falling.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 02:22:50 AM
sure, holding crypto makes you millionaire, hold up to 2018-2020
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 01:09:29 AM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

Yes of course specially where on the bull market right now where BTC and altcoins will up simultaneously ths is where Hodlers always win. Scalpers win on the bearish market but you can also scalp now but I prefer holding then take a rest lol.
Activity: 64
January 21, 2018, 11:49:23 PM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

For long term investments I think it is still considered as a valid way to make. Long term holding to coins that have potentials can grow your money x100 or x1000, depending on the coin's capability in the market.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
January 21, 2018, 11:46:15 PM
I have decided to Hodl, but into a project (SAFEX) with enormous potential.  It is still in its infancy as a project, but 2018 should be its breakout year.  Given that you can still pick up SAFEX for about 5c a piece, it's cheap enough to buy into in significant volume for not very much money. Once the SAFEX Marketplace is in operation, I may even get involved as a curator within one of the marketplace segments.

I have no intention of ever selling my SAFEX - I plan to reap the rewards of the dividend payments for the rest of my life, assuming it all goes to plan.  And if it doesn't then the loss is minor.  It's all about the potential rewards.
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
January 21, 2018, 06:46:14 PM
YES holding coins will give profits!
The alternative is (day)trading. It could (to soe people it does) give you a hiher return, but it costs a lot of time and energie and could work totally addictive (control your life). If you are sensitive to this kind of additions, you'd better buy and HOLD!
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
January 21, 2018, 03:44:14 PM
Yes, there is still a good alternative, supporting them, can give us a good profit, because their price is constantly increasing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
January 21, 2018, 01:10:43 PM
Well, it depends on your strategy, and type of coins you've select. For instance, if you find a new perspective coin, which will be able to enter in top 50 crypto, you will better hold it till your expectations come true.
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
January 21, 2018, 11:45:37 AM
Just buy a little every week and hold for long term. Forget price, you will make money  Grin
Activity: 224
January 21, 2018, 11:43:01 AM
We still have time to earn money. You just need to choose a good token for holding. Just buy some tokens and wait. It is a "young" market. It will grow.
this kind of mentality we should have these days, people like going crazy if there is major correction, i don't know but i think people losing their heads with that event is newbie in this industry thus makes more fuds a long the way. Hope people will learn that cryptocurrency is hard to take down and hodling will really give us profits for everyone.
Activity: 259
January 21, 2018, 11:11:52 AM
HODL guys, don’t sell anything in loss soon market will be green and people who sell in loss will be crying.. 😎😎
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem
January 21, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
We still have time to earn money. You just need to choose a good token for holding. Just buy some tokens and wait. It is a "young" market. It will grow.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
January 21, 2018, 10:27:09 AM
Long term holding is profitable only if your sure that the token you are going to hold on will get higher in the long run but if not, I guess much better to apply short term holding for you to get profit in a short period of time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
January 21, 2018, 09:08:22 AM
depend what price you buy it and what coin you HODL
some coin will increase rate
but some coin will not has value
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
January 21, 2018, 08:51:16 AM
Do not belittle the capability of HODLING this is as always effective specially if you a long-term investors, you will gain a good profit from it you do it right. There are lots of good altcoins out there that will give you a good profit you will just have to find them and it's free.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 21, 2018, 08:19:34 AM
I'm not thinking of becoming a millionaire by holding but I know that I can make decent profit with it in due time. And we can't also remove the fact that there are early adopters who just held their bitcoin for years and sold it when it's on the peak. Also with altcoins, look on what Chris Larsen made him millionaire, he held his XRP and sold it while it's on ATH. I believe that holding can make you prosperous but it all depends to the coins that you are holding.
Activity: 126
January 21, 2018, 07:08:57 AM

I just saw this on my twitter feed.. and I think this should be one of the best answer for this question:

@robertreidmd: "Bitcoin has "crashed" 30% SIX TIMES in 2017.  Each "crash" has been followed by an increase of: 76%, 237%, 183%, 165%, 152%.  Bitcoin takes 7 steps forward, 2 steps back, 7 steps forward, 2 steps back.  Every 2 steps back is heralded as the end of #bitcoin.  Relax!"

Smiley

Many experts suggest HODLing BTC or crypto for the long term is a smart move! Don't panic.. Just HODL! Smiley

I still believe that hodling will give you much earnings rather than trading it. Patience is really something I learned in my crypto journey. And i just have to agree with this one. 👍🏼
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 06:42:26 AM

Yes of course it is still valid till forever if this cryptocurrency world still exist.
Holding is much better and easier to all trader, new or old trader are still profitable. I think i will always as a holder rather than day trader  because day trader needs high skill and more complicated for me.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
January 21, 2018, 06:04:45 AM
Ofcourse it is especially if you getting tokens from a tokensale the value of coins usually goes up as the actual product is put on the market and investors know what they paid for and holding makes more sense.
Pages:
Jump to: