Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Islam a Religion? (If a muslim can answer that would be good) - page 4. (Read 3709 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
He's 14? Then that explains a lot. Also being so young I congratulate him for this mental exercise.

GIRL.   Sorry, my edit came late.     Grin

Yes -girl. Many apologies.

"Best regards"  Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The definition of Religion is not unique.

I started by thinking that Islam was wrong and I ended up that the definition of Religion is not unique.

Still Muslims worship a stone: is the Black Stone the representation of God on Earth?

Best regards.

they aren't worshipping to the black stone.they worshipping to god.
god ordered believers do,so simple

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
He's 14? Then that explains a lot. Also being so young I congratulate him for this mental exercise.

GIRL.   Sorry, my edit came late.     Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
The definition of Religion is not unique.

I started by thinking that Islam was wrong and I ended up that the definition of Religion is not unique.

Still Muslims worship a stone: is the Black Stone the representation of God on Earth?

Jeez kid - remarks like that one start wars. Take it easy.

I'm not threatened by this.

Best regards.
Jeez kid - remarks like that one start wars. Take it easy.
legendary
BitNow, friend - I'm not trying to insult you, but you seem a bit immature.

Anddos "my friend" I feel like killing you now.

Best regards.
legendary

Who are you talking to, SmartIphone?    Grin

I was talking to BitNow. I have nothing with Iphones.  Smiley

Thank you for the clarification. I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Personally, I think that BitNow is a reasonably smart 14-year-old.

Smiley

EDIT: ... girl.
legendary

The words "Heavens" and "Earth" did.

Universe includes everything. Can there be anything outside of everything?

Smiley

Universe is a word like Love.

Best regards.

"Universe" conveys strong emotion to you?    Cheesy

I was talking to BitNow. I have nothing with Iphones.  Smiley
legendary
This is mentioned in the Quran "The only religion approved by God is Islam (Submission)" 3:19 , link: http://www.quran-islam.org/introduction_(P1122).html

Thank You for the information.

That says that the only way a man can submit to God is islam (the word).

So: if you say Islam you will end up submitted to God (Allah).

Thank You for the information.

Best regards.
legendary

Smiley

Universe is a word like Love.

Best regards.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
This is mentioned in the Quran "The only religion approved by God is Islam (Submission)" 3:19 , link: http://www.quran-islam.org/introduction_(P1122).html , so you can see that Islam is a religion.
legendary

All are part of the definition. You don't have to accept.

If an object doesn't have a name, and you want to talk about it, what do you do? Don't you use several words to describe the thing that you are talking about? Then, later, if someone gives the thing a name, you can start to use the name.

The universe is talked about all over in the bible. The first sentence in Genesis is talking about the universe. It's just that the word universe wasn't used, and maybe didn't exist in Hebrew at that time. This doesn't mean that the universe didn't exist. It only means that the word for it wasn't being used.

At times you sound very much like that 13 or 14 year old girl that you suggested to me you were way back when you first got going in this forum... you know, the one whose mother had to sign her up in Bitcointalk because she wasn't sure how to do it.

Smiley

Did the word system existed in the old Hebrew?

Best regards.

Smiley
legendary

Atheism is a religion. Should I even be saying that in this thread?    Cheesy

Say what you need to say.

Best regards.
legendary

All are part of the definition. You don't have to accept.

If an object doesn't have a name, and you want to talk about it, what do you do? Don't you use several words to describe the thing that you are talking about? Then, later, if someone gives the thing a name, you can start to use the name.

The universe is talked about all over in the bible. The first sentence in Genesis is talking about the universe. It's just that the word universe wasn't used, and maybe didn't exist in Hebrew at that time. This doesn't mean that the universe didn't exist. It only means that the word for it wasn't being used.

At times you sound very much like that 13 or 14 year old girl that you suggested to me you were way back when you first got going in this forum... you know, the one whose mother had to sign her up in Bitcointalk because she wasn't sure how to do it.

Smiley

Did the word system existed in the old Hebrew?

Best regards.
legendary
No offense, but it's not about definitions people. It's about people's beliefs. In the past there were people worshiping the sun - a star. Even today there are people that plan their lives according to the zodiac - like there are only 12 types of people in the world and only 12 good/bad things happening around. If someone believes that a frog is God and someone believes something else they are going to start fighting. About a frog. People's thoughts drive their own actions. And everyone should believe whatever they want and leave everyone else do the same.

We are discussing about the definition of Religion.

Religion is a system.
A system is a set of interacting or interdependent component parts forming a complex/intricate whole. Every system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System

A frog is not a system.

Animal world is a system.

Also the OP's question was if Islam is a religion - it is. As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims. (Wikipedia).

Islam is a Religion if you put the word God inside the definition of Religion.
For example: if you define Religion as "The worship of a God or Gods"
You can:
1. Call a frog a God.
2. Worshipping the frog.
3. Pretend that your worshipping of a frog is a Religion
4. Change others people mind.
5. Make people killing in the name of "Frog"

The definition of Religion does not have the word God in it.

And just because we are all open minded people we should read the Quran. I'm not a Muslim. Just saying.

That was not necessary.

Best regards.

Atheism is a religion. Should I even be saying that in this thread?    Cheesy
legendary
No offense, but it's not about definitions people. It's about people's beliefs. In the past there were people worshiping the sun - a star. Even today there are people that plan their lives according to the zodiac - like there are only 12 types of people in the world and only 12 good/bad things happening around. If someone believes that a frog is God and someone believes something else they are going to start fighting. About a frog. People's thoughts drive their own actions. And everyone should believe whatever they want and leave everyone else do the same.

We are discussing about the definition of Religion.

Religion is a system.
A system is a set of interacting or interdependent component parts forming a complex/intricate whole. Every system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System

A frog is not a system.

Animal world is a system.

Also the OP's question was if Islam is a religion - it is. As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims. (Wikipedia).

Islam is a Religion if you put the word God inside the definition of Religion.
For example: if you define Religion as "The worship of a God or Gods"
You can:
1. Call a frog a God.
2. Worshipping the frog.
3. Pretend that your worshipping of a frog is a Religion
4. Change others people mind.
5. Make people killing in the name of "Frog"

The definition of Religion does not have the word God in it.

And just because we are all open minded people we should read the Quran. I'm not a Muslim. Just saying.

That was not necessary.

Best regards.
Pages:
Jump to: