Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 145. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 12
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

The cost is typically lower during the ICO. It is smarter to purchase right now. Costs have a tendency to go up inevitably and that implies profit for us. We simply should be watchful on which ICO to pick as this will be the result on whatever moves we make.
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
At the moment, where the whole market is on a big dump, i prefer to not invest in ICO's. Because when the new coins or tokens get listed while the market is still in the dump, the chance that the coins will lose their value is very high. So at the moment, there are some ICOs running im interested in, but i dont invest and wait until some bounty hunters drop their coins very cheap on the exchanges!
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
It really depends on the quality of the ICO (team, product, hard cap, etc...) plus the general market condition...

Considering ICOs with similar market cap evaluation there was a lot of difference if the token were released in December rather than now...
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
in the end it still depends on the quality of the team. i agree that too much bounty allocations may mean subsequent dumps. but most bounties nowadays are <2% anyways. If the project is good, ppl hold their bounty tokens too.

When you are sure about coin and the vision of the team that in future it has a good demand in the market then ideally should be buying in ICO is better option because you get a bonus token as well and thus after listing in the exchange you have a good chance to sell or keep it and sell at later date after your price target is achieved.

Activity: 126
I think this depends on the potential of each project. If you can analyze ICO thoroughly, then I believe that choosing a potential project will be simple. Buying at the time of ICO profit will not be as high as when purchasing at private sale. So, if you find a potential project, you should buy Token as soon as possible to get more profit after ICO going market.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Actually it depends on the situation though. There are many times where buying at ico is more profitable than buy in the market. Because sometimes when it's ico, they give big discount or bonus for the first hour, or certain period of time.
If that happens and the price is low, i bet it will cost better than buy in the market. Surely the price will fall when bounty hunters get their coins and sell them, but if the coins is great and has big prospect, just wait and the price will slowly increase again.
If you don't think so, then it'll be safer to buy in the market, after you analyze the price and predict like when to buy and when to sell to gain as many profits as you can.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
That's how the buyers set the price at low because they know if the bounty hunters tend to be rush to sell their token when they got the tokens from the distribution. But it doesn't mean buying from an ICO is unworthy, because the price is be cheap and you can also get the bonus from their scheduled phase sale.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
It's better to buy with ico because sometimes there are bonuses with their pre-sale or sale. If you are not after the bonuses then wait for the token to hit exchanges and wait for the bounty hunter to dump their token because some bounty hunters dump their coins quickly but it's did not guarantee that you have a sure buy because there are other people that are waiting to to buy at low price when it hit exchange.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
i think it will a better choice if we invest in the ICO at the ICO rather than the market, because we can always get sales if we invest in the ICO at the begining of the ICO, the price for each token will be much cheaper than the ICOs price, so investors will be profitable if they sell the token when it is  on the market.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
It depends on the Project. Mostly if its a new coins with a own blockchain, buying on ICO its the best price. On Initial Token Offerings, i just buy when theres no or just a small bounty pool. If theres a huge bounty pool, you can be shure that the most bounty hunters will dump their coin ond forkdelta. So then you can buy the Token for 50% or less of the Initial Token Offering price. Or you can participate by yourself on the bounty campaign Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
in the end it still depends on the quality of the team. i agree that too much bounty allocations may mean subsequent dumps. but most bounties nowadays are <2% anyways. If the project is good, ppl hold their bounty tokens too.
Activity: 322
In my opinion, it is better to buy on the market, because most of the coins after listing on the exchange have a price lower than on the ICO.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

Buying during ICO is my first option because you are only needed a small amount of capital to invest due to a big promo and bonuses to attract investors, but of course, careful selection and research should be done first for a sure profit.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
It often happens that the price of an asset falls as soon as the asset begins to trade on the exchange. But sometimes it's different. Sometimes it is much more profitable to buy a coin on pre-sale.
Activity: 756
Merit: 16
We All Can Make It
It is better to buy in the Market than during ICO because when a Coin gets to the Market, the project is at an advanced stage. During the ICO stages there is a risk of project failure or even outright scam.
ICO prices might be cheaper (though that is currently disputable) but Market remains the best.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I also found this problem, so I stopped to buy in these two month to participate in the ICO  raise, because I think most of the ICO project will be below the issue price, so why do we still have to attend the ICO raise? The bubble has burst.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Kuvacash.com
This is dependent on indivdual investors choice and research, buying during ICO'S would have been better if not for the fear of fraudulent project flying around.
Activity: 129
At this time, the ico market is very bad. Many ico are below the issue price. If I choose to invest and trade, I think I can buy the ico below the issuing price.

Activity: 736
Merit: 11
Of course on the market , usually after ICO price can drop very much, and you can buy coins for the more cheaper price. It happens in 90% cases ).
It is a very good time to buy a coin even arguably this strategy is far more profitable than investing in ico to get the coins because there are many prices that dropped dramatically from the price iconya
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
that's why an analysis is necessary if you want to invest in ICO. buy at current ICO will certainly give greater profit and sometimes also given price discounts. a lot of the ICO's current success and to know what kind of ICO certainly need analysis and not buy ICO at the time.
Jump to: