Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 40. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 10
September 27, 2017, 09:59:30 AM
It is actually meant to be good thing. I mean just normal regulation, not ban. But it is definitely going to kill some people's desire to create more icos for sure.
I'm absolutely agree with you, but why it kill desire?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 09:55:15 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

The motive behind it is good but behind the scene is what is really killing the business. In the fiat world, to raise capital for your business at all, you must have spend a lot of money and at the end of the day, the amount raised when the entire charges is being deducted, might not even be enough to cover the needed costs for the project couple with the fact that it might not be fully subscribed which brings in the services of an underwriter. The underwriter charges alone can plunge the business into more debt. Above all, it does not mean the project will eventually be successful after all the stress. In all, I would still prefer ICOs not to have the hand of regulatory authorities.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
September 27, 2017, 09:43:59 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

They're all good things when we check the current status of frauder projects and their owners. But this regulations should not damage the environments itself. They should aim the bad people behind fraud projects.
Activity: 126
HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund
September 27, 2017, 09:41:21 AM
Some form of regulation is required to protect investors and provide guidelines to ICOs.

Too many ICOs go quiet after receiving funds. This will have a negative impact on potentially good projects.

Creating regulations to protect traditional businesses should be avoided though.
Activity: 350
September 27, 2017, 09:37:08 AM

in my own opinion, this should be really implemented. We all know that there were incidents of scams related to ICO and scammers are very wise in terms of project hype. It's actually easy to do ICO and many were scammed already. This being regulated, many investors will have more confidence to this kind of investment. huge companies will gain trust and not just those who have knowledge how tokens or coins work.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
September 27, 2017, 09:24:24 AM
It is a bad idea for me because it resulted for a very huge price down in bitcoin and it also make the progress of an ico to a slower type because the investors of the ico are mostly in the country of china so i think there is not good thing in regulating the ico.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 27, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
ICO regulation is very much needed. This will not only help in safeguarding investors from possible scams but can also give legit ICO a better platform by eliminating scam ICOs from the competetion. Hundreds of ICOs are coming every month and it becomes hard for ICO to marketise themselves well. With less competition, with a trustworthy reputation of being legit, ICOs can attract more investors.
lol but who will give regulation on ico mate ? you all know that cryptocurrency is decentralization, all things and risks are borne by each user them self, although bitcointalk applies this  regulation but it is very likely that other ico could just do advertisement in various media not just in this forum only right ? implementing the regulation on ico will be hard to do #imo
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
September 27, 2017, 08:55:41 AM
It is actually meant to be good thing. I mean just normal regulation, not ban. But it is definitely going to kill some people's desire to create more icos for sure.
Regulation is a good thing, it aims to protect investors from being theft by fake developers. There will be legitimate ICOs and projects when there are good regulation. We can invest without fear of being scammed. I expect the regulation will be friendly to developers and investors but strict to fake and unrealistic projects.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
September 27, 2017, 08:06:51 AM
I think it will definitely be bad for ico founders and the participants ..
Because with the new regulations there will be more costs to be incurred.
But the problem is not good or bad. Sooner or later there will be rules enforced for ico because the turnover of money in this ico world is very high.
too many people lost their money because scam ICO, so regulation is very needed. But it's also bad if regulation is too strict, because ICO is helping people to learn about investing and launching business
Activity: 308
September 27, 2017, 07:59:08 AM
I think it will definitely be bad for ico founders and the participants ..
Because with the new regulations there will be more costs to be incurred.
But the problem is not good or bad. Sooner or later there will be rules enforced for ico because the turnover of money in this ico world is very high.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 06:52:47 AM
If it is properly done, regulation of ICOs should be encouraged. It's a right step to be taken when we factor in the amount of money circulating around these ICOs. If we look at it very well, the step should curb the excesses of devs and safeguard investors against scam. The only nag though may be that regulation kills the idea of decentralization which many coins are built around.

I totally agree - regulation is needed, but it can kill the idea of decentralization. But if the scams would be called out by the distinguished people and the press in crypto industry, even now the ICO market would not resemble the Wild West.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
September 25, 2017, 07:38:10 AM
From a nation's perspective, ICOs must be regulated or else it would lead to endless funds going out of the country without any accounting and this could be leveled as tax evasion. Having a check on the investors who participate in ICOs or even plain banning them is a country's dire efforts to make its citizens  aware that their money is not safe, how much ever promising the ICO is looking. With that being said, there are still ways to go around these regulations and get some tokens but it comes with great risk which isn't really worth taking for an investor.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
September 25, 2017, 07:34:06 AM
If it is properly done, regulation of ICOs should be encouraged. It's a right step to be taken when we factor in the amount of money circulating around these ICOs. If we look at it very well, the step should curb the excesses of devs and safeguard investors against scam. The only nag though may be that regulation kills the idea of decentralization which many coins are built around.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
September 25, 2017, 07:22:44 AM

I dont think it will be that bad because besides getting more investors which are professionals, it will have a healthier environment now that it has been regulated and there will be lesser scams because of it. The bad side besides ICO tokens getting more expensive, for sure it will get more regulated and it might not be as profitable as it is now anymore. Also, it will be more difficult to invest into because even investors will be regulated.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
September 25, 2017, 07:06:41 AM
I think that any regulation at crypto is naturally first of all. This industry attracts too much money. Moreover it becomes a real threat for governments. It's not so pleasurably now, but it should benefit in the form of a huge amount of legit business money in future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 134
September 25, 2017, 06:56:32 AM
maybe its good for future, but its bad now, because many people including me cant participate in ico now, and receive many refunds from the team funder, i missed many good peojects due to regulation
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
September 25, 2017, 06:48:28 AM
It's not that bad as it means that your country authorizes ICOs and they are recognizing it.

But it will be no longer decentralized if they are going to regulate ICO's, just like what China is doing now they are just waiting for the regulatory laws before lifting the ban.

Licensing isn't bad for the ICOs that will display their project.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 06:43:17 AM
In the business sector without regulations it is very important that business entities are transparent and that they self - regulate. ICOs with a clear path and intentions should set standard for other ICOs.
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
September 19, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
I think that  in regulation there are both its advantages and its disadvantages.
Activity: 223
September 19, 2017, 02:41:01 PM
As being written above, I also think that regulation will help against scammers and they will have to be responsible for the money the get.
Pages:
Jump to: