Pages:
Author

Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits - page 37. (Read 18255 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255
February 11, 2018, 04:12:15 PM
Hodling is still the most secure option to get profit. Nothing was changed. but don't forget to fix profit sometimes, if the price makes x2-x3 - more safe strategy is to sell the half of holdings and other half to keep for ages until it makes x10-x20 Wink But don't buy and don't hold shit coins, they don't make you millionaire
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
February 11, 2018, 03:09:42 PM
Look for projects that have value, research about the team, their tech, if it will be needed in the future. If answer is yes, then hodling makes sense. For example ether.

Activity: 164
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 01:55:11 PM
In my opinion just try to watch the value of different altcoins.In which you could also say if you are to hodl or to sell your coins.Its also about your decision that matters if to where or not sell your thing.If hodling will make your investment grow then hodl it but if you think that its time to sell then go sell it!
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 12:15:14 PM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?
I do really think to earn in holding at a right time to hold but I'm not expecting too much like to earn millions just by holding. I must do focus on about working, joining bounty programs and to hold what I have if I really had to. We always taking a risk to earn because this is what we worked for. Many bounty projects may don't pay us but atleast we try to earn coins or tokens we hold for in not just doing investing to have a money to hold for.
Activity: 71
Merit: 6
CryptoNerd.io
February 11, 2018, 08:07:24 AM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

of course you can.

some play with coinflipping right after ico, some will wait for more profits.

I've sold pillar, insurex wayy to fast instead of hodling...

sometimes its better to hodl
Activity: 238
February 11, 2018, 08:04:01 AM
If you are patient,yes.
For example:Choose a Target (30k-40k $ for BTC) and place the order and disregard it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
February 11, 2018, 07:55:02 AM
I was always sure that hold gives more profit than trading or medium-term trade.  But now I see that I could be made good money for example on Strat, which I hold, and which now has become cheap.
Yes, i'm agree with you. If you are not a professional trader, you will most likely lose your money. Trading requires a deep technical and fundamental analysis, which takes a lot of time. Many traders become investors because they believe that long-term investment are almost as profitable, but it don't take much energy and time as trading every day.
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
February 11, 2018, 05:10:52 AM
I was always sure that hold gives more profit than trading or medium-term trade.  But now I see that I could be made good money for example on Strat, which I hold, and which now has become cheap.

That's right, I don't see disadvantages in holding a long term, and I also didn't see any risk if you hold em too. Instead if you apply short term there is a big risk which is I know you need to check it from time to time actually. So it is proven and tested to have a big profit in long term holding.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
February 11, 2018, 04:21:06 AM
I think so because holding is the only chance to earn much when the market is not okay
really, I also often benefit from holding. maybe I can not be said as a patient holder because I only able to hold no more than 6 months, but even so I am always happy with the benefits that I get. Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
February 11, 2018, 03:46:10 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
February 11, 2018, 03:44:37 AM

By holding coins, you are thinking of an insured living when the value of that coins you hold or hodl gets to the moon or meaning the value soar high than you expected. Of course, your holding should be a huge amount of coins to exchange later to enjoy life to the fullest. That is the purpose of hodling.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
February 11, 2018, 03:08:13 AM
Holding is  a wonderful plan to gain big profits if you think your coins have the potential to grow up  and the price of it will  be 1000x or 1000x bigger after years.
copper member
Activity: 58
Open eCommerce Protocol
February 10, 2018, 11:38:11 PM
Well if cryptocurrency becomes the defacto currency you will not want to be hodling fiat, that's for sure.
Activity: 33
February 10, 2018, 10:49:50 PM
I think so because holding is the only chance to earn much when the market is not okay
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 10:48:34 PM

Whenever holding in a long term was still profitable and can give more rewards in the near future. Particularly if you are in bitcoin/crypto industry. Holding in a long term mostly is the testimony for the successful traders here.
Activity: 40
February 10, 2018, 09:40:46 PM
I wonder if shit topics like this would exist if it wasn't for people trying to bump their post counts? Yes I'd say it's still valid.

haha sweet burn
Activity: 182
February 10, 2018, 07:27:04 PM
Holding is such a profitable way to become millionaire. If you really are a professional investor you would not mind how long it will take, patience is the only key to success. You must be patient all the time. And determine your selling and buying position with doing long researches. And patience is our secret word.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
February 10, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
Firstly we all must make our own research. After that , it depends on your strategy, and type of coins you've select. For instance, if you find a new perspective coin, which will be able to enter in top 50 crypto, you will better hold it till your expectations come true. But you have to make research and look for the total supply and which is not pumped anyway.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
February 10, 2018, 05:59:07 PM
Holding for three to four month is about suffficient to see how a coin would prosper in the market. This is usually the holding period for most coins to show their potential. This is also usually the best time for a trader to make some profit.

But why would you do that with bitcoin or ethereum. Hodling for a few months is not really hodling, is just trading in a slow manner I would say.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
February 10, 2018, 05:52:53 PM
Hi,
I appreciate if you can explain quoted strategy in more details...

Another strategy could be to keep selling 10% of the coin with every 100 % rise till you reach 50-25% and then HODL this way you wont have much of FOMO as well as ATH feel.

Thx

I think he means to sell a portion of your altcoin once in a while, for example when you reach 2x value, you could sell an half of your holding, so you have your investment free as a result of this operation.

Now you could take profit and take that money, or you could use that sum to reinvest and diversiy you portfolio.

I hope it is more clear now

There is no reason to cash out on a coin if you think is going up, and there is no point in hodling if it is dumping. Just make up your mind and then act in consequence.
Pages:
Jump to: