Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad? - page 41. (Read 31553 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
September 19, 2017, 02:34:01 PM
The consequences of ICO regulation should bring new big money due to higher confidence and the lack of scam projects. I believe it will be useful in middle term.
But at the long term they would be harmful for ICO at all...
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 02:03:47 PM
I think banning ICO's is bad, but regulations could be a way forward. It would all depend on what the regulations are and how strict they become.

Regulations shouldn't be feared by any good ICO that has actual value. Currently it is too easy for anyone to launch a ICO and potentially make a lot of cash.
Activity: 238
September 19, 2017, 01:40:05 PM
I think regulating ICOs is a good decision for china, if not we will see more and more scams
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 19, 2017, 01:32:09 PM
More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
For me it's good because regulating ICO's can protect people from scam. I think if all the governments will have to implement such regulations to ICO's we would expect a decrease in projects with coin offering because of taxes and any additional restrictions. For me it is okay to have fewer but legit ICO's than having thousands of too good to be true coin offerings which scammers usually created. They can only regulate exchanges and ICO's but not the the whole crypto world unless all of them prohibit the use of internet. I am not a trader but just my expectations or thoughts on regulating ICO's.
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
September 19, 2017, 01:31:37 PM
ICO regulation is very much needed. This will not only help in safeguarding investors from possible scams but can also give legit ICO a better platform by eliminating scam ICOs from the competetion. Hundreds of ICOs are coming every month and it becomes hard for ICO to marketise themselves well. With less competition, with a trustworthy reputation of being legit, ICOs can attract more investors.
Activity: 210
September 19, 2017, 01:28:24 PM
I think it would be good because there is a lot of scam and let people think bad about the technology. In my opinion every second ICO is bullshit and responsible for a future bubble.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
September 19, 2017, 01:23:29 PM
Catch22 this one i think.  Its kind of good and bad really.  I don't think its necessarily a bad thing particularly in response to the small percentage of Scam type of ICO's out there.  Regulation may well just make some devs to think twice or think again before embarking on ICO's aimed solely at lining their personal pockets.  I highly doubt that any state/government would ever be able to actually regulate Crypto currencies adequately. Where i think it might become bad is if or when we lose control of when (in terms of time) to trade cyrpto for fiat. 
Activity: 448
September 19, 2017, 12:38:10 PM
As you can see regulations are very bad for investors, as the governments try to regulate ICOs, exchanges and other things in crypto, there is always a hard crash.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
September 19, 2017, 12:30:54 PM
There will always be pros and cons.
We will see less ICO scams and less people will lose money and fill scammers wallets.
On the other hand regulation of ICO will bring us, well, regulation, more taxes, centralization etc.
Activity: 266
Merit: 256
September 19, 2017, 12:17:30 PM
I hate scammers, and there have been a number of ICO scams that have stolen a lot of money.  While I'm not sure that the Chinese government is putting an end to ICOs out of the goodness of their hearts to protect their citizens from scams, I think that some regulation in this area is good.  It will make scammers think twice about the value of starting an ICO just to rip people off. In the end, if someone in China really wants to join an ICO, they will find a way around the restrictions.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1617
September 19, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
I think that regulation is good. Many projects of ICOs are pure fraud and only hinders that has a project really seriously. Has good projects suffering because of this.
Activity: 126
September 19, 2017, 12:10:08 PM
there and cons and pros
its good cuz less scams
its bad cuz less freedom
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
September 19, 2017, 11:54:42 AM
How is it a bad thing? I think this regulation was most required and would strengthen the crypto currencies in the future. Atlast the looters will have no free run and noobs who buy into hyped ICO's without researching would not get looted of their money.
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
a sharp sword
September 19, 2017, 11:37:54 AM
Regulating ICOs is bad to those who make it as a form of milking cow or for scamming purposes, since it is involve a lot of money for investment. Being decentralised does not mean that it is also be an anonymous, ICOs is synonymous for crowdfunding and IPO for stock, market where investors and traders are regulated and with accordance to the law.
I think that it depends on the purpose of the regulation and how long it last. People can still do things beyond the regulation in-effect.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 11:34:46 AM
Yes this is good development but most ICOs are scam and people are just losing a lot of money and they are not able to take their money back so regulations are good they don't block good projects.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
September 19, 2017, 10:58:45 AM
The regulations exist to prevent fraudster or scammer by taking advantage of the easiness of collecting money through ICO, by that people as investors in this thing will be even safer but there's also one more thing that you need to know, by the release of the regulation, the government will also have the benefit to control the ICO and such.
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
September 19, 2017, 10:56:44 AM
I think some regulations are good for the market. So many people got scammed by fake projects. I think its good, because now the strong and fundamental good projects get some more attention in the future!
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 10:51:58 AM
baned ico is bad
but if ico regulation  is good because can reduce scamer, only collect money and then run
Activity: 234
September 19, 2017, 10:21:52 AM
I don't think regulations are particularly a bad thing, but of course it depends on what regulations.

Here is an interesting article looking at the aftermath of China's ICO ban.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/china-ban-on-icos-not-all-doom-and-gloom-74daf814209c
Activity: 196
September 19, 2017, 04:07:40 AM
Of course, it's not a bad thing, but I hardly believe that they will ever manage to control & regulate all CryptoCurrencies!

The only thing they will be able to regulate is the time you will sell your coins for USDT.

But even then there will be many other ways to always sale your coins for USDT without regulations.

Blockchain and Cryptocurrency are here to stay! Of course, this includes new ICO.

I believe that an ICO is like a new website project.

Some will fail some will succeed!
Pages:
Jump to: