Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Islam a Religion? (If a muslim can answer that would be good) - page 5. (Read 3709 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
No offense, but it's not about definitions people. It's about people's beliefs. In the past there were people worshiping the sun - a star. Even today there are people that plan their lives according to the zodiac - like there are only 12 types of people in the world and only 12 good/bad things happening around. If someone believes that a frog is God and someone believes something else they are going to start fighting. About a frog. People's thoughts drive their own actions. And everyone should believe whatever they want and leave everyone else do the same.
We won't fight over whether or not a frog is god. We will fight over whether or not people will fight over whether or not a frog is god.

Also the OP's question was if Islam is a religion - it is. As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims. (Wikipedia).

And just because we are all open minded people we should read the Quran. I'm not a Muslim. Just saying.

Even Jesus had a disciple who betrayed Him. People are going to have multitudes of religions. Deception is that easy.

Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Also the OP's question was if Islam is a religion - it is. As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims. (Wikipedia).

And just because we are all open minded people we should read the Quran. I'm not a Muslim. Just saying.

My point was by the very definition of religion you can worship pretty much anything and  be considered a religion.

I think OP is getting confused by the word religion and christian.
legendary
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Wrong.
There is no word such Universe in the whole Bible.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

Correct.
Although I prefer to avoid the word persons in a definition as persons are subject to instincts and instincts are not objective behaviours.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

Correct.
Although I prefer to avoid the word persons in a definition as persons are subject to instincts and instincts are not objective behaviours.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

Correct.
A Religion is not a state of a person.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Correct.
That is the best so far.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

Wrong.

If you put the word God in the definition of Religion you will end up that worshipping a stone is not idolatry.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

Wrong.
That is an act is not a system.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.
[/size]

Wrong.
That is a synonym not a definition.

My definition:
Religion: a set of dogmas on Faith.

Best regards.

All are part of the definition. You don't have to accept.

If an object doesn't have a name, and you want to talk about it, what do you do? Don't you use several words to describe the thing that you are talking about? Then, later, if someone gives the thing a name, you can start to use the name.

The universe is talked about all over in the bible. The first sentence in Genesis is talking about the universe. It's just that the word universe wasn't used, and maybe didn't exist in Hebrew at that time. This doesn't mean that the universe didn't exist. It only means that the word for it wasn't being used.

At times you sound very much like that 13 or 14 year old girl that you suggested to me you were way back when you first got going in this forum... you know, the one whose mother had to sign her up in Bitcointalk because she wasn't sure how to do it.

Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
No offense, but it's not about definitions people. It's about people's beliefs. In the past there were people worshiping the sun - a star. Even today there are people that plan their lives according to the zodiac - like there are only 12 types of people in the world and only 12 good/bad things happening around. If someone believes that a frog is God and someone believes something else they are going to start fighting. About a frog. People's thoughts drive their own actions. And everyone should believe whatever they want and leave everyone else do the same.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Wrong.
There is no word such Universe in the whole Bible.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

Correct.

Correct.

to enter religion.

Correct.
A Religion is not a state of a person.

Correct.
That is the best so far.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:

Wrong.

If you put the word God in the definition of Religion you will end up that worshipping a stone is not idolatry.

Wrong.
That is an act is not a system.

a religion to one's vow.
[/size]

Wrong.
That is a synonym not a definition.

My definition:

Best regards.
legendary
BitNow, your English is improving. You should be patient with kama. He doesn't have very good English at all. Perhaps you should learn Arabic for him.

Smiley

What is your definition of Religion BADecker?

Best regards.

I simply go with the dictionary, which has sever definitions, and depending on the dictionary, different ways of wording them. The definitions as listed by Dictionary.com at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

to enter religion.

a religion to one's vow.
legendary
BitNow, your English is improving. You should be patient with kama. He doesn't have very good English at all. Perhaps you should learn Arabic for him.

Smiley

What is your definition of Religion BADecker?

Best regards.
legendary

Smiley
legendary
Guys: if you accept the definition of Religion with the word God in it
Like:
re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Once again you need to look up the definiton of religion (as posted above) and point out how (through the definition of religion) you can't worship a rock. If you believe a rock is a superhuman controlling power and worship it, then by the very definition you have a religion.

You will come to a conclusion that worshipping a stone is acceptable.

The definition of religion has not the word God in it.

Best regards.
legendary
You can call a stone God and worship that God and call that worshipping a religion (by your definition of Religion), than I can call you a stupid.

Definition of stupid: you.

Do you like it?

What a waste of time. Resorting to calling people stupid. You're not asking a question at this point you're just looking for people to agree with your point of view. Anyone that objects to your point of view is called stupid. Wish a moderator would just toss this post into the trash where it belongs.

What a waste of time reading post of an individual that just call you stupid because you mention the word stupid.

If you don't have constructive comments to do please avoid comments in the first place.

Best regards.
[qoute]
You can call a stone God and worship that God and call that worshipping a religion (by your definition of Religion), than I can call you a stupid.

Do you like it?

What a waste of time. Resorting to calling people stupid. You're not asking a question at this point you're just looking for people to agree with your point of view. Anyone that objects to your point of view is called stupid. Wish a moderator would just toss this post into the trash where it belongs.
[/quote]

Agreed, I didn't want to say anything but it's like saying that I find your wife ugly, even though she is beautiful or she isn't and you see her as beautiful - negative comments like that are not constructive. If you don't agree with that user's point of view say so but try to understand his point of view and let him believe what he wants and you the same.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Do you like it?

I think that what sase007 was trying to say is that there is only one God and the different religions interpret God through their own experiences.
And also that Islam is a religion in the broader sense of the word not that these three religions he mentioned are the same.
legendary

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16 (KJV)

"Excatly" (wrong):
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"
- Ex 20:3 

I'm citing the old testament: I want this understanding come into the Old Testament not on the new one.

Thank You for your comment.

Best regards.
legendary

I think that Christianity, Islamism and Judaism all have the same God.

Islam is a religion as much as Judaism and Catholicism.

A religion is a set of dogmas on faith (definition).

If you call Religion a Religion that does worship a thing (idolatry, Islam... that is what I'm trying to understand here) you can infer that idolatry is not a sin.

That is wrong.

Islam has the same God as much as Judaism and Catholicism. Islam is not the same religion of Judaism and Catholicism is not the same religion of Judaism.

Best regards.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Failed troll attempt, Islam is the last religion by the book of God. Bible says there will be one more religion to come and every people should convert them. If you don't read book you don't know.

Islam is a religion of violence. All violence is from the Devil.

Violence is subjective, worshipping a stone is objective.

Best regards.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16 (KJV)
legendary
Failed troll attempt, Islam is the last religion by the book of God. Bible says there will be one more religion to come and every people should convert them. If you don't read book you don't know.

Islam is a religion of violence. All violence is from the Devil.

Violence is subjective, worshipping a stone is objective.

Best regards.
From what I understood, Islam is derived from a cult that worshiped the moon. And the black stone is part of a statue from that time that represented that moon deity.

Still - all religions have idols, and when you ask priests, teachers etc. what does that mean they say that it is only a symbol - they always mislead you and turn words around to mess with your head and try to convince you that what they say is right. Which, of course, always led to the greatest conflicts and loss of life in every era.
Activity: 364
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"
- Ex 20:3

Idolatry is the worship of an idol or a physical object as a representation of a god.
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolatry

Muslims worship the Black Stone... why?
Ref: https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietra_Nera

If the Black Stone is the representation of God on Earth... Islam can be indicated as idolatry and hence been categorized not as Religion but as a sin.

What do you think?

Is the Black Stone the representation of God on Earth?

Best regards.

I think that Christianity, Islamism and Judaism all have the same God.

Islam is a religion as much as Judaism and Catholicism.

legendary
re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Once again you need to look up the definiton of religion (as posted above) and point out how (through the definition of religion) you can't worship a rock. If you believe a rock is a superhuman controlling power and worship it, then by the very definition you have a religion.

There is no God on the definition of Religion.

Do you like it?

Best regards.
Pages:
Jump to: