Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 38. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
September 28, 2017, 01:42:27 AM
Those that are afraid of regulation are the developers who don't want to be accountable for the funds they collected for their project development, this current madness need to stop before it goes out of hand
Ico regulations somehow this is good for investors as to prevent those who wants to start an ICO that wanted to scam investors. This is a big impact actually for those developers to be more responsible of their project.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
September 28, 2017, 01:30:54 AM
Those that are afraid of regulation are the developers who don't want to be accountable for the funds they collected for their project development, this current madness need to stop before it goes out of hand
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
September 28, 2017, 01:23:37 AM
The right regulation leads to healthy, thriving industry that is good for the economy.

The wrong regulation stifles innovation and ensures that the market leaders will not locate in that country.

It is a global village and those with the best alt-coin ideas will gravitate to the countries that welcome them, and avoid the countries that seem suspicious of them as criminals.

This is a HUGE opportunity for emerging economies to leap-frog other countries with resource or geographic advantages.

Good regulations: smart contracts are not currency, tokens are not securities

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
September 28, 2017, 01:19:52 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

I think it's good to a certain extent, but regulations can go too far.

I like the free market nature of ICOs right now, but they are getting carried away a bit.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 28, 2017, 01:15:37 AM
When more and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs we should be happy in my opinion. It is a sign that they take care of crypto currencies.
But we also should see the difference beetwen "help"(due to ban) and just help due to stop that all scam.
The next regulations should be good so dont worry. When goverment ban SCAM more people should feel safe and invest in ICO.
The second side when they ban ICOs, then we know that nobody will be able to invest...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
September 28, 2017, 01:15:13 AM
So far the ICO has been worrying, too many ICOs are present and everyone is racing to invest. there must be a standard rule to regulate ICO to keep investors. China is doing the right thing, in the end ICO will be more qualified.
Activity: 518
September 28, 2017, 01:06:28 AM
From the point of view of usual growing a biz or establish a new company, one would realised that regulations kill innovation. Make ICO accountable, not regulated
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
September 28, 2017, 01:01:59 AM
Regulating ICOs is bad to those who make it as a form of milking cow or for scamming purposes, since it is involve a lot of money for investment. Being decentralised does not mean that it is also be an anonymous, ICOs is synonymous for crowdfunding and IPO for stock, market where investors and traders are regulated and with accordance to the law.
I think that it depends on the purpose of the regulation and how long it last. People can still do things beyond the regulation in-effect.
Apart from the purpose of regulations what also matters a lot is the key audience which is getting affected by them. For most of ICO creators it is bad, because they won't be able to scam others as easily as they could before. The prices of platform coins like neo, waves and eth are likely to drop or at least not reach what they could've reached with lots of icos. As for the traders - well, it's what makes the market safer, so I guess less risk is a good thing mostly.
ICO should be regulate for us to prevent some scams, we need to have a proper way to introduce or implement a new project. They should state the possibilities and other informations that is needed to satisfy participants. ICO involves a lot of money, it is not easy to give or reward money, we should have proper system in having ICO. We should clarify things for us to be cleared out on this situations.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2017, 12:45:18 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

Regulating ICO would be very good in my opinion. Investors will get the assurance that they will not be deceived in the future. And of course, investors who are not currently interested in ICO's will rethink.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
September 28, 2017, 12:34:03 AM
In general, state regulation of ICO is a positive factor in the functioning of cryptovata. The state proposes to the team that is going to hold ICO certain requirements that identify each member of the team and exclude possible risks when investing in this campaign. Thus, the state takes upon itself the protection of investors and makes the ICO transparent. Each investor after this in court can prove his case, since these relations will already fall under the jurisdiction of this state.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
September 28, 2017, 12:04:16 AM
If as a investor I think it's the best idea to regulate so that atleast I am sure that my money would not be scammed and it's safe when it's regulated . This would ensure that all the bad people are kept away when the ICO raises money and they would be responsible for the public money .
Activity: 700
Merit: 300
September 27, 2017, 11:59:18 PM
That's really good topic you have opened up here. It's very relevant to current situation and must be discussed before t gets over the head.

Well, looking at current scenario country's are doing that in particular with avoiding the spam rates and saving the investment of nations people. Because when the regulations are implied then every ICO will have to get the license first so that they will be registered as legal entity within governing body. So our money will be completely safe and traceable.

But according to the cryptic person this would be bad idea. With regulation we will loose that very spot of decentralised and anonymous functions of crypto world. The price might just get restricted to some xyz rate and may not reach the sky as it does right now. Who knows people ma not take interest anymore as they will think they will have to expose there money and identity as well. May be it's not good in that perspective.

Activity: 347
Merit: 109
September 27, 2017, 11:28:39 PM
Education has always proved to be a better approach to regulation.
Activity: 252
September 27, 2017, 04:56:36 PM
Although at the start of the regulation, it may hit innovation and market a bit but over a long time, regulation is only good for the crypto market. Only with regulation the majority can invest in ICO with confidence. The early adopters will also benefit from the increase of market cap.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 02:50:11 PM
I think it is very positive to see regulation appear in the crypto space. If we are to see growth past the threshold that we are currently at it will be very difficult without regulation and having the government on board. Also this will create an opportunity for institutional money to pour into this space. Exiting times
Activity: 378
September 27, 2017, 02:46:48 PM
I do not think this is a bad effect. Regulations do not scare people. They give people confidence. It actually means the definition of countries.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
September 27, 2017, 02:43:23 PM
There is no way regulation will not come in, ICO projects have raised close to $2.5 billion this year alone and we are just ending the third quarter and alot of projects are still line up for ICOs at this rate by the end of the year we would have passed $3 billion, that is a huge amount of money, so something need to be in place to keep them in chech and balance unless all these will just collapse and most people will not survive the loss
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
September 27, 2017, 02:36:59 PM
Regulated ICO's!!!!.....seems like an interesting topic.
But I think "regulation" simply contradict the basic feature of ICO i.e Decentralization.
If any kind of regulation will be imposed then it would be an IPO not ICO. Again being global who will impose regulation on it...I mean which central authority!!!
Regulating ICO seems like an impossible task in present date.
Activity: 331
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
September 27, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

Making these decisions is not bad, but not good either. Those countries have put in place a ban on or restricting ICO projects in their country just because they fear that many investors will be trapped and lose a lot. What is the reason? That is, many ICO projects today are fraudulent and scam, they just set it up to make money of people, they do not care about development to the project. That is what they are worried about and have made decisions to adjust or ban ICO in their country. But these decisions could affect electronic money transactions in their home countries. This is just my personal opinion

It seems the ICO market has made the ecosystem of the cryptocurrency world get worse. But I do not think it made much like that, because this field also like Stock market, but the nature speculative really higher than Stock because the price of ICO tokens easily to control by someone.
Activity: 224
September 27, 2017, 02:33:01 PM
Sounds good to me and let me mention first that I'm not form any of the country's that you mentioned above. Lols.
I think regulating will bring us good in the form of security and safety of our hard earn money. For now we are putting the money straight into ICO accounts who are thousand miles away and we don't even have any physical contact address. We can't see them or talk to them and it makes uncomfortable sometime so the investment can turn upside down anytime.

With regulation these entities will have to register themselves to the government and it will get mandatory for them to leave behind the PO box no. That's would be little relaxing and we can be assure that our money isn't going anywhere even if they fail in the goal.
Pages:
Jump to: