Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 2. (Read 368852 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 108
long term investment in bitcoin would be a good strategy in general but your entry price matter also. it doesn't mean that you buy now and wait for 3 years you would expect huge return entry price really matters the lower the price you bought the higher the return you get and vice versa.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102

Yes, it is a good way to earn more money. But he held more risk if you hold him during long term, you have to be more informed on the level of market prices every day. If you are bitcoin the analyzer, then you can earn from one investment.
There is no small risk if we have investment in cryptocurrency. All of them have big risks, either long-term investments or you change the long-term strategy of always looking at price developments and choosing trading for short-term profits. The risk of deciding on trading when you have previously chosen a long-term investment is losing money.

What I mean is when you buy bitcoin at $ 15,000 and then crashes come to its price down to $ 8000 and you sell it, half of your money goes away. So decide to trade from investment is you have to make a quick decision, don't let the price keep going down and you decide when the price is the lowest, that's the wrong way.

price wont always stay on the same position and that simply means we can change our fate. We cant loose if we are dedicated and have a patience to wait for the prices to recover. you will only loose if you sell your coins lower than your starting capital. so overall , long term investment is really beneficial than short term or even trading.

but there were also other ways to make money on cryptos aside from long term holding or investing. few examples are trading , gambling , doing bounties ( e.g signature , social media , translation , etc ) and so on.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
i think so risky if you Holding bitcoin a long time  , may be just 3-6 Month it's good . but , if you already got cheap or profit you should sell your bitcoin , and waiting dump again .
it is not profitable to hold your bitcoin long time because you can work more with your money!!
Activity: 868
Merit: 16

Yes, it is a good way to earn more money. But he held more risk if you hold him during long term, you have to be more informed on the level of market prices every day. If you are bitcoin the analyzer, then you can earn from one investment.
There is no small risk if we have investment in cryptocurrency. All of them have big risks, either long-term investments or you change the long-term strategy of always looking at price developments and choosing trading for short-term profits. The risk of deciding on trading when you have previously chosen a long-term investment is losing money.

What I mean is when you buy bitcoin at $ 15,000 and then crashes come to its price down to $ 8000 and you sell it, half of your money goes away. So decide to trade from investment is you have to make a quick decision, don't let the price keep going down and you decide when the price is the lowest, that's the wrong way.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
As for me nobody can give an answer to this question, becouse it is the same as to predict the future price of bitcoin, and if you could do this you would be the richest person in the world
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
You can't hold for very long and expect to make money from it unless their is a major increase in the price for a solid week without it going down at all. It almost did happen at the start of the month but it was not sustainable for very long due to it rising to fast. Slow and steady growth is the only way it can stay at a plateau that people will like and sell at that time thus making you money, putting you into profit.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
There are boosts in price and periods of comparative stability. You should look at the charts and you can achieve much profit in a short period when such increase occurs. In other cases bitcoin is a long-time investment.
Activity: 227

Activity: 273
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?
I think that at the moment you only trade short, can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly fluctuating and difficult to guess. The market is in serious crisis after bitcoin prices are constantly falling. So you trade at this time is extremely risky, bitcoin prices may continue to fall deeper, so you will lose and freeze capital for a long time.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I always believed in long term holding, it always brings the most profit that's if you van have the patience to hold that long. Though some believe in margin trading and cutting their profit immediately and waiting to enter back at a better and lower price. Seeing bitcoin price dips it's always a disaster and makes most not to hold long term. But like I said earlier long term pays so far you can have the patience.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
For this purpose you need to investigate the market and price changes charts and you’ll see the tendency that weekends are the most unstable time and perfect for throwing your bitcoins. Posess your coins for a long period.
well, holding a coin in a long time really really have a great chance to get profit. but, very difficult to do that, even more so if there is panic sell. it will be useful when you manage to hold the coins you have until the end of the year.
Activity: 582
Merit: 102
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
For this purpose you need to investigate the market and price changes charts and you’ll see the tendency that weekends are the most unstable time and perfect for throwing your bitcoins. Posess your coins for a long period.
Activity: 52
Probably, yes! I know lots of people, who managed to become rich waiting for long time!
Activity: 212
Merit: 3
Holding bitcoin longterm is better than trading short term. The market history and do experience has shown time and again that bitcoin do well in the long term compare to short term holding or trading.
It's wrong statement for me, because eith a short term investment is good also for getting money. The price bitcoin is volatile sometime the price will goes up and sometime will goes down. For example, I buy bitcoin when the price $10000 and just for one month bitcoin price up to $12.000 and I sell in $12.000 and the crash happen make  a price down until $10.000 and I buy again ehen the price $10000. With the result that I get profit $2000 just in one month. So, for me invested in bitcoin is good for short term or for long term investment.
Activity: 158
Yes, but if you area too impatient in holding that profit you are thinking will be nothing and worse you loose alot of bitcoins if you are too impatient.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
If there is no other option to earn money then holding bitcoin is a good idea, I mean holding for few or more years. Consider that you invested in something and forget about that for few years.
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
I believe that trading is also about luck A successful short trade can only be done if the price of bitcoin increased shortly after you bought them. For example, the people that bought bitcoins before the price went up to 1,100$ after just a couple of days. They didn't study anything at all. They just got lucky that at the time they bought their coins the price went up dramatically. You can say that the timing was good or something but it's actually just luck since you don't know when exactly would the price of bitcoin go up.

But since not all of us gets lucky like this, most of us end up holding bitcoins for a long time even when some of us really wanted to just do some short trade and then exit the scene with their profit.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Well, I think it's very good for storing bitcoin in a long time just to make money. it has also been included in saving money, especially if you do it by searching for bitcoin and money, well, I guess it will quickly make you rich. but it is very difficult to do that.

You must follow the Bitcoin price. if you are not familiar with coins, you could lose money, it is true that it is possible to make money by holding on to bitcoin, but at the same time you are also talking of risk
Activity: 95
Definately holding bitcoin for long term is the good way to earn or make your money. And you can try also holding eth for make money like btc
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
Holding bitcoin longterm is better than trading short term. The market history and do experience has shown time and again that bitcoin do well in the long term compare to short term holding or trading.
Pages:
Jump to: