Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 7. (Read 368852 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 109
It depends. You'll have to aspect at different variables to conclude because allot of people remain to do that unwise tactic, and I can say approximately everyone is going to do that you will realize that the value of the bitcoin will decrease in very low so be cautious witch strategy you are going to use. Meanwhile in short-term invest, you have more opportunity to lose your money. If you do not have the excellence to take the correct conclusion at the right time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I think It's not. Bitcoin is serving huge oppurtunities okey but I think ICOs and Altcoins have more and more... Wink Wink Wink
For me holding bitcoin for long time is a very good way to make a lot of profit or money why? Because it is very easy to hold and i do believe that holding for long time or for a year can result a big money and bitcoin is the best among the rest and the value of it has a chance to pump even more than $20k before this year is we will end.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
yes it could be a good way to make big money as i feel bitcoin can go to higher higher
Activity: 378
There is no certainly when it comes to success of investment but we investors are very optimistic it will give us success by holding bitcoins.
Of course we should be positive, we know it's very risky but when we are a risk taker and we can afford what we invest then we will not gonna worry regardless of what happen, let's just be positive and continue to believe while doing our part to promote so we can create bigger demands due to adoption.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
holding your bitcoin is fine if you are aiming for a good profit...bitcoin value is volatile so hold your bitcoin first  if you think it is not enough for a profit that you have wanted then observed for the price when time comes that the profit you are aiming is already their so it is the time you will sell
Yes i  agree with we need to target price or profit when we get it sell our bitcoin.But most of the time bitcoin price up people are waiting for more profit but one time its price is down and they upset why they did not sell their bitcoin.
Activity: 94
For me, holding bitcoin for a long time is a good way to make money but atleast you have your target until when or what price of bitcoin are you waiting, in the end not only your satisfaction that show here but also your expectation in your profit.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
It is good to holding bitcoin a long time if you look big profit because from time to time the value of bitcoin was increasingly in the market, if you see the market price that is the right price to sell atleast 50% or more that was a good profit.
Actually we have our own target but in general rule, we should also sell for a profit, no matter how small it is.
It's about the timing, you can sell with a timing if you have patience because the market is not only moving in one direction, it could dump sometimes.
Activity: 706
It is good to holding bitcoin a long time if you look big profit because from time to time the value of bitcoin was increasingly in the market, if you see the market price that is the right price to sell atleast 50% or more that was a good profit.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
actually holding is to reduce losses or wait for huge profits, but holding too long will give much impact, a good impact is if the old holding and the price rise it will give a profit but if the old holding and the price go down then the losses will be gained. .
so actually the holding is speculating depending on how you feel ..
Holding bitcoin for long time is good no doubt, but i think that we need to study the market and should not wast the opportunity to sell and book the profit. Although short term investment is also good and more profitable but it require a lot of experience and regular study, if people do not have experience in trading or who find it hard to study the market regularly then they should invest their money in bitcoin for long term.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
actually holding is to reduce losses or wait for huge profits, but holding too long will give much impact, a good impact is if the old holding and the price rise it will give a profit but if the old holding and the price go down then the losses will be gained. .
so actually the holding is speculating depending on how you feel ..
Activity: 252
Maybe it is a good way to have a high profit , you should buy bitcoin with all of your money if its value is $8k or $9k because if you bought bitcoin when its price is on $10k , you wont get any profit .
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
I think It's not. Bitcoin is serving huge oppurtunities okey but I think ICOs and Altcoins have more and more... Wink Wink Wink
For me it's a big yes, why? Because bitcoin is very strong cryptocurrency and i do believe that holding it for long time is we will surely help a lot of people to make more money because the value of it has a great chance to pump very high just like on what happen last december 2017, so let's just hold and trust bitcoin.
Buying Bitcoins now and keeping for long term is the best option as of now especially the price of Bitcoin is dumping now and that is a great buying opportunity for us to buy and hodl Bitcoin for long term. So, hold Bitcoin for long term is very worth and profitable investment, don't hesitate.
When it dump you hold and buy if you can, eventually after this big FUD that we are going through, everything will be back to normal
which is the bullish trend, it's important to understand the nature of crypto market, it has been happening in the past and we didn't give up so those
who can hold are strong people and they deserve the reward.
Activity: 196
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

For me I guess you can't tell if holding for a long time or short time is good. I guess it depends on the value of the bitcoin in the market. In my own experience I hold my bitcoin for a long time I earned money, and holding also a short time I earned profit from my investment. And now I was holding a bitcoin a long time I didn't get my profit from my new investment, I hold it because I was thinking bitcoin price soon will rise up but now its not. So for me it's all just depend on the investors.
Activity: 616
For me it's a big yes, why? Because bitcoin is very strong cryptocurrency and i do believe that holding it for long time is we will surely help a lot of people to make more money because the value of it has a great chance to pump very high just like on what happen last december 2017, so let's just hold and trust bitcoin.
Buying Bitcoins now and keeping for long term is the best option as of now especially the price of Bitcoin is dumping now and that is a great buying opportunity for us to buy and hodl Bitcoin for long term. So, hold Bitcoin for long term is very worth and profitable investment, don't hesitate.
Activity: 334
Merit: 102
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
I say yes provided you have a paycheck kind of job that can make you at least forget the bitcoin for some time.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Some times i think that holding bitcoins can be profitable but it depends about how long you are holding them you know there are so many peopel just holding coins and dont even know where they are waiting for they need to stop using our coins dam.

Yes its profitable if you are on long term trade but I would prefer to allocate a portion for short trading. I think its better to buy in dip and sell it when you gained at least 10% and do it again and again.Though it require so much time and hassle if you have daily jobs.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
To be honest, with the current situation and wild price swings, it really hard to think that its better to hold. So you really need to have this mental toughness not to be swayed from this panic selling.

I only hold small amounts of bitcoin, but even with small amounts sometimes I just think of better selling it off and just re-enter the market if there is a perfect opportunity. But I'm thinking that I should long at it for the long haul. This bearish market trend will not go on forever, and we are likely to recover before the end of the year. So I will hold as long as I can and fight the urge to dump.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
holding your bitcoin is fine if you are aiming for a good profit...bitcoin value is volatile so hold your bitcoin first  if you think it is not enough for a profit that you have wanted then observed for the price when time comes that the profit you are aiming is already their so it is the time you will sell
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Some times i think that holding bitcoins can be profitable but it depends about how long you are holding them you know there are so many peopel just holding coins and dont even know where they are waiting for they need to stop using our coins dam.
Pages:
Jump to: