Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 42. (Read 31553 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 363
September 19, 2017, 04:06:39 AM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
GOOD

Depends since if The ICO's will be regulated well I think the bounties will reduced and that one could even hurt the bounty hunters and I'm very sure that government will get some tax for every successfull ICO here.

But if this matters will give a good image to crypto industry then let the regulation will be implemented and I think it can give a good boost to the price of bitcoins in exchange.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
September 19, 2017, 04:04:41 AM
Regulating ICOs is bad to those who make it as a form of milking cow or for scamming purposes, since it is involve a lot of money for investment. Being decentralised does not mean that it is also be an anonymous, ICOs is synonymous for crowdfunding and IPO for stock, market where investors and traders are regulated and with accordance to the law.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 19, 2017, 03:45:15 AM
It will be bad in the short term as this is affecting ICOs and causing some to be postponed or even cancelled. In the long term this should draw more money into the coins, but the point of these coins is they are decentralised and governments don't like that, so how does regulation fit with being decentralised?
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
September 19, 2017, 03:30:26 AM
I don't think it is that bad if ICO's will be regulated because it can also help the economy of ones country however if they regulate the use of bitcoins and altcoins now that's a different story. Regulation is good in some way rather than banning them which is a much heavier offense if ever that'll happen.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1362
September 19, 2017, 03:22:07 AM
It is actually meant to be good thing. I mean just normal regulation, not ban. But it is definitely going to kill some people's desire to create more icos for sure.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution
September 19, 2017, 03:20:47 AM
Is not necessary something bad. But how can you be decentralised and at the same time regulated?

Am finding it hard for projects who appeared decentralised to become regulated.

Yes this would bring a great shift of billions into the community, with all of the downfalls that come with it Sad
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 02, 2017, 04:49:54 PM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
Pages:
Jump to: