Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 144. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
Of course on the market , usually after ICO price can drop very much, and you can buy coins for the more cheaper price. It happens in 90% cases ).

In a condition when the market declines I prefer not to buy anything, just monitor the situation and I will use to buy during ICO, but this depends on the situation.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
I am now inclined to buy coins on the market, but no at the stage of ICO because of the fact that many projects can not raise even softcap and you will not return your money

That's why you will find a good ICOs that you can think their project will be successful. You can't participated in all ICOs out there what if they are scam that's why research is a must for you to have a knowledge or backgroud on that ICOs.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
I always buy when it's in the market because i always wait for the bounty hunters to dumo their coin first. Some of them place a sell order at low price and that's a good opportunity for me to buy at low.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

I prefer to buy a coin who is already listed in the market than buying coins in an ICO. There is too much risk involve in ICOs and also a big chance for making profit once it is being listed in exchange but i dont prefer it because many ICOs now are failed and scam. Only few have good potential to be one of top coins in the market.
I agree with you, the risks are very high. Sometimes after the end of the Ico and the exit of the coin to the exchange it can be bought much cheaper and with less risk.
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
I think that in conditions of such wild instability in the market, buying coins on a market is still safer than at the stage of ICO where there there are absolutely no guarantee...
Activity: 361
BIB Exchange
it is true bounty hunter often sell coin ico with price far below ico price.
Activity: 686
It seems that's the case, but not all ICOs are the way you think, because if we buy it when giving an extra bonus it will be more profitable because we get additional tokens that we buy, though later the tariff will drop after being distributed to the prize participants but that is only temporary because with certain prices will rise above the price of ICO in accordance with the ongoing roadmap, then to invest in the ICO for logterm is not short-term.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
I am now inclined to buy coins on the market, but no at the stage of ICO because of the fact that many projects can not raise even softcap and you will not return your money
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

When you buy tokens during the ICO, you pay for these coins less, but you also risk too much. You never know what the price of the token will be soon. That is why I vote for buying more coins on the market.

We pay less yes, discount is better more early you enter. The name initial is
not there for a joke, you invest in early stages, before product hit the markets.
   More early you invest more profit you will have if you chose the right coin
for investing.
   Jayco25 you are correct, many bounty hunters and investors sell very fast. I
do not that, I hold everything I earned and bought until now. Crypto-market have
a down-trend and now it is the best time for holding and buying more if you can.
Or earn tokens trough various bounty campaigns.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Many people buy coins not on ICO, but after holding, because bonus coins are issued to the exchange and at that moment it is possible to buy up to 100 times cheaper, but there may be a reverse situation when immediately after entering the stock exchanges the price starts to grow rapidly
Activity: 448
LETS GO ADAB
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

I prefer to buy a coin who is already listed in the market than buying coins in an ICO. There is too much risk involve in ICOs and also a big chance for making profit once it is being listed in exchange but i dont prefer it because many ICOs now are failed and scam. Only few have good potential to be one of top coins in the market.
Activity: 287

#Datarius

When you buy tokens during the ICO, you pay for these coins less, but you also risk too much. You never know what the price of the token will be soon. That is why I vote for buying more coins on the market.
Activity: 117
#Datarius
It depends on the potential of a project. If it has a successful ICO, has the good review by the community I think you can not buy their tokens with a cheaper price on exchange site. Bounty hunters are smart guys, they can realize this.
Yes, among the bounty hunters a lot of beginners to sell their coins immediately after ico, but more experienced bounty hunters who coins more than that of beginners always soberly evaluate the opportunity to earn more if keep coins some time. If the project weak originally and interest to him weak, it is most likely better to wait for the token on the Exchange and buy tokens cheaper. but, if the project perspective on all parameters to him strong interest on the part of investors, while still does it cost to buy tokens on ico or pre-ico because need to add that during the pre-ico almost all ico give an additional 10%-40% and this is a good help to buy it was early on.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
I think it is better to buy at ICO, when the price is cheaper.
If you wait till it get to exchange, what if the price never comes down?
Or if u think the price will reduce because a large amount is allocated to the bounty. Many project now release bounty tokens after the project is doing well on the exchange.
Activity: 111
It depends on the coin. If the coin is really selling like hotcakes right from the start, then you better not wait for it to get listed on exchanges. And then there are actually projects that are very anticipated and even if the ICO has not yet even began, people are already eagerly waiting for it. With a project like this, I would not prefer buying it on the exchanges. I would rather buy it during the ICO because it is already a trusted coin and then I will also be receiving a certain percentage as bonus in addition.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

#Datarius

Itnis better to buy at the ICO than in the market because where you can get the tokens for cheaper but the people will sell their tokens soon after the ICO ends then the value of the tokens will fall too hard.But if that project has the future potential then no need to sell them soon afyer the ICO we need to hold it because any tokens will go to moon in some months.
Activity: 140
In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage right now and already on the exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Activity: 98
The risk associated with investing in ICO is higher as it is not clear whether the new project will survive during the introduction into the market. But, if the project will turn out to be successful, the return in investment will be ten fold, or even more according to last year ICOs. Investing in the crypto that is already in the market, from the other hand is less risky as it has already been established in the market. However, the return on investment most probably will not be that high. Therefore, you should invest based on your insividual needs.
Activity: 224

#Datarius

This totally depends on case by case basis, firstly you must classified the project potential, if lets say the project is worth getting the tokens will be worth during the ICO to enjoy bonus offered, when you are not sure to be safe is monitor when the tokens is in the market already then start to buy however if the ICO is something in demand or highly sought for you most probably will be late to go into the market.
Activity: 217
Merit: 120
Presale is live!
Buying during the ICO is like walking with your eyes closed. No matter how promising a ICO looks, you can never be sure that it is going to turn out as is being promised by the dev team. You should rather wait for the token to hit the market and let the devs show a working demo of the product before investing a single dime in it.
Jump to: