Pages:
Author

Topic: is it better to invest in bitcoin or ethereum ? - page 48. (Read 17392 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Ethereum is growing faster than Bitcoin. Both of them are very good coins to invest in. They have proven themself for a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
Ethereum is a runner-up to the Bitcoin in terms of market cap but it still remains one cryptocurrency I am not likely to acquire. I don't know why I am not moved by the frenzy around ether. More so, there's always news of wallet hacks every now and then around ethereum. Looking at it as an investment option to the Bitcoin is like comparing butterfly and an eagle. Yes, both can fly. But hell no, both don't fly same height.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..
For me investing is risky but its good to invest both just be patience if you invest becuase patience and have a courage to invest gives you a high profit someday or maybe you'll become rich like others becuase of invest . Smiley
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
They are both very good investments. It is difficult to say if 10x or 100x multiples are possible at this point with either of them, so your best bet in my opinion, would be to invest in both of them equally. This way you would be able to reduce your risk portfolio and increase your exposure to growth.

You also get to participate in all the benefits of ownership. Definitely just invest in both as a fun test for us.
Activity: 360
If you a long term investment, then you should start investing in ethereum, it really has a big potential and it is the second digital currency next to Bitcoin. Ethereum and Bitcoin is the two coins I trust.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Bitcoin, of course. Do you have an internet connection? The numbers are right there in black and white, it is not a question at all and there is no doubt in anyone's mind what the best investment is going to be. It is bitcoin all day long and pretty much no one is ever going to touch eth. That has got to be the biggest mistake that the crypto world ever made was allowing that coin to still exist.
Activity: 210
I think it is better to invest in both. Of course Bitcoin is the best one, since it is already stabilized and it is so old. But dont ignore Ethereum! It has a great potential and I think that someday it will reach bitcoins today price. Also ethereum is still easy to mine and you can make mine it with at home with a mini farm. In future ,it will be a lot harder to mine it so its price will go up
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Both coins are good to invest. If I were to choose, i'd invest majority in btc and invest some in eth, in either way you won't regret that you haven't invest in one of those coins. Any of those two coins, you will have a guaranteed profit by holding them.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Investing in bitcoin is good.

Investing in Ethereum is good as well.

I do not see why it would be necessary to discriminate against a coin to prefer only one of them. Let's face it: the cypto market is far from reaching full maturity, and more and more capital is turning to see this market as a highly profitable long-term investment project. These big capitals would not be so willing to invest in new altcoins that, while promising great technical advantages and important benefits, may disappear in a short time. Therefore these large investors will look for coins with a prestige gained over the years and covered by lively, enthusiastic and very active communities. And in this case, Bitcoin and Ethereum seem the strongest candidates to attract big capitals over the years, so investing in both will always be a good option.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
I have those, bitcoin and eth. But it's up to you if you can handle them for longer times.

There are so many challenges that are coming and keep on happening to those coins. If you can endure the ups and downs of btc and eth.

Do nothing but hold it for longer times.
Activity: 201
When Etherium forks do you get free monies like we did with Bitcoin Cash?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
There are speculation that bitcoin market value may reach $10,000 in no distance time from now despite the fact that it is currently facing serious challenges of fake news concerning ban from China government. This simply mean that bitcoin still has a profitability potential for one to invest his or her capital if all things remain equal as speculated. While some people are of the believe that bitcoin is currently over valued, and that they prefer ethereum over bitcoin. But for me, i will play safe by investing 60% of my capital in bitcoin while 40% will be invested in ethereum.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I do not sell my Ethereum since I bought at 50 € ($ 60) before the big bomb Smiley today I keep adding my wallet every time I can.

The Ethereum is following in the footsteps of Bitcoin, so if one goes up, the other one too.

I still think that he will be a nice competitor vs Bitcoin (but need time) Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Depends on the situation.If you see a goodspot to buy on both different currencies then invest in both of them but if you see only opportunity in one coin only then go for it Cheesy
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..

Both, they are good in the long term investment. I have seen ETH and bitcoin's price while it is not too high. I regret for not buying ETH when the price of it was still too low and the same for bitcoin. And I've witnessed it's growth from time to time and all I can say that if you want to be successful, have these two coins in your pick.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
Both coins are great as potential investments, but I would choose bitcoin(The King) if I had to choose one. Their value will surely rise in the long term and I am very confident about this. Grin

You're right that both coins have a very good potential but I prefer Ethereum for a long term of investment because it is second to Bitcoin (YourKing) Grin and if you just started investing you need a big capital if you choose bitcoin compare to the value of Ethereum right now.
I choose to invest in these two. Bitcoin and ethereum both has a huge potential that we could get earn profit in the long term. Ethereum is also good to invest with the price right now is affordable then I am for sure I can earn profit for hodling.
Activity: 510
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
Both coins are great as potential investments, but I would choose bitcoin(The King) if I had to choose one. Their value will surely rise in the long term and I am very confident about this. Grin

You're right that both coins have a very good potential but I prefer Ethereum for a long term of investment because it is second to Bitcoin (YourKing) Grin and if you just started investing you need a big capital if you choose bitcoin compare to the value of Ethereum right now.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

When the hype is strong in the crypto markets, I choose Ethereum (i.e. as a short term investment), because it tends to see more volatility and higher gains. When it comes to the long term, I am always trying to accumulate more Bitcoin.

I plan to tuck away a few ETH for the retirement portfolio, but I am skeptical of its long term future. Proof-of-stake terrifies me from a game theory perspective and I am always worried about its scalability. So, until my feelings on those issues change, I definitely prefer BTC from a long term perspective.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
Just a quick math, let's check the figures and forget about the technology, history, etc. behind the coins for a little while, let's say they're more or less equal in terms of usage and trust.
BTC has the price of $4,000 roughly nowdays. ETH is about $300. To gain a 100% profit out of them for BTC you have to wait a rise of another $4,000, to get the price to $8,000, just to double your investment (considering you're joining the club now, and have to buy your first coins now on market price). For ETH, it's only $300 which is not a really huge amount, compared to BTC. If ETH grows $300 and the price gets to $600, the price of $1,000 is not far away, that gives you more than 200% return on investment on the same period of time. It's just a quick calculation, based on the assumption that the two coins are nearly equal in usability and trustworthiness. But real life is not this simple Smiley

Sorry mate are you really that dumb ? You can not direct compare prices of those stocks you have to compare m. caps.

1    Bitcoin Bitcoin    $68,703,001,679    $4148.97    16,559,050 BTC    $1,553,570,000    -0.41%    sparkline
2    Ethereum Ethereum    $27,651,474,483    $292.41    94,563,405 ETH    $580,010,000    

So ETH is now 40% of BTC size. If you make them equal on market you have to put like 2-20 blions of USD to make m caps 1:1.
Eth with rise 2.5x will get BTC size. And is f. obvious then will be qual harder to pump both.

If you want invest then you should look for cheap ETH alternative not ETH for gains that is sure for me.
Once ICOs will collapse it will be bloody mess with ETH and massive eave of hate will come on it.
95% of investors those ICOs will burn 100% money.
[OFF]Let's skip the dumb part.[/OFF]
You're right about the market cap, but it was not counted in my calculation. Smaller market cap and lower price means that a smaller amount of money is enough from the whales or from anybody to pump or dump the price of ETH, which means if some whales want to earn quick money, they can move the price of ETH significantly higher (or lower) investing the same amount of money in ETH, compared to BTC, because bitcoin is much bigger (market cap).
You're right about the ICOs, and the effect that it will cause if ICOs will be regulated/banned in several countries. On the other hand, ETH is not only for ICOs but some multinational companies (Dell, Microsoft, banks, financial service providers) are working on a brand new system, based on blockchain technology and ETH at the moment. It's OK that it can change in the future, they can develop a new coin for their purposes in no time if they have all the neccessary resources, but at the moment they use ETH.
The big companies have the funds to support ETH's price, if it's their interest. If it's not, they can let it go down, and buy cheaper, if they want to. Nobody knows.
Pages:
Jump to: